Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is the internet enough to be educated without needing any institutional help?

• Thread starter Dreamerofgreateness
  • Start date
Dreamerofgreateness

Dreamerofgreateness

Recruit
★★★★★
I'm asking it cuz I feel like I would have become more educated If I got to study outside (I'm from 3rd world). I was just wondering is the internet sufficient to learn everything from start to end and become a smart civilised person from scratch about everything? Cause I feel a frustration of missing some knowledge I would have gained if I had studied in the schools /colleges/universities of any western country and would have become wiser. Is my frustration valid?
Let's say I want to raise a 5 year old till adulthood by making him study using only the internet. Is it enough for a proper education if we compromise the environment these institutions provide? I feel like I want to know about things more but couldn’t find what I'm looking for and It feels frustrating and I don't even know what book to read to know what I want to know and even I don't know what I really want to know and I'm suffering from this crisis and couldn’t find a solution or a way to escape.

I've tried that and it absolutely works. A lot better than the institutions too, but of course, only if you yourself are not a moron and do it right.

Screenshot 2024 08 31 151553

I've tried that and it absolutely works. A lot better than the institutions too, but of course, only if you yourself are not a moron and do it right.
I couldn’t find a roadmap which is ofc free at cost

Now I'm not looking for something like 'How to code' or 'how to design' or 'how to animate'. What I'm looking is general knowledge which makes you smarter. You know when you meet a middle age or old man or a genius who has pretty much knowledge about everything and is very interesting to talk with. That type of knowledge.

In most education things, yes
The irl learning you'd need the most involves speaking and pronunciation

And I spend most of my life inside my room

Knowledge yeah, for a lot of things. It's nuanced though

In most education things, yes
The irl learning you'd need the most involves speaking and pronunciation
But youknow, Institution provides a roadmap and new subjects to study about. On the other hand everything is roughly scattered around the internet which makes it hard to use as an alternative of traditional learning.

But youknow, Institution provides a roadmap and new subjects to study about. On the other hand everything is roughly scattered around the internet which makes it hard to use as an alternative of traditional learning.
Fair point
Although, you could just use your parents or any other figure as a guide, like they do in homeschooling

Fair point
Although, you could just use your parents or any other figure as a guide, like they do in homeschooling
I wish I could but most people here including my parents aren't that smart. So asking them for guidance won't be wise.

Probably yes if you do it by right step by step. Problem with the internet is that theres many jumping all over the place, often contradictory informations.

What is your experience with education of your country? Was it enough to make you knowledgeable about most things?
Kinda
The most important things i learnt, was from young 5s till 8th grade
High school wasn't necessary at all

Kinda
The most important things i learnt, was from young 5s till 8th grade
High school wasn't necessary at all
I learned enough things fron watching tv, studying textbooks etc but I feel like as if my knowledge and iq is dropping and niw I'm panicking.

I learned enough things fron watching tv, studying textbooks etc but I feel like as if my knowledge and iq is dropping and niw I'm panicking.
Don't panic
If that's actually occurring, try to learn it back

Now I'm not looking for something like 'How to code' or 'how to design' or 'how to animate'. What I'm looking is general knowledge which makes you smarter. You know when you meet a middle age or old man or a genius who has pretty much knowledge about everything and is very interesting to talk with. That type of knowledge.
No. I believe that type of knowledge comes from experience, not browsing the internet

Getting others to accept you know the stuff, is the hardest part. You must know the subject better than them.

You could study all the shit for free online. Then take a test from an accredited school (small fee) to earn the certification paperwork to "prove" you know the shit.