Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story I've been lying to my family

ain

ain

Recruit
★★
I've been lying to my parents for the past year about going to community college through online classes. Throughout this time of lying, I have been in undercover NEET status. Now that summer is almost ending and school is to start back next month, they are telling me I have to take in-person classes.

The popular method is to take two years of CC and go to University for the last two, although if I don't end up in Uni next year I will be in big trouble. Since I will have to restart year one (because I skipped all my classes) and they will find out if I actually complete the year that I didn't get my associates.

I don't know what I should do now that I am destined to bring extreme disappointment to my parents who already had little satisfaction from me and the consequences that'll come from it. The only thing I had left was the potential for a decent wageslaving future and because I've fucked up the schedule, I'm on serious verge of roping.

Listen to your parents and try your best to finish your education and stuff. That's your only way of escaping inceldom.

you can't escape inceldom with a degree
Yeah but he could at least live a decent life, and maybe get some plastic surgeries. It won't give him an escape from inceldom, but it will improve his quality of life

The popular method is to take two years of CC and go to University for the last two, although if I don't end up in Uni next year I will be in big trouble. Since I will have to restart year one (because I skipped all my classes) and they will find out if I actually complete the year that I didn't get my associates.
This is your best bet, I lied about the same thing to my parents the first year of CC. You can opt to take one or two classes in person and, if you have more, remote. Best of luck to you brocel

I did something similar. Here's a tip: don't register for classes at all if you're not going to commit to them. When your school stops letting you take classes, you're in trouble. Gaps don't matter, gpa does

This is your best bet, I lied about the same thing to my parents the first year of CC. You can opt to take one or two classes in person and, if you have more, remote. Best of luck to you brocel
Thanks brocel, I'll be sure to try this when the time comes. Also, did your family find out and if so, were they mad?

I did something similar. Here's a tip: don't register for classes at all if you're not going to commit to them. When your school stops letting you take classes, you're in trouble. Gaps don't matter, gpa does
Appreciate the tip, will keep this in mind.

Thanks brocel, I'll be sure to try this when the time comes. Also, did your family find out and if so, were they mad?
I eventually told them, they were a little mad but mostly concerned that I felt the need to lie about something like that instead of "I don't want to go to CC". Worst thing that can happen is things will be a bit awkward for a few days, but you'll get over it.

It doesn't help that I'm a serial liar and have also lied about having a job in the past (after getting fired jfl)

I eventually told them, they were a little mad but mostly concerned that I felt the need to lie about something like that instead of "I don't want to go to CC". Worst thing that can happen is things will be a bit awkward for a few days, but you'll get over it.

It doesn't help that I'm a serial liar and have also lied about having a job in the past (after getting fired jfl)
Dreading the day it comes but a little less worried now, thanks :feelsokman: