Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope is it possible to do 10 pull-ups and 25 push-ups in one month?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23450
  • Start date
Deleted member 23450

Deleted member 23450

Do not disturb when I close my eyes
-
well, I need some help from gymcels.
I'm a very sedentary person, but somehow I'm at the last stage of army's selection and I decided to practice calisthenics, I just wanted to know if it's possible to do 10 pull-ups and 25 push-ups in a month.
I can only do 2 pull-ups and 10 push-ups :feelscry:
I'm training for 2 days and my hands are totally destroyed with calluses and I can barely move my arms
any tip?

1) how much do you weight, and what is your height
2) 25 pushups could be possible but going from 2 pullups to 10 seems very unlikely in a month, but you never know

1) how much do you weight, and what is your height
2) 25 pushups could be possible but going from 2 pullups to 10 seems very unlikely in a month, but you never know
62kg 5.61 ft

Pushups are easy, anyone who's not a complete fatass should be able to do 25 pushups in one set after a couple months of upper body workouts.

Pullups are wayyyy harder, I am in pretty decent shape and I can only do like 4 or 5 tops in one set before I am totally gassed.

Over for weakcels... in all seriousness, start benching, fastest way to build your upper body strength. Throw in some core exercises for good measure while you’re at it

62kg 5'61 feet
you are quite light, you can achieve the pushups, since you only have a month, do pushups every day, as many as you can tbh, not like they are hard to recover from
for the pullups, how strict your form has to be? can you get away with using a lot of momentum, using your legs etc? if so it's doable, if not, i dont think its possible

25 Pushups isn't that bad at all. I used to only be able to do 10 a day, I eventually managed to do enough training to do 100 a day, (5 sets of 20), 4 sets of 25 wouldn't be that bad either.

Just got back into doing my routine recently, not gonna lie took a 2 week break after I got fired because I felt like shit, but I have a track record of working out for several months straight I doubt 2 weeks is gonna fuck me up too badly.

for the pullups, how strict your form has to be?
I guess I need to do at least 15 push-ups, 3 pull-ups and 2,6km in 12 minutes...
but if I do more than the others I'll probably join there easier...
can you get away with using a lot of momentum, using your legs etc?
Nop

Last edited:
I guess I need to do at least 15 push-ups, 3 pull-ups and 2,6km in 12 minutes...
but if I do more than the others I'll probably join there easier...
if those are the requirements it is easily doable, pushup and pullups I mean, I dont run so can't comment on that
train everyday, eat extra protein and sleep a lot, you shout get there even if you have trash genetics
10 pull ups on the other hand are near impossible

10 pull ups on the other hand are near impossible
Yeah, I think I exagerated a little bit...
I'm a little bit concerned because it'll have a lot of people there that are volunteers, but I think that at least 20% of them are going to give up and 10% are going to fail on the exercises so I need to be fit until there...

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I exagerated a little bit...
I'm a little bit concerned because it'll have a lot of people there that are voluntaries, but I think that at least 20% of them are going to give up and 10% are going to fail on the exercises so I need to be fit until there...
good luck brocel, if you train hard for a month you'll get there :feelsrope:
and after this is over, consider joining a gym, even after 8 years, gymcelling is still a good cope tbhnglsrs

I dont even know if I can do 25 pushups. Havent done them in years.

and after this is over, consider joining a gym, even after 8 years, gymcelling is still a good cope tbhnglsrs
I tried once and didn't like it.
I don't feel comfortable in the gym
tbh I'm really enjoying calisthenics...
good luck brocel, if you train hard for a month you'll get there :feelsrope:
Thx
Pullups are wayyyy harder, I am in pretty decent shape and I can only do like 4 or 5 tops in one set before I am totally gassed.
Wow, I'm really scared about the pull-ups.
what do you do with the calluses?
I have some small calluses that doesn't hurt yet, but I don't know if my skin is gonna rip during the training.
how do you deal with it?

Last edited:
Cut weight and binge on protein.
When the time to do the lifting comes eat a lot of carb high food for energy and pray to buddah

I have some small calluses that doesn't hurt yet, but I don't know if my skin is gonna rip during the training.
how do you deal with it?
I don't think there is an effective solution for it tbh, I had calluses for so long I feel like I had them since I was born. I tried various creams, removing them manually, only a temporary solution
Your skin wouldn't rip off unless you grip the bar improperly

If you are over 20 and can't do 25 pushups it's over.

25 Pushups isn't that bad at all. I used to only be able to do 10 a day, I eventually managed to do enough training to do 100 a day, (5 sets of 20), 4 sets of 25 wouldn't be that bad either.

Just got back into doing my routine recently, not gonna lie took a 2 week break after I got fired because I felt like shit, but I have a track record of working out for several months straight I doubt 2 weeks is gonna fuck me up too badly.
Do you do any bench press

yea its definitely possible, do sets of 10 throughout the day and increase the amount periodically

Cut weight and binge on protein.
When the time to do the lifting comes eat a lot of carb high food for energy and pray to buddah
I will :feelsokman:

I don't think there is an effective solution for it tbh, I had calluses for so long I feel like I had them since I was born. I tried various creams, removing them manually, only a temporary solution
Your skin wouldn't rip off unless you grip the bar improperly
I'll try to change it...

If you are over 20 and can't do 25 pushups it's over.
I just play cs go, watch some animes and sleep:feelscry:
It never began!
yea its definitely possible, do sets of 10 throughout the day and increase the amount periodically
I'm doing it right know literally.:feelsokman:

I'm a very sedentary person, but somehow I'm at the last stage of army's selection and I decided to practice calisthenics, I just wanted to know if it's possible to do 10 pull-ups and 25 push-ups in a month.
I'm training for 2 days and my hands are totally destroyed with calluses and I can barely move my arms
any tip?
You can get the pushups for sure. Learn how to bench press and train for strength. So low reps ~ 5 each set @ 65-75% of your 1RM. Do about four or five sets + take long breaks in between the sets (3-5 minutes)

As far as the pull-ups...it might be over for you. But there’s hope. The best way to increase the amount of pull-ups you can do is to buy a pull-up bar or find somewhere you can do pull-ups and do 2-3 of them at any given time throughout your rest days, maybe around 3 times.

When you’re in the gym throw in a compound back exercise like a barbell row, pendlay row etc. & follow the same structure you do for bench.

If I was in your shoes I would design a simple workout routine + do it three times a week, with a rest day between each day e.g. Mon,Wed,Friday: Pull-ups (8RepsX3Sets) BenchPress (5SetsX5Reps), Pendlay Rows (5x5)

Progression: To start with do as many pull-ups as you can, takeaway one from that number + that’s the amount of pull-ups you should do in a working set, till you can comfortably rep out 8. Every new week add one pull-up to the number of pull-ups you’re doing for working sets.

As for bench + Rows, find a weight you can comfortably rep 5 times, but make sure it’s still heavy enough for you to have to put in effort. Once you gauge what weight you’re working sets are at, add a microplate (smallest weight plates, usually ~1.25kg) to each side every new week.

Most importantly though use a macro counter, like MyFitnessPal until you know how much food you need to eat to grow & don’t overtrain. 3-4 times a week @ the gym is more than enough to start. Don’t bother with eating healthy either, your newbie gains may save you if you have not trained before, so eat like a pig & clear every and anything in your kitchen. The most important part is food & rest. Missing a meal is worse than missing a gym day.

I hope this helps OP. Personally I don’t think you’re gonna do it. 10 pull-ups is an astronomical jump in strength from 2 but if you only train upper body + stay lean, ur newbie gains might carry you.

I will :feelsokman:

I'll try to change it...

I just play cs go, watch some animes and sleep:feelscry:
It never began!

I'm doing it right know literally.:feelsokman:
Playing csgo in 2020 is honestly the most concerning thing you've said so far

how do you deal with it?
Only way to deal with calluses is to just keep lifting. The skin will probably rip off @ some point & it will grow back tougher, just take some tissues with you. Everyone @ the gym had to deal with painful hands @ the start.

I can do it in 5 minutes lol

You can get the pushups for sure. Learn how to bench press and train for strength. So low reps ~ 5 each set @ 65-75% of your 1RM. Do about four or five sets + take long breaks in between the sets (3-5 minutes)

As far as the pull-ups...it might be over for you. But there’s hope. The best way to increase the amount of pull-ups you can do is to buy a pull-up bar or find somewhere you can do pull-ups and do 2-3 of them at any given time throughout your rest days, maybe around 3 times.

When you’re in the gym throw in a compound back exercise like a barbell row, pendlay row etc. & follow the same structure you do for bench.

If I was in your shoes I would design a simple workout routine + do it three times a week, with a rest day between each day e.g. Mon,Wed,Friday: Pull-ups (8RepsX3Sets) BenchPress (5SetsX5Reps), Pendlay Rows (5x5)

Progression: To start with do as many pull-ups as you can, takeaway one from that number + that’s the amount of pull-ups you should do in a working set, till you can comfortably rep out 8. Every new week add one pull-up to the number of pull-ups you’re doing for working sets.

As for bench + Rows, find a weight you can comfortably rep 5 times, but make sure it’s still heavy enough for you to have to put in effort. Once you gauge what weight you’re working sets are at, add a microplate (smallest weight plates, usually ~1.25kg) to each side every new week.

Most importantly though use a macro counter, like MyFitnessPal until you know how much food you need to eat to grow & don’t overtrain. 3-4 times a week @ the gym is more than enough to start. Don’t bother with eating healthy either, your newbie gains may save you if you have not trained before, so eat like a pig & clear every and anything in your kitchen. The most important part is food & rest. Missing a meal is worse than missing a gym day.

I hope this helps OP. Personally I don’t think you’re gonna do it. 10 pull-ups is an astronomical jump in strength from 2 but if you only train upper body + stay lean, ur newbie gains might carry you.
I didn't join the gym.
I'm doing calisthenics and there is a park near my house and it has 3 bars. A small one, a medium one and a large one.
When I get tired at the large one by doing pull-ups, I go to the medium one and I try to do some negative pull-ups and when I get tired I go to the smallest one and I do some australian pull-ups...

so eat like a pig & clear every and anything in your kitchen.
Seriously?:feelsohh:
Playing csgo in 2020 is honestly the most concerning thing you've said so far
tbh I hate this game, but I don't have anything more interesting to do and I just wanted to get supreme master to uninstall this shit...
this game isn't even funny anymore, but it's the only game that I'm really good...

Last edited:
I didn't join the gym.
I'm doing calisthenics and there is a park near my house and it has 3 bars. A small one, a medium one and a large one.
When I get tired at the large one by doing pull-ups, I go to the medium one and I try to do some negative pull-ups and when I get tired I go to the smallest one and I do some australian pull-ups...

Seriously?:feelsohh:

Oh, well I can’t tel you too much about callisthenics since I’m a gymcel lol, but when I was 18 I did StartingStrength which is similar to what I described, but for full body + my record was 12 pull-ups at 92kg, it took around 4-5 months. But as far as the nutrition aspect yes eat everything. ‘Clean bulk’ is a meme for newb lifters. The 1st 6 months of training you do is like a magic period where everything you eat turns to muscles + if you want as much strength as possible eat EVERYTHING.

Damn boyo, that’s rough
I’m a twink too so I understand

No, I don't do any weightlifting. Just cardio, pushups, squats, and situps.
@LastGerman is the weight lifting Olympic, @Nothingness lifts weights every day

any tip?
Omg ....what is problem with that? Is it so hard lol

Oh, well I can’t tel you too much about callisthenics since I’m a gymcel lol, but when I was 18 I did StartingStrength which is similar to what I described, but for full body + my record was 12 pull-ups at 92kg, it took around 4-5 months. But as far as the nutrition aspect yes eat everything. ‘Clean bulk’ is a meme for newb lifters. The 1st 6 months of training you do is like a magic period where everything you eat turns to muscles + if you want as much strength as possible eat EVERYTHING.
but if I eat everything it would be a "Dirty bulking", wouldn't? it's interesting... tbh I'll try it...
I didn't know about this
thx

Push ups are really easy to improve. Just start with 10 a day and add one more eveyday

It took me 3 months to go from 0 pull-ups to 10 or so in 3 months, I'm also lighter than you.
I think you might be able to achieve it I'm not sure...

It took me 3 months to go from 0 pull-ups to 10 or so in 3 months, I'm also lighter than you.
I think you might be able to achieve it I'm not sure...
I exagerated a little bit...
If I do 5 clean pull-ups i'd be grateful

but if I eat everything it would be a "Dirty bulking", wouldn't? it's interesting... tbh I'll try it...
I didn't know about this
thx
If you’re worried about getting fat, it depends on how much of a calorie surplus you are eating as to whether you get bloatmaxxxed. If you do regular cardio + training, it will burn most of the energy you consume.

I tell newbie lifters to eat as much as they can, cause most don’t have a big enough appetite to gain significant muscle in the 1st place. I wouldn’t recommend ‘dirty bulk’ for more than a month or two, but I understand it’s tough to go from 3 small meals a day to 5 large meals. So the 1st few months or two eat whatever is in your way, just make sure you count your macros and are eating enough to grow. ‘Clean bulk’ isn’t nearly as fun as it sounds, you have to meal-prep, do loads of cardio + ur strength goes up super slow because you can’t eat a large surplus of calories. NewbGainMaxxx is legit.

Everything is possible when you sport a fresh haircut, shower daily and respect women!

If you’re worried about getting fat, it depends on how much of a calorie surplus you are eating as to whether you get bloatmaxxxed. If you do regular cardio + training, it will burn most of the energy you consume.

I tell newbie lifters to eat as much as they can, cause most don’t have a big enough appetite to gain significant muscle in the 1st place. I wouldn’t recommend ‘dirty bulk’ for more than a month or two, but I understand it’s tough to go from 3 small meals a day to 5 large meals. So the 1st few months or two eat whatever is in your way, just make sure you count your macros and are eating enough to grow. ‘Clean bulk’ isn’t nearly as fun as it sounds, you have to meal-prep, do loads of cardio + ur strength goes up super slow because you can’t eat a large surplus of calories. NewbGainMaxxx is legit.
I'm a little bit concerned about the dirty bulking because they'll measure my blood pressure and I might be disapproved.

so I'll just try to eat healthy food.

Last edited:
I'm biased here since for whatever reason, I'm much worse at pullups than most in that I progress at a much slower rate, but putting that aside as much as I can, I'd say if you're only doing 2 pullups, you could probably add about one more a week, so it would take you eight weeks to do 10 pullups. That's if you don't suck like I do. If you're genetic trash in the back, you'll need at least six months.

I'm biased here since for whatever reason, I'm much worse at pullups than most in that I progress at a much slower rate, but putting that aside as much as I can, I'd say if you're only doing 2 pullups, you could probably add about one more a week, so it would take you eight weeks to do 10 pullups. That's if you don't suck like I do. If you're genetic trash in the back, you'll need at least six months.
Yeah, now I know that 10 pull-ups is impossible in one month xD
I'll try to do at least 6 clean pull-ups until february
it will be hard as fuck, but I'll buy some super band to help with the exercises...

Yeah, now I know that 10 pull-ups is impossible in one month xD
I'll try to do at least 6 clean pull-ups until february
it will be hard as fuck, but I'll buy some super band to help with the exercises...
Here's what you do

First, do as many pullups as you can. If it's below ten, jump up to the top part of the movement and descend slowly (three seconds minimum) as many times as it takes to make up the pullups you missed. Those are called negative pullups. So if you could only do 2 full pullups, do 8 negative pullups. Do three sets of that a day with 2-4 minutes between each set, three times a week with one or two days off between training days, until you can do 10 full pullups for all 3 sets. By the time you can do that, you should really be able to do 11 or 12 in a row since it's impossible to max out across three sets at the same rep number.

Here's what you do

First, do as many pullups as you can. If it's below ten, jump up to the top part of the movement and descend slowly (three seconds minimum) as many times as it takes to make up the pullups you missed. Those are called negative pullups. So if you could only do 2 full pullups, do 8 negative pullups. Do three sets of that a day with 2-4 minutes between each set, three times a week with one or two days off between training days, until you can do 10 full pullups for all 3 sets. By the time you can do that, you should really be able to do 11 or 12 in a row since it's impossible to max out across three sets at the same rep number.
Ok, I will try to do this.
Thanks

any tip?

Keep working...

I can't do a pull up but I can do 100 push ups. Lol

Pull ups should be significantly harder to do than push ups, I can't really do any pull ups but I can do 25 push ups easy. 10 pull ups is something most people wont be able to do even after a year of training...

Try grease the groove, but dont do it to the point of injury.