Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Jester trait: Trying to impress normies with self depreciating jokes

shii410

shii410

I'm not black I'm O. J.
★★★★★
seriously. they think it makes them seem humble and down to earth, but in reality normies don't even think of it as a joke, they take it at face value because you actually are a loser. this type of humor is only popular on the internet, specifically parts inhabited by social rejects who hate themselves. this gives them the impression that this type of humor is funny and relatable to people in real life too, which it isn't.

in reality normies have massive egos and very high opinions of themselves. they're always competing to have the highest status and put other people beneath them. no one empathizes or relates to your "self depreciating jokes", you're just voluntarily resigning yourself to loser status which is perfectly fine with everybody else

Last edited:
can't remember when i've made self deprecation jokes, although i'm pretty sure i have at one point unfortunately

I used to do this when I was a retard in high school. Backfired completely and it just ended up giving them "permission" to insult and bully me.

They really do take it as face value as that's something I've always done and they don't laugh, they tell me to stop being so hard on myself. And then tell me to go to church to meet girls. LMAO.

seriously. they think it makes them seem humble and down to earth, but in reality normies don't even think of it as a joke, they take it at face value because you actually are a loser. this type of humor is only popular on the internet, specifically parts inhabited by social rejects who hate themselves. this gives these them the impression that this type of humor is funny and relatable to people in real life too, which it isn't.

in reality normies have massive egos and very high opinions of themselves. they're always competing to have the highest status and put other people beneath them. no one empathizes or relates to your "self depreciating jokes", you're just voluntarily resigning yourself to loser status which is perfectly fine with everybody else
High IQ

I had to learn this the hard way. I never took myself seriously throughout high school and made fun of myself. It only led to more bullying that was based on my self-depreciating humour.

I used to do this when I was a retard in high school. Backfired completely and it just ended up giving them "permission" to insult and bully me.
High IQ

I had to learn this the hard way. I never took myself seriously throughout high school and made fun of myself. It only led to more bullying that was based on my self-depreciating humour.
yep same here. when you make self depreciating remarks about your insecurities as a "joke", normies will hurl them back at you as genuine insults. what every social outcast needs to understand is normies cannot relate to you at all, and they have no reason to respect or empathize with you. if you make yourself vulnerable their instinctive reaction is to exploit or ignore you. you can never expect them to show you compassion or sympathy

I did this in middle school and it made my life 100x worse I’m glad I stopped

Only cucks who submit to soyciety do this

>”He doesnt care about height jokes guys it’s ok you can make them” :feelsUnreal: :reeeeee::feelsree:
that shit has dogged me for life

I'm not even doing it to impress anyone, it just comes naturally at this point.

True Incel trait indeed.
was always considered a Jester among my school colleagues. non of them was actually funny and I had to ridicule myself to fit in

Do not interact with normies unless you're going ER

Used to do it all the time when I was young. Made me feel horrible. Stopped doing it in early high school and chose to just be alone instead.

I see normies doing it too tho