Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting It really annoys me that Americucks say "mom" instead of "mum".

Mum or mom

• Mum

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Mom

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters
ilieknothing

ilieknothing

كاريسل
★★★★★
It just looks and sounds so fucking retarded. What is worse is that since Americans are the most prevalent English speakers and culturally most dominant it has spread to non-Commonwealth countries and even some Commonwealth countries. In a Telegram group a curry from India said "Mom" instead of "mum" and I went off at him because he is from a Commonwealth country and he is supposed to say "mum".

One reason is that "ya mum" is a really good insult used in Chadstralia. If someone calls you a shitcunt, you just reply "ya mum" and it is a great insult.

Britfags say mum but they say it in a weird way.

I know this is a dumb thing to be annoyed by but it annoys me.

mom mogs

when im typing i write mom nowadays ngl

Americans aren't real

Keep crying over my accent.

I prefer saying mother tbh

mama is the most high iq. The Dutch say mama.

I usually try to stick to the most orthodox pronunciation simply because as a non-native speaker sometimes it's hard to correctly get the nuances of spelling and pronunciation variations. For instance, I could be sounding gay without noticing.

you have the wrong opinion, i don’t even call my mother anything anymore

I get annoyed whenever i hear people in my country calling their parents mom and dad, instead of sticking to our native terms tbh.

161.jpg

I say mum but I know that it is actually mom as mo is the first 2 letters of mother, the root word from which "mom" is derived

I don’t like ‘mum’ tbh sounds kinda Irish.

mom, mum < Mother

I even see britbongs online use "mom" instead of the native term smh.

Jesus, it's just a word. Also, mum sounds like your mumbling, like some mush-mouth.