Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I've never read a book in my life

NeverEvenBegan

NeverEvenBegan

KHHDV Wizard Alchemist. Wageslavecel.
★★★★★
This isn't something to brag about... But even in school when we had to read books, I was just looking up the summary online.

Maybe from ADHD or something, but I don't have the attention span to read books. I even tried reading books related to games, like Witcher and Mass Effect books. Still got bored of them.

You read books for entertainment and knowledge, right? Well, I do other things for better entertainment. And for knowledge, I can just search specifically for it without having to spend 6 hours reading a book.

People who read seem disingenous to me. Like they're try-hards who only read because it makes them feel 'smart'. Because that's 'what you are supposed to do' in order to 'be smart'.

What are your thoughts on reading?

Ive read plenty

I had my reading phase when i read bunch of books. Now i listen to audiobooks often, you could try that.

I used to read a lot but lately it’s been on the decline, I honestly lack the motivation to do fuck all lately

Now i listen to audiobooks often, you could try that.
If YouTube, Twitch and torrent websites suddenly disappeared overnight, and audiobooks were readily available, maybe...

But I just don't feel any reason to listen to an audiobook when I could listen AND watch a video.

Over sparksnotescels

But honestly, reading for the sake of reading itself is another cope and not that useful in itself. Unless you're studying and need to read to complete a course or need to read for job related purposes in which case it actually has practicality. Otherwise it's another cope you can use to pass the time. Having that knowledge in your head for any other reason other than ones listed earlier (like reading to gain knowledge for the sake of gaining knowledge and nothing else), it isn't very useful in a day to day basis. If you need knowledge for a hobby or discussing said hobby you can just get it from the tips of your fingers by googling or writing down notes instead of memorizing entire sections from books anyways.

I've played Hogwart's Legacy :feelsdevil:

I've played Shadow of Mordor :feelsdevil:
First three PC harry potter games and third PS2 lord of the rings game were staples of my childhood.

First three PC harry potter games and third PS2 lord of the rings game were staples of my childhood.
I remember playing one of the older Harry Potter games on PC, I don't know exactly which one or what it was called. But I remember they were amazing for the time. I remember collecting chocolate frogs.

I used to read the same book on repeat like a sperg

Me neither if you disregard academic school books

I remember playing one of the older Harry Potter games on PC, I don't know exactly which one or what it was called. But I remember they were amazing for the time. I remember collecting chocolate frogs.
They were so comfy and the soundtracks of the first two are ingrained in my memory. I remember the spells too such as flipendo and spongify, I miss those days. There's a modding community online making maps for them and accessing the debug mode to fly around the maps.

Read at least six libraries of books. I’m on non-fiction book 5,000.

I've read plenty of books but IMO it's overrated

books are mostly just pointless padded shit

and authors are retarded

authors are retarded
Image 2024 05 29 175654904

Not all, though :)

Some are breedable :feelsdevil:

I read books sometimes but only if they are interesting ( for me ).

I love reading, sometime it's a cope

I can just search specifically for it without having to spend 6 hours reading a book.
P1 Intesive resarch of a subject is realesed in long documents

P2 That research when compiled, can be realased in the from of a book.

C Reading a book, can be considered perfroming research

P1 Intesive resarch of a subject is realesed in long documents

P2 That research when compiled, can be realased in the from of a book.

C Reading a book, can be considered perfroming research
Not untrue

This isn't something to brag about... But even in school when we had to read books, I was just looking up the summary online.

Maybe from ADHD or something, but I don't have the attention span to read books. I even tried reading books related to games, like Witcher and Mass Effect books. Still got bored of them.

You read books for entertainment and knowledge, right? Well, I do other things for better entertainment. And for knowledge, I can just search specifically for it without having to spend 6 hours reading a book.

People who read seem disingenous to me. Like they're try-hards who only read because it makes them feel 'smart'. Because that's 'what you are supposed to do' in order to 'be smart'.

What are your thoughts on reading?
The only book Ive ever read from start to finish was 1984 and since then Ive pretty much never read anything again

I dont have a good enough imagination to read books or listen to audiobooks

I try to imagine the scene in my head but the image just comes out messy
Its more enjoyable for me to watch films