Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory It's amazing how simple school life is compared to work life

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Randomly I watched a music video from my youth and... wow we were so carefree back then and so socially connected.

I think a big part of it is how simple school life is. Everyone is given a place and you just go. There's no feeling of being lost or alone or confused because you're GIVEN a place.

I don't really think I have to say much else on this because it's just obvious isn't it really XD

There's no feeling of being lost or alone or confused because you're GIVEN a place.
Unless you're the outcast autist who was alone even in a group of other losers.

I found school way worse than work

at school I'd get mogged by sexhavers all day

work is just a bunch of old ppl. Plus, it's easier. I surf the net half the time

Clear you were fairly popular during your school days then, wasn't like that for everyone...

Unless you're the outcast autist who was alone even in a group of other losers.
:yes:

Clear you were fairly popular during your school days then, wasn't like that for everyone...

Hm, I guess not.

We used to hang out and listen to pop punk and go to gigs, heh :)

Maybe as well as finding active workplaces I should also try to engage with communities like pop punk or whatever I like.

This forum is a community too of course but a) it's hard for us to meet irl and b) it's only one community. Typically I think it's good to have more than one.

Like when I was 17 I used to be in a few different communities based on different interests (pop punk, FPS gaming, Phantasy Star Online, etc!).

:yes:
I'm remembering those lonely lunch times trying to convince myself that I'm a lone wolf roaming the halls or hiding in the library doing stuff on the computer, sitting alone in class and people sniggering when the teacher paired someone with me.

I wonder how I managed to have a nice experience at school then.

It's strange because I did get teased and I also got ignored by a lot of the girls.

But... I had the nerdy group to hang out with. XD

And we were good friends. Plus, my best friend at school introduced me to a group he knew outside of school via his supermarket job and that opened up a new friends network to me. I guess it was mainly friends of friends because we were all about the same age and used to go to see bands in London.

It just all fell together. Maybe to some degree I was just lucky, but I was also very chatty at that age so that probably helped.

I think when you're under say 25 it's easier to feel like you have a community because "young people" is like a community in and of itself. You have a lot in common off the bat especially if you are attending a reasonable school/college/uni as then that excludes the worst of the troublemakers.

As soon as I lost that it got a lot more difficult for me to connect socially.