Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is it just me, or is getting crazier in here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21504
  • Start date
Deleted member 21504

Deleted member 21504

Welcome to 2019, try not to kill yourself.
-
I believe that the aggregate "mood" of the forum have moved from a more based, light-hearted joke/support/vent/rage forum to more of a gatekeeping/infighting/reddit-styled forum.

It's a shift I've felt during my extensive time here. Not a big deal, I just wanted to see if others have felt the same.

this forum died a long time ago, 2017 were the times man

I've not been here for very long but most of the threads I take part in are usually insightful and good quality. If you see something that is low quality then it's your choice weather or not to interact with it or not.

Gatekeeping forms a feedback loop, so I'm not surprised things have been tending toward the more juvenile and angsty posting style.

Gatekeeping forms a feedback loop, so I'm not surprised things have been tending toward the more juvenile and angsty posting style.
Explain further pls, you're on to something here.

Explain further pls, you're on to something here.
It wears down the population of non-retarded posters, and as the non-retard population erodes, non-retarded people will be less inclined to join and replenish the ranks.

The conversations I'm interested in are basically discussions of being an incel--the struggle, the psychology, etc.--and analysis of social trends. But I see more and more of HEY DON'T ALL WOMEN FUCKING SUCK IN THE EXACT SAME WAY and HEY DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT BEING UGLY NEGATES ALL MORALITY-type stuff (i.e. threads promoting cruelty to others), and no one can engage with challenges to their views.

It wears down the population of non-retarded posters, and as the non-retard population erodes, non-retarded people will be less inclined to join and replenish the ranks.

The conversations I'm interested in are basically discussions of being an incel--the struggle, the psychology, etc.--and analysis of social trends. But I see more and more of HEY DON'T ALL WOMEN FUCKING SUCK IN THE EXACT SAME WAY and HEY DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT BEING UGLY NEGATES ALL MORALITY-type stuff (i.e. threads promoting cruelty to others), and no one can engage with challenges to their views.
I honestly think that the glorification of postmaxxing is at fault, here.

Every place which has ton of men will become competitive at some point. You can thank woman for that

I honestly think that the glorification of postmaxxing is at fault, here.
I have a lot of people blocked so I don't have a good sense of what waste-posters are up to.

I think it's a consequence of the forum being mostly populated by teenagers. I'm 30 so I'm not so turned on by yelling and screaming and posturing anymore, and my posts mostly reflect how I am irl--but being anything short of cartoonish on here gets interpreted as being a fake or being a wimp.
Every place which has ton of men will become competitive at some point. You can thank woman for that
Which is why prisons are so egalitarian and peaceful--no women!

I have a lot of people blocked so I don't have a good sense of what waste-posters are up to.

I think it's a consequence of the forum being mostly populated by teenagers. I'm 30 so I'm not so turned on by yelling and screaming and posturing anymore, and my posts mostly reflect how I am irl--but being anything short of cartoonish on here gets interpreted as being a fake or being a wimp.

Which is why prisons are so egalitarian and peaceful--no women!
I mix it up: some real posts, some roasting, some feels, some jokes, etc.

based, light-hearted joke/support/vent/rage forum
You started posting when the braincels refugees appeared, thats why the forum was full of memes back then, but they are now gone and the forum is back to normal like it should be

You started posting when the braincels refugees appeared, thats why the forum was full of memes back then, but they are now gone and the forum is back to normal like it should be
Good eye bro

This forum died may 2018

I believe that the aggregate "mood" of the forum have moved from a more based, light-hearted joke/support/vent/rage forum to more of a gatekeeping/infighting/reddit-styled forum.
It's because more people are joining. The more people discover something, the more diluted they make it. I can't tell you how many bluepilled posts I've seen since the braincels joined. I had 2 greycels argue with me that looks didn't matter. The increased attacks from the media has caused the mods to be even more strict in their moderation (not that I blame them).
Joined October 2019
He lurked for 2 years

this forum is a pile of steamy shit but it was a decent cope when i was at college (2018)

I dont care anymore, im here to post out of habit. Im trying to cope with video games more since everything died months ago.

I think it's because we used to post so much about those topics that it doesn't make sense to do it anymore.

People are starting to notice

JoinedOct 4, 2019