Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is the MERN stack too saturated?

lemon21

lemon21

Isekai enjoyer
-
Nowadays when i see job postings there's a ton of dudes that apply that know the typical MERN stack, Mongo/Express/React/Node. Even if there's enough demand for it, The quantity of the postulants is really concerning, i already learned enough JS to pick a framework and stick with it to do the frontend, and i also want to learn a back end languaje too.

Im torn if i should learn React or just go with Vue/Angular and for the back better learn Java/spring over Node/Express, but i'm not really sure. Any Web developers thoughts on this?

I will suggest you to go for golang / java spring as they bit specific but not alien so they command decent salary. Other suggestions will include elixir, groovy, scala and c#. And for frontend flutter seems like sanest choice

If you already know Javascript you're pretty much set with reactjs and nodejs

I will suggest you to go for golang / java spring as they bit specific but not alien so they command decent salary. Other suggestions will include elixir, groovy, scala and c#. And for frontend flutter seems like sanest choice
I think i'm waay to lazy to learn other technologies tbh, i'll see what i'll do if i get no jobs with Node

Learn programming, not languages

Good luck getting a job :feelsseriously:
He is correct. You need to have fundamental understanding of programming concepts. Once you have that, picking up any language is not gonna be a big problem.

Most technical interviews will test your ability to solve problems and are fairly lenient in whichever language you pick.

I'm 10 years in my career
Cool. I'm not sure why you assumed that i don't have knowledge of pseudo-code and data structures.

He is correct. You need to have fundamental understanding of programming concepts. Once you have that, picking up any language is not gonna be a big problem.

Most technical interviews will test your ability to solve problems and are fairly lenient in whichever language you pick.
I don't believe there's any company that will take you only knowing CS concepts nowadays, with the competition there is. Also i don't know why you guys say this when i did not say that i just picked up programming a couple of months ago. I already know the basics of programming in general

I don't believe there's any company that will take you only knowing CS concepts nowadays, with the competition there is.
FAANG, they don't give a fuck about your language of choice.

FAANG, they don't give a fuck about your language of choice.
Sigh. Dude put you in my position for a second will you? I don't even have a bachelor's in CS yet. Tell me how in gods name will i even get an interview in FANG.

I can't even get jobs at startups, getting a job at FANG is just a pipedream.

Idk, every YouTube tutorial uses MERN stack so maybe. I know pern stack which is just Postgres instead of mongo. I have a cs degree to compensate but I’m probably fucked trying to get a job. Everyone seems to know way more than me

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back