Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

is pc really the best gaming outlet

uglylifematters

uglylifematters

Ugly
★★★★
I have a ps4 but I want to know if pc is better. I see the all the crazy mods for games like skyrim, and I just wanted to know if pc is worth it

also this is probably a dumb question, but can you play pc games on any pc? would a laptop work?

RE: is pc really the best console

pc is extremely superior than any console for various reason

the laptopthing depends................a desktop is always superior than a laptop, given equal components

PC is better, but a lot more expensive. Other than the price, the only downside to PC is not getting the console exclusives.

nausea said:
pc is extremely superior than any console for various reason

the laptopthing depends................a desktop is always superior than a laptop, given equal components

are there any good desktop ones for a cheap price?

sorry another stupid question but what do you mean by "equal components"

Dekim said:
PC is better, but a lot more expensive. Other than the price, the only downside to PC is not getting the console exclusives.

more expensive how? the computer itself?

uglylifematters said:
are there any good desktop ones for a cheap price?
pc assembled componenst cost always the same no matter the year, a good pc today costs like a good pc tomorrow ergo 1000 euro

components = mb plus everything connected to it lol ( ram gpu cpu power hd )

Pc isn't a console

uglylifematters said:
more expensive how? the computer itself?

Yea a decent computer will cost you 1000 + ... And you still have to get a mouse, keyboard, headset, monitor, etc.

OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:
Pc isn't a console
my bad I'm a fucking idiot ill change it

uglylifematters said:
can you play pc games on any pc?

No. You have to do annual upgrades to play the latest games.

OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:

Not realy. Annual upgrades are only needed if you want to play a few selected games on max settings. 

I still have an old pc with a 2011 cpu, and 2014-5 gpu that runs most games decently.

OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:

annual as in EVERY year? you/your parents can afford that?

Dekim said:
OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:
Not realy. Annual upgrades are only needed if you want to play a few selected games on max settings.
I still have an old pc with a 2011 cpu, and 2014-5 gpu that runs most games decently.
Can it run some triple A 2018 game?

Dekim said:
OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:

geez that scared me for a second. i don't have that kind of money

Dekim said:
OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:

OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:

Runs BF1 on medium with 60 fps

OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:
Dekim said:
OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:
jesus kointo, who cares about tripleA shit?

Only games that require a beast PC, are MMOs with big open worlds.

nausea said:
OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:
Dekim said:
OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:
jesus kointo, who cares about tripleA shit?
Someone who wants to play the newest games

Dekim said:

do you have any problems with recent games? your computer works fine with games that come out nowadays?

uglylifematters said:
do you have any problems with recent games? your computer works fine with games that come out nowadays?

I don't realy use it anymore, cause i have a better PC, but like i said it ran BF1 well. If it can run BF1 well, it will run everything else decently. 

Keep in mind aldo old it's not a trash pc, it has i7 2600k, and gtx 760. The GPU ain't aint that good, but the CPU is still rock solid years later.

Dekim said:
 it has i7 2600k, and gtx 760. The GPU ain't aint that good, but the CPU is still rock solid years later.

I'm sorry i have no clue wtf that means. you don't have to explain it if you don't want to, i should probably just do my research so I'm not so clueless. thanks for the info though. i actually want to try pc and just didn't know if it was worth it

uglylifematters said:
I'm sorry i have no clue wtf that means. you don't have to explain it if you don't want to, i should probably just do my research so I'm not so clueless. thanks for the info though. i actually want to try pc and just didn't know if it was worth it

If you have no idea what you are doing, just get a prebuild PC. Something like this https://www.game.es/ORDENADORES/SOBREMESA/PC-HARDWARE/CORSAIR-BULLDOG-W-VR-I5-6400-GTX-1060-8GB-1TB-HDD-240GB-SSD-W10/132410

Aldo, id recomend you to go for 16 gigs of ram.

play pc if you want to play online games.

play console (i suggest ps4 for the exlcusive jrpgs) if you want to play single player games

uglylifematters said:
I'm sorry i have no clue wtf that means. 

Yeah me neither

Dekim said:
If you have no idea what you are doing, just get a prebuild PC. Something like this https://www.game.es/ORDENADORES/SOBREMESA/PC-HARDWARE/CORSAIR-BULLDOG-W-VR-I5-6400-GTX-1060-8GB-1TB-HDD-240GB-SSD-W10/132410

Aldo, id recomend you to go for 16 gigs of ram.

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Performance-Computer-Barebones-CS-9000001-NA/dp/B01F5LX59Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518488295&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Corsair+Bulldog+W+VR+-+i5-6400+-+GTX+1060+-+8GB+-+1TB+HDD+%2B+240GB+SSD+-+W10

is that and this the same thing

Raiden said:
play pc if you want to play online games.

play console (i suggest ps4 for the exlcusive jrpgs) if you want to play single player games

i was thinking about pc because i want to be able to get the sick mods i see people with on pc

feast your eyes
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWunBBlNSc[/video]

uglylifematters said:
 https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Performance-Computer-Barebones-CS-9000001-NA/dp/B01F5LX59Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518488295&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Corsair+Bulldog+W+VR+-+i5-6400+-+GTX+1060+-+8GB+-+1TB+HDD+%2B+240GB+SSD+-+W10

Nah, thats just the box with coolers, mini motherboard and power supply. I just checked newegg and the similar models in US cost about twice as much or even more lol.

OTaKu_WarrIOr_N said:
uglylifematters said:
I'm sorry i have no clue wtf that means.
Yeah me neither

glad I'm not the only one confused lol for a second i thought i was retarded

Dekim said:
Nah, thats just the box with coolers, mini motherboard and power supply. I just checked newegg and the similar models in US cost about twice as much or even more lol.

jesus Christ so its in the thousands??

uglylifematters said:

i was thinking about pc because i want to be able to get the sick mods i see people with on pc

feast your eyes
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWunBBlNSc[/video]

that looks amazing, never tried skyrim but i think i might pick it up. i guess pc is better for those action rpg games like skyrim, witcher and fallout. 

i have a pc but don't have a ps4 yet, and i think i'm going to pick one up. If you are into customizing/maxing out your system go for PC i guess, if you just want something simple then there is always ps4 and stick with that. but remember graphics != fun. I spent around 3k on my pc + peripherals and didn't really have anything fun to play (i mostly played league of legends) because most of my favourite games were on ps4 (jrpgs), and all the ports that came to pc ended up being complete shit or take way too long (ffxv).

uglylifematters said:
jesus Christ so its in the thousands??

https://www.amazon.com/GR8-II-6GT024Z-Desktop-i7-7700-GeForce/dp/B075LD98X7/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1518489061&sr=1-2&keywords=asus+rog+desktop

This is has a prety good price, and will last you years.

Raiden said:
that looks amazing, never tried skyrim but i think i might pick it up. i guess pc is better for those action rpg games like skyrim, witcher and fallout. 

i have a pc but don't have a ps4 yet, and i think i'm going to pick one up. If you are into customizing/maxing out your system go for PC i guess, if you just want something simple then there is always ps4 and stick with that. but remember graphics != fun. I spent around 3k on my pc + peripherals and didn't really have anything fun to play (i mostly played league of legends) because most of my favourite games were on ps4 (jrpgs), and all the ports that came to pc ended up being complete shit  or take way too long (ffxv).

man, that's actually something to think about.

i guess its a "grass is always greener" scenario. i have a ps4 and want an expensive pc, and you have an expensive pc and want a ps4. lol weird 

after hearing that idk what to do. i hear so many pc players talk about the "pc master race" and stuff, and how pc is so much better. decisions decisions

Dekim said:
https://www.amazon.com/GR8-II-6GT024Z-Desktop-i7-7700-GeForce/dp/B075LD98X7/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1518489061&sr=1-2&keywords=asus+rog+desktop

This is has a prety good price, and will last you years.

if you had to guess, how many years?

uglylifematters said:
if you had to guess, how many years?

3-4 atleast

pc is technically the best, but lately looking at my 400 games on steam has been a nice reminder of how much I ldar