Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Just get medicated!

Gardencel

Gardencel

The true grandmacel
★★★
On mobile so excuse fuck ups in formatting/grammar.

I’m so pissed.

I was talking an old friend from highschool, and we ended up talking about mental illness. I’m chonically ill (back pain) and mentally ill (major depressive disorder, add, and other shit I don’t want to bring up).

He told me maybe I should just get medicated, it’d help me ‘find lady friends’.

First off, I am on medication. Several. They help but they aren’t a goddamn cure. Second, that is such a crock of bullshit. There isnt a pill out there that will magically make me desireable. It won’t erase my illnesses nor will it magically make me attractive.

I’ve done therapy. I’ve done self help bullshit. Ive done every cope I could. I’ve done everything to ascend and be desirable.

Normies just want to ‘fix’ us.

I’m not the one that’s broken. I’m not something to be fixed! It’s this bullshit society that doesn’t accept me, that shuns me for being a mentally and chronically ill ugly man.

Side note: I’m not interested in hearing arguments about if I should even be taking the meds I’ve been persribed. They genuinely help and without I would be a homeless nothing. I have to be alive to take care of family. I can’t go without it.

It annoys me how our culture now pathologizes everything. I've been told so many times to "get help". Despite my many flaws I was able to get a full time job, wasn't I? And it wasn't some labor gig or McJob flipping burgers, it was a "real" job. I got a diploma. Yet, if I talk about how I feel my life isn't worth living because I am so lonely, every armchair psychologist wants to call me mentally ill. It's not a goddamn illness. I am not sick. Putting more chemicals in my body than I already have isn't going to solve my problems. All I need is someone that understands me and accepts me for what I am.

why do you average 5 posts per day? Do you not like us? :(

why do you average 5 posts per day? Do you not like us? :(

I just have a hard time getting online and having the energy to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back