Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious is it just me or do people say "bro" or "bruh" way more often nowadays than they used to (OLDCELS GTFIH)

the "gym bro style" aesthetic, posters who always respond to posts with "dyel?", "ngmi", "were all gonna make it" and other zyzz quotes
quite annoying tbh
I Don’t remember seeing that stuff on here (although maybe I have read the last quote. I faintly remember it.)

The term "man" "dude" probably came from white teen, "bruh" and "fam" are from niggers, which bodybuilders adapted to simply "bro".

The term "man" "dude" probably came from white teen, "bruh" and "fam" are from niggers, which bodybuilders adapted to simply "bro".
I think bro came from blacks

I don’t think all bodybuilders say bro. Just the chad ones. Those aggressive hypermasculine angry ones probably don’t say it (70% chance they don’t say it)

before the 2010s, people always used to say "dude" or "man". i'll admit in the 90s/2000s saying "bro" was already common but not as common as it is nowadays. back then, people said "bro" once in a while while usually saying man or dude. now they say "bro" every 5 seconds these days. now they only say dude or man only like 10% of the time. sometimes i hear people say bro in every sentence or they begin a sentence with "bruh".

based on the research i could do, it seems bro became more commonly used 10 years ago, in the year 2010, and i think bruh became popular in 2014. i think memes from 10 years ago like "u mad bro", "come at me bro" and "cool story bro" made "bro" much more commonly used. (those phrases/memes are no longer relevant anymore. nobody says u mad or cool story or come at me anymore unlike back in the early 2010s).

@Robtical @Emba @Sexdoll Pioneer @Bangkok or bust @Personalityinkwell @Alone75 and anyone else over 25, when did bro become a popular word and when did it start to be used super often like nowadays?
Bro used to be a meme for surfer dudes in california back in the 90s. Now it seems like a mainstream greeting.

bro bruh brah

normies will be normies

You know dude - you are spot on in this observation.

It's weird how things sneak up on you and how "bro" or "bruh" is pretty much common usage.

When I was a young man back in the 90's we mainly used "man" which transitioned more to "dude" in the 00's. Now "bruh" really does seem to have come out of nowhere in the last 5-10 years.

You know dude - you are spot on in this observation.

It's weird how things sneak up on you and how "bro" or "bruh" is pretty much common usage.

When I was a young man back in the 90's we mainly used "man" which transitioned more to "dude" in the 00's. Now "bruh" really does seem to have come out of nowhere in the last 5-10 years.
Exactly. I sometimes see people like bro like every 5 seconds. Back then, people said bro once in a while but said man or dude far more often. Now they say bro almost exclusively

based on the research i could do, it seems bro became more commonly used 10 years ago, in the year 2010, and i think bruh became popular in 2014. i think memes from 10 years ago like "u mad bro", "come at me bro" and "cool story bro" made "bro" much more commonly used. (those phrases/memes are no longer relevant anymore. nobody says u mad or cool story or come at me anymore unlike back in the early 2010s).

Yes, "dude" was more common than "bro" prior 2010.

Bro is more from black culture and dude and man is from surfer culture, i can only say for tv because i never hang out with people online. This is the only forum where im active member. In Serbia word "brate" is used which means brother and its fairly overused for as long im alive. Its used in kinda sleng, not like in asian culture.

Probably the result of social media. If enough people start a fad, it will spread like fire.
I think memes like u mad bro and come at me bro from 10 years ago is the reason

I got banned from 4chan even though I didn’t type anything
might be rangeban, where they ban a whole range of ip addresses because mods have sub 60 iq
also if you use a dynamic ip, simply reset the router to gain a new ip address to bypass the ban