Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel It's a little late for Halloween but here's my favorite scene from my favorite horror movie

Zesto

Zesto

Chair of the Beautification Committee
-

I love this scene. It's from the original Dawn of the Dead (also the first horror movie I ever saw and the first movie I ever streamed, I was like 13).

Here is this guy, all his friends died, the only survivor is his acquaintance's wife. They made a nice life for themselves in a mall in the middle of a zombie apocalypse but a biker gang crashed it and ruined it for everyone, swarming the place with zombies again and getting killed in the process.

He tells the woman, to just go and leave him behind, he doesn't want to escape with her to the helicopter. He's had enough and just wants to LDAR forever.

She's in the helicopter warming it up, he's got a gun to his head as the zombies come in the room he's in, ready to shoot himself so he doesn't become one of them. Right as he's about to get eaten he pulls the gun from his head and unloads in the zombies. Then he kicks and punches his way to the roof and get's in the helicopter.

I just love how his face changes so quickly to a resigned look to NO WAY!

He gets in and after some deep breathing says "how much fuel do we have" and the woman says "not much" which makes him smile to himself and go "alright" as she flies off at the beginning of dawn.

I was fortunate enough to watch the Italian version that had this awesome music.

I love this and I think about it often.

When I'm feeling down and feel like giving up I think of this scene.

Like this guy who was ready to completely surrender himself and give up, and then at that very last second he's like "Screw this crap!" and pulls himself back together.

I think a lot of us can relate when the world gets us down and we just want it all to end but we still keep on fighting despite feeling like we're going to be crushed.

We run to that helicopter with an uncertain future, not knowing how were going to survive but we still try anyway because it's better then just giving up.