Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Isometric RPGs thread

• Thread starter BootyHunter88392
  • Start date
B

BootyHunter88392

Banned
-
Who here absolutely loves isometric RPGs? Here's a list of some of them, so you know what I am talking about.

Fallout 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Icewind Dale 1 and 2
Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Tyranny
Planetscape: Torment
Torment Tides of Numenera

I guess you could also include Diablo 1 and 2 and 3 and Path of Exile too.

What is really sad is that thousands of absolute SHIT indie games are being released every year but isometric RPGs are extremely rare. Thank God they have had a big come-back over the past few years because this is really an awesome game genre. Who else here loves them?

Yeah they're great. Ive played BG2, IWD, Torment and PoE for over 1000 hours in my life I'd say.

I've played it a lot less since I took up model assembly and painting.

Never winter nights and I love baldurs gate

Check out Lost Ark it’s a isometric ARPG thst will never come out in the west

Super mario rpg is also a great isometric rpg. Kinda sad how they are kind of a dying breed

DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2

BOF 3 is really good

Harvest Moon 64 and BTN also rocked the iso perfectly

Yeah they're great. Ive played BG2, IWD, Torment and PoE for over 1000 hours in my life I'd say.

I've played it a lot less since I took up model assembly and painting.
no Fallout 1 or 2? Those were such goddamn GREAT games.

In all honesty I don't like games that have the setting of medieval, Game of Thrones, Middle Ages type of setting. I like futuristic settings or post-nuclear or basically ANY setting except these lame ass dungeons and dragons middles ages orcs and humans bullshit.

Fallout 1 and 2 and Wasteland 2 are post-nuclear setting. Really interesting.

Torment Tides of Nunemera is set 1 billion years into the future, so it's really a fascinating game.

Pretty much all the other games are set in that middle ages horses and knights and orcs and shit setting, which I really dislike.

On that note, WHY is this Middle Ages, Game of Thrones medieval setting so popular? I thought modern people hate such a setting since it was so "backwards" compared to our modern liberal technologically advanced society. Why the fuck do people love that shit, shows like Vikings and Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings and these gay ass medieval games like Skyrim and Divinity? Are white people just racist neo-Nazis and want to return society to the Middle Ages or something?

On that note, WHY is this Middle Ages, Game of Thrones medieval setting so popular? I thought modern people hate such a setting since it was so "backwards" compared to our modern liberal technologically advanced society. Why the fuck do people love that shit, shows like Vikings and Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings and these gay ass medieval games like Skyrim and Divinity? Are white people just racist neo-Nazis and want to return society to the Middle Ages or something?
i'll make a new thread to ask that question.

what i REALLY love to do in these types of games is turn on a God Mode cheat and then just go from town to town killing every man, woman, and child. I did that once in Fallout 2, I literally killed the entire world. LMAO!!!

Fallout classic trilogy is legit. I didn't played the other games, tho.

Played my fair share of fallout 2, it's what got me in the series.

I heard Postal and Postal Redux(Isometric)

(I played Postal 2[FPS])

I heard Postal and Postal Redux(Isometric)

(I played Postal 2[FPS])

yea i tried that game a couple months ago, pretty cool but got boring real fast. The only games i dont get bored of is Diablo 3 or Path of Exile

I'll have to write these down for later. Planescape Torment is great.

Who here absolutely loves isometric RPGs? Here's a list of some of them, so you know what I am talking about.

Fallout 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Icewind Dale 1 and 2
Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Tyranny
Planetscape: Torment
Torment Tides of Numenera

I guess you could also include Diablo 1 and 2 and 3 and Path of Exile too.

What is really sad is that thousands of absolute SHIT indie games are being released every year but isometric RPGs are extremely rare. Thank God they have had a big come-back over the past few years because this is really an awesome game genre. Who else here loves them?
Fallout 1 and 2 are good.

I'll have to write these down for later. Planescape Torment is great.

to be honest i do not like too much fucking reading. Path of Exile IS the one same i recommend and it's FREE.

It's basically the unofficial sequel to Diablo 2, and it's what Diablo 3 SHOULD have been.

Otherwise the single-player isometric RPGs, especially Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2, and all pretty decent games, just be warned that there is a lot of reading involved.

Fallout 1 and 2 are good.

Fuck yes bitch. Interesting story, not too much reading, a lot of action, and a very interesting setting of a post-nuclear apocalypse wasteland. Out of all the games mentioned, Fallout 1 and 2 are at the top of the list. Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 follow a close second.

Does that mean x-com is also one of them?

Does that mean x-com is also one of them?

ah yea forgot about that one. I tried X-Com and it was cool but i couldnt' really get into it. Maybe I'll try it again and use god mode cheats with Cheat Engine and see if i can enjoy it

Fuck yes bitch. Interesting story, not too much reading, a lot of action, and a very interesting setting of a post-nuclear apocalypse wasteland. Out of all the games mentioned, Fallout 1 and 2 are at the top of the list. Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 follow a close second.
You played underrail op? Its pretty similar and combat is better.

i just googled it, it looks like a pretty decent game. I'll download it and make some playthru videos.

hey thanks this is looking pretty fucking nice. I'll definitely make a series of playthru videos for this game.

Pm me your yt channel
its on BitChute and i am using a fake woman's pics and calling myself a "GAMER GIRL"

Shadowrun
yea i played Shadowrun Hong Kong last week, a cool game with a nice setting, cyberpunk future, but it was way too much reading and not enough action at all. Got bored and deleted it.

just tried it, to be honest i dont think its that good. I'd rather just play Fallout 1

MegaMan Battle Network
goddamit fag, i thought it was some kind of MegaMan MMORPG or something

resizedimage640426-MegaMan-Battle-Network-3-Lans-room.png

wait WHAT? What the fuck is that? I will google it now.
grid based rpg with a "chip system"
basically Megaman.exe moves around his side of the 3 by 6 grid and can move and shot
chips allow for more damage
u can steal tiles with chips too

I'm replaying Fallout 1.

i was going to but could not find a working Cheat Engine table for it. I did find a table for Fallout 2 which gave me unlimited AP points, which basically made me invincible. Beat the whole game in like 8 hours.

fuck it, i have Diablo 2 on purchase, i am gonna re-install and play it. Now that i have some basic idea of it's style from playing Path of Exile