Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is it normal to not feel your chest when doing bench press

Blackboy.Belgrade

Blackboy.Belgrade

Blackcel, working on ascending
★★★★★
I can feel my other muscles when I'm lifting but I can't feel my chest muscles.

They are sore asf rn so I think I hit them but I can't feel it while I'm doing the lifts.

Is this normal?

@KING NOTHING @VideoGameCoper @gymcellragefuel @FuckTheFBI @Michael15651

I am too scared of being crushed to death to do bench press

They are sore asf rn so I think I hit them but I can't feel it while I'm doing the lifts.

Is this normal?

Yeah, happens to me too sometimes. Try dumbbells. They will hit your chest muscles more. Also, make sure you are not rounding shoulders forward during the lift.

Yeah but it does activate your chest very well, I usually do close grip with incline bench

Oh shit that's probably it.

Thanks
No problem. Also, benching with rounded shoulders is an instant ticket to shoulder impingement or other injury. Btw, how much weight you benching per dumbbell? No need to exaggerate. I bench the 45s usually

No problem. Also, benching with rounded shoulders is an instant ticket to shoulder impingement or other injury. Btw, how much weight you benching per dumbbell? No need to exaggerate. I bench the 45s usually
Mogger.

17lb is the most I can put for both dumbbells to be even weight

I'm also a weak ass nigga so they're good for me lol

Is this normal?

Try to do close grip, it trains your arms too. Used to be my favourite exercise when I was gymcelling

Mogger.

17lb is the most I can put for both dumbbells to be even weight

I'm also a weak ass nigga so they're good for me lol
Are you serious? Only 17 pound dumbbells while you weigh like 200? ☠️ Anyway, if that’s all you can do, that’s ok and don’t ego lift. Take your time. Don’t do any weights you can’t get 8 or more repetitions with. How many reps did you get with the 17 pounders btw? I didn’t even know they made 17 pounders. Usually it goes in increments of 5 or 2.5

Are you serious? Only 17 pound dumbbells while you weigh like 200? ☠️ Anyway, if that’s all you can do, that’s ok and don’t ego lift. Take your time. Don’t do any weights you can’t get 8 or more repetitions with. How many reps did you get with the 17 pounders btw? I didn’t even know they made 17 pounders. Usually it goes in increments of 5 or 2.5
I got 10 for the first 3 then only 8 on the last.

For each dumbbell there are 2 6lb and 2 2.5 lb

I got 10 for the first 3 then only 8 on the last.

For each dumbbell there are 2 6lb and 2 2.5 lb
Ok. Glad you are taking my advice and not lifting heavier than 8 reps. I know it sucks to only be lifting that, but it’s better than an injury. Trust me. Don’t get joint problems like me as they never go away

When I started gym the only places I would feel any exercise was my arms for the first few weeks

Completely normal, keep at it bro

Most muscle groups I couldn’t feel (unless it was arms or legs) but I knew it was working because I had a pump afterwards and was growing

Dumbell flyes with dumbbell press grew my chest the most… also cable chest press will give you a nasty pump as a finisher

You’re new it will take a while for your chest and back muscles to activate.
Think about it, you’ve literally never used them before especially not with weights, so naturally your body will let your arms take most of the tension. But as you keep practicing with proper form you’ll start feeling them more and more.
Consistency is King.

You’re new it will take a while for your chest and back muscles to activate.
Think about it, you’ve literally never used them before especially not with weights, so naturally your body will let your arms take most of the tension. But as you keep practicing with proper form you’ll start feeling them more and more.
Consistency is King.
Makes sense.

Thx

If your doing the barbell bench press do it paused more or almost exclusively paused bench. It is safer for shoulder joint, you will feel more muscul contraction & soreness, and get more out of less weight. Than your usually touch & go method.

learn scapula retraction and how to arch your back, and think about pushing with your lats
i just use bench press machine for less messing around with plates, 1-2 heavy sets murder my chest