Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious is it just me or do people say "bro" or "bruh" way more often nowadays than they used to (OLDCELS GTFIH)

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
before the 2010s, people always used to say "dude" or "man". i'll admit in the 90s/2000s saying "bro" was already common but not as common as it is nowadays. back then, people said "bro" once in a while while usually saying man or dude. now they say "bro" every 5 seconds these days. now they only say dude or man only like 10% of the time. sometimes i hear people say bro in every sentence or they begin a sentence with "bruh".

based on the research i could do, it seems bro became more commonly used 10 years ago, in the year 2010, and i think bruh became popular in 2014. i think memes from 10 years ago like "u mad bro", "come at me bro" and "cool story bro" made "bro" much more commonly used. (those phrases/memes are no longer relevant anymore. nobody says u mad or cool story or come at me anymore unlike back in the early 2010s).

@Robtical @Emba @Sexdoll Pioneer @Bangkok or bust @Personalityinkwell @Alone75 and anyone else over 25, when did bro become a popular word and when did it start to be used super often like nowadays?

before the 2010s, people always used to say "dude" or "man". i'll admit in the 90s/2000s saying "bro" was already common but not as common as it is nowadays. back then, people said "bro" once in a while while usually saying man or dude. now they say "bro" every 5 seconds these days. now they only say dude or man only like 10% of the time. sometimes i hear people say bro in every sentence or they begin a sentence with "bruh".

based on the research i could do, it seems bro became more commonly used 10 years ago, in the year 2010, and i think bruh became popular in 2014. i think memes from 10 years ago like "u mad bro", "come at me bro" and "cool story bro" made "bro" much more commonly used. (those phrases/memes are no longer relevant anymore. nobody says u mad or cool story or come at me anymore unlike back in the early 2010s).

@Robtical @Emba @Sexdoll Pioneer @Bangkok or bust @Personalityinkwell @Alone75 and anyone else over 25, when did bro become a popular word and when did it start to be used super often like nowadays?
I'm not tagged in this post but yeah younger people of all races say "bruh" a lot more unironically since like the mid 2010s.

Probably around 2010.

Screen Shot 2020 10 10 at 75633 PM

i never heard dude or man anymore
I still here it but "dude" is kind of an insulting way now to address weird ugly guys
"what you are doing dude?"
"wtf is wrong with you dude?"
"dude relax" "dude calm down"

if dude where's my car came out today it'd be called bro where's my car or bruh where's my car
Bro is better than dude imo. It just sounds more friendly.
Bruh is just another form of "bro" in rap and hip hop culture imo.

i still use man and dude more than bro

I still here it but "dude" is kind of an insulting way now to address weird ugly guys
"what you are doing dude?"
"wtf is wrong with you dude?"
"dude relax" "dude calm down"

Bro is better than dude imo. It just sounds more friendly.
Bruh is just another form of "bro" in rap and hip hop culture imo.
i really miss when people said dude or man instead of saying bro/bruh every 5 seconds

i really miss when people said dude or man instead of saying bro/bruh every 5 seconds
Sounds like personal preference. They all basically mean the same thing in the end

Sounds like personal preference. They all basically mean the same thing in the end
idk saying bruh sounds weird and sounds like someone who can't speak english

Aren't you like 22?

tfw not native so can't grasp minimal peculiarities of the language and ponder on them

Bros been popular since the mid 2000s at least. Bruh is rather new, at least among cringe white & mexican people who stole it from the blacks.
Bro has been said back in the 90s. Watch good burger or can’t hardly wait or that 2pac music video (can’t remember which one). But I think it was early 2010s when it really became widespread

Bro has been said back in the 90s. Watch good burger or can’t hardly wait or that 2pac music video (can’t remember which one). But I think it was early 2010s when it really became widespread
You could be right. Started when gym culture became ultra mainstream is what I might add, which was the very early 2010s like you said.

You could be right. Started when gym culture became ultra mainstream is what I might add, which was the very early 2010s like you said.
I thought bodybuilders existed for decades?

I thought bodybuilders existed for decades?
They literally started out as a fringe sport nobody in the mainstream took serious is what I thought. & remained so until the rise of social media.

They literally started out as a fringe sport nobody in the mainstream took serious is what I thought. & remained so until the rise of social media.
I think bodybuilding was common 20 or 30 years ago. You just see it more on social media

I didn't hang out a lot in English-speaking places on the internet that long ago because my English was still developing.

I didn't hang out a lot in English-speaking places on the internet that long ago because my English was still developing.
Did you speak Portuguese or Spanish?

How popular is sepultura in Brazil?
Not that popular tbh, I'd estimate it's more popular outside of Brazil tbh. But metal is a niche anyways. Metal songs never get feature in Billboard charts and shit like that.

brother/brudah. Then the bro/bruv/brah.

Not that popular tbh, I'd estimate it's more popular outside of Brazil tbh. But metal is a niche anyways. Metal songs never get feature in Billboard charts and shit like that.
Metal has been mainstream before. These bands are examples

metallica
White zombie
Rob zombie
Disturbed
Korn
System of a Down
Slipknot
Avenged sevenfold
Scorpions
Led Zeppelin
Deep purple
Twisted sister
Motley Crue
Skid row
Quiet riot
Ratt
Ozzy
Guns N’ Roses (some of their songs are metal)
Van Halen (some songs are metal)
Kiss (some songs are metal)
AC/DC (some songs are metal)
Tool
Helmet
Godsmack
Mudvayne
Drowning pool
Rammstein

Metal has been mainstream before. These bands are examples

metallica
White zombie
Rob zombie
Disturbed
Korn
System of a Down
Slipknot
Avenged sevenfold
Scorpions
Led Zeppelin
Deep purple
Twisted sister
Motley Crue
Skid row
Quiet riot
Ratt
Ozzy
Guns N’ Roses (some of their songs are metal)
Van Halen (some songs are metal)
Kiss (some songs are metal)
AC/DC (some songs are metal)
Tool
Helmet
Godsmack
Mudvayne
Drowning pool
Rammstein
Yeah, in the past, maybe here and there. Nowadays, definitely not. Not even "normal" rock songs are mainstream anymore.

Yeah, in the past, maybe here and there. Nowadays, definitely not. Not even "normal" rock songs are mainstream anymore.
In the past it was pretty common to see. All those bands played metal and became mainstream. The last time rock was mainstream was 2009

In the past it was pretty common to see. All those bands played metal and became mainstream. The last time rock was mainstream was 2009
2009? Which band? I'd say 2007 roughly with stuff like the Arctic Monkeys.

It's a sign of his return .lord BRAHma shall walk among us.

2009? Which band? I'd say 2007 roughly with stuff like the Arctic Monkeys.
2009 had a lot of popular rock music in America:

linkin park
Nickelback
Paramore
Boys like girls
All american rejects
Shinedown
Green day
Kings of Leon

2009 had a lot of popular rock music in America:

linkin park
Nickelback
Paramore
Boys like girls
All american rejects
Shinedown
Green day
Kings of Leon
Most of those bands were way older than 2009, but I see what you mean. They were still enjoying some mainstream success and featuring on top played charts and stuff like that.

I mentioned the Arctic Monkeys because they were pretty much the last new band to enjoy great success.

i say "bruh" whenever I have nothing to say in response

Most of those bands were way older than 2009, but I see what you mean. They were still enjoying some mainstream success and featuring on top played charts and stuff like that.

I mentioned the Arctic Monkeys because they were pretty much the last new band to enjoy great success.
I think rock lost its popularity because nowadays you have to promote yourself through social media and social media accounts owned by a group have less followers than social media accounts owned by a single individual. And also rock hasn’t changed much in the years and has become more generic and the media doesn’t promote rock anymore

back in the day You promoted yourself through radio and MTV