Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is luck man-made?

wasted12years

wasted12years

Overlord
★★★★★
The thing called luck. Is it man-made? If a caveman where to find an injured deer in nature who couldn't run away, was it really luck? If you win the lottery, is luck involved? Or is the whole luck thing completely man-made? If you were born with Chad genetics, was it really luck? Or did it have something to do with your ancestors?

I don't think real randomness and therefore also luck even exists. One could say, everything in this world has a logical explanation or reason behind it. Im not completely sure though

I don't think real randomness and therefore also luck even exists. One could say, everything in this world has a logical explanation or reason behind it. Im not completely sure though
I think it's more so coincidence than luck.

insofar as it's beyond your predictive capabilities, does it really matter whether its truly random or merely de facto so?
I think it's more so coincidence than luck.
does it really matter whether you call it coincidence, happenstance, serendipity or luck? fundamentally they all refer to the same phenomenon, no?

insofar as it's beyond your predictive capabilities, does it really matter whether its truly random or merely de facto so?
I do think that a lot of things we call random could be technically explained as not trully random in a sense, its just that most of us lack the capacity to do so. So yes in conclusion it doesn't really matter for the most part

muh manmade no such thing in neyture eat raw meat you slave

muh manmade no such thing in neyture eat raw meat you slave
Screenshot 20240825 223911 Telegram

luck b part of the universe peepz thinks. cause radio active dekay when they studies this they found it b completely random. we know half lifes n shit but this are average decay time and we dont know when each neutron actually going to be released. either it random or it determined and we dont know how it work yet but it look random

The thing called luck. Is it man-made? If a caveman where to find an injured deer in nature who couldn't run away, was it really luck? If you win the lottery, is luck involved? Or is the whole luck thing completely man-made? If you were born with Chad genetics, was it really luck? Or did it have something to do with your ancestors?
Luck is just a situation which is useful to you when you obviously were facing the odds which were against you. Its convenience in a place where it should normally not be. Is all.

Determinism

Good question. I like to think our perception of luck is more reflective of how someone lives their life. If you're someone with morals and a healthy social/work life, it's inevitable that "lucky" things will happen to you as a result of your good life. On the other hand, losers hate self reflection and would rather point their finger at being "unlucky" rather than confronting their toxic life. Idk I think we tend to inject luck into situations that were otherwise avoidable

Some argue that it is man made. Luck is not mathematically defined. I'd argue that luck is experiential. Countless probabilistic events happen every second, much of it with events that nobody experiences, like asteroids crashing into planets and destroying them far out in space, but we don't say, "damn, that planet is really unlucky," or, "that was very unlucky for the planet."

Some argue that it is man made. Luck is not mathematically defined. I'd argue that luck is experiential. Countless probabilistic events happen every second, much of it with events that nobody experiences, like asteroids crashing into planets and destroying them far out in space, but we don't say, "damn, that planet is really unlucky," or, "that was very unlucky for the planet."
That's a good take

Luck is others finishing halfway the job for you. Good examples are when someone gets the best genes from his parents. Someone would call that a luck, but truth is that father lived healthy before impregnating mom, and mom took care what was she doing during pregnancy. No luck, no coincidences.

Luck is others finishing halfway the job for you. Good examples are when someone gets the best genes from his parents. Someone would call that a luck, but truth is that father lived healthy before impregnating mom, and mom took care what was she doing during pregnancy. No luck, no coincidences.
Pretty much in the game rust it's like this too . Someone else farms for you and you kill them and take it. That's lucky.

Good question. I like to think our perception of luck is more reflective of how someone lives their life. If you're someone with morals and a healthy social/work life, it's inevitable that "lucky" things will happen to you as a result of your good life. On the other hand, losers hate self reflection and would rather point their finger at being "unlucky" rather than confronting their toxic life. Idk I think we tend to inject luck into situations that were otherwise avoidable
This is stupid you think normies earn and deserve their good things because they fit in the mold of.society and the rest of us are to blame for our own circumstances

I knew a babyface manlet cocaine dealer that never lost at poker...