Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill "Just be confident inkwell" - why confidence can't be created out of thin air

Nordicel94

Nordicel94

Pancake-faced viking-cel
Inspired by a pinned thread.

Confidence is like a currency i.e paper money. It has to be backed up by something of real value.

Your confidence "stocks" that you have accumulated throughout your life can be attributed to looks, achievements, status, social validation, love from family etc. It's anchored in real life experience = value. When a successful, good looking person walks around being confident, everyone knows that their confidence is backed up by value.

"Just be confident" is nonsensical advice. If you have nothing to base your confidence on, it's not backed up by anything. If you go into that mindset, you're basically printing money out of thin air, creating worthless currency. You're causing your own inflation. People might at first look at you and be impressed at you being so confident, but it's not sustainable, because that confidence is rooted in nothing. Eventually, the crash comes and people see through you, that you've basically been showing off with nothing to show for. Your stocks are worthless. You're a fraud. Impostor syndrome will get to you.

"Fake it til you make it" is an extension to this. The thing here is almost the same. Pretending to be something you're not might work for a while, but then the bubble will burst because you have no foundation. You might fraud yourself into being admitted to taking Maths at Yale, attend all the lectures, pretend to understand, you may even start to believe that you understand, you make friends with the other student but when that first exam comes, you'll be dumbfounded. You shouldn't have been there in the first place, you didn't have the talent that everyone else did that gave them confidence that they would succeed at Yale. If you "fake it til you make it"-you will ALWAYS be exposed or self-sabotage.

One time I saw someone give the advice: "Just imagine the confidence you would have after winning an Olympic Gold Medal, just get into that frame of mind and walk around and talk to girls". Jfl. That's not something that can be manufactured by a brain that has never kissed a girl.

confidence is also heavily based on aura.

If you are attractive and somehow insecure, you will be perceived as confident regardless.

Although, typically attractive people are the most confident, so it makes absolutely no sense to claim that confidence is a true factor.

Based thread. Confidence comes from success. Too many people think success comes from confidence, when it’s the other way around. I can be confident in my mechanical skills because most of the repairs I do succeed. I have no confidence with women because I have 0 success to my name. Confidence can’t be spawned out of nothing

Sometimes we need a healthy dose of water. Everything is water at this point. If we stopped mentioning stuff like this we’d have nothing to talk about

These days I am enjoying more threads about rant and personal experiences. It is not like we are running out of things to say.

But I can see why somoeme new to the blackpill would enjoy this thread.

These days I am enjoying more threads about rant and personal experiences. It is not like we are running out of things to say.

But I can see why somoeme new to the blackpill would enjoy this thread.
Personal rants are nice too. I’ve made enough of them myself. Earlier today I made a thread because I couldn’t sleep when the normie retards were cutting the grass while I was trying to sleep. Boy, I wish I could rev up engines at night when they try to sleep and bother them in return

Personal rants are nice too. I’ve made enough of them myself. Earlier today I made a thread because I couldn’t sleep when the normie retards were cutting the grass while I was trying to sleep. Boy, I wish I could rev up engines at night when they try to sleep and bother them in return
thats my biggest problem going to sleep during the day. The noise is just too much. Unless I am really tired is hard to sleep here. There is always construction noise, people screamming motorcycles etc.

thats my biggest problem going to sleep during the day. The noise is just too much. Unless I am really tired is hard to sleep here. There is always construction noise, people screamming motorcycles etc.
Same. I hate how often my sleep gets ruined

Based thread. Confidence comes from success. Too many people think success comes from confidence, when it’s the other way around. I can be confident in my mechanical skills because most of the repairs I do succeed. I have no confidence with women because I have 0 success to my name. Confidence can’t be spawned out of nothing
Thanks man. Yeah if confidence was something that could be spawned out of nothing, everyone would turn it on in the morning and have an amazing day. Same goes for happiness. We're evolved to survive, not necessarily to be happy all the time. Happiness is a reward we get for achievements that further our survival and the survival of our genes.

Spawning confidence and happiness can only be done with drugs, and even then it's unsustainable, fake and destructive.

Thanks man. Yeah if confidence was something that could be spawned out of nothing, everyone would turn it on in the morning and have an amazing day. Same goes for happiness. We're evolved to survive, not necessarily to be happy all the time. Happiness is a reward we get for achievements that further our survival and the survival of our genes.

Spawning confidence and happiness can only be done with drugs, and even then it's unsustainable, fake and destructive.
:yes: :yes: :yes: Yep. Confidence is a byproduct of success, nothing more. Just like exhaust is a byproduct from a car engine using an air fuel mixture to power the engine