Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is reading books a flaw?

• Thread starter Draconian Times
  • Start date

Is reading books a flaw?

• Yes, it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is not.

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters
D

Draconian Times

-
Not in an intellectual sense; I refer to the social aspect of it.

I have always been somewhat of a bookworm, but intimidating my friends for having a richer vocabulary or being more knowledgeable is the last thing I need.

I would give up on books in a heartbeat if they turned out to be damaging. Looks, money, and social skills are the necessary elements to navigate life. Books can only help so much.

I cannot help but wonder if reading books is a flaw of some sort.

How is reading books ever a flaw??

I think it does not matter at all

No. Books are good for Brain and mental health :bigbrain::feelsthink:

Last edited:
Reading and Writing is POWER

The fact you have friends and a foid avi is a flaw

Of course not, reading books not only increase your vocabulary, your culture, but they are also a great passtime/hobbie, it's amazing when you get hooked up into a book and start to imagine the characters and the enviroments in your head.

Obviously, reading books should walk together with having good social skills.

If not, what's the point of reciting all the classics of literature, but being unable to say hi to anyone?

High IQ activity that is a flaw if you're not hipster chad or foid.

Reading books is not a flaw however it can alienate some people these days; some see reading as an affectation, someone trying to look smart.

Smart phones have fried a lot of brains in terms of wrecking people’s attention spans, leading to people reading less and less. Reading used to be more common and is now a very niche activity.

A lot of people get embarrassed and feel dumb because they basically cannot read books anymore/get too easily distracted/find it boring.

Depending on the situation it can be profitable to play dumb and hide your interest in anything vaguely intellectual. Talk about experiences instead of ideas. People will trust you more.

I would give up on books in a heartbeat if they turned out to be damaging. Looks, money, and social skills are the necessary elements to navigate life. Books can only help so much.

Read books but keep it quiet. Don’t use too many obscure words. Speak laconically; short sentences. Describe experiences instead of abstract ideas.

If you look at Louis Theroux, the man plays dumb. He pretends to be a massively naive moron (he is different in interviews). However his person when talking to dangerous people sorta works because they are unthreatened by him and they trust him; they don’t think he’s plotting anything.