Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is it hard to find people who truly care about you?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I still care so much about all the amazing friends I had when I was younger but... I feel like they don't really care about me anymore. If they EVER cared about me as much as I did for them.

Maybe I'm just too soft and I got too attached to people.

I just wondered what other people's experiences were with things like this.

I think parents are the only people who care about you, due to their instincts. Everything else is transactional in some way or another

. If they EVER cared about me as much as I did for them.
Nope. They had far more attachments and relationships of the same kind than you did, losing you would mean they just move on to the rest of the social circle. :feelsjuice:

They moved on with girls and sex?

I still care so much about all the amazing friends I had when I was younger but... I feel like they don't really care about me anymore. If they EVER cared about me as much as I did for them.

Maybe I'm just too soft and I got too attached to people.

I just wondered what other people's experiences were with things like this.
Sorry bud people only care about you when you have the looks. If you're ugly no one loves you or cares about you.

There's a line in a movie called The World's End where the protagonist says about his teenage friends "I love the boys like brothers".

The thing is... most people reject that. They don't want you to care about them they don't want you to catch them if they fall they don't want ANY of that. And they don't value you more because they knew you during their formative years. They just... don't care.

To me that doesn't make sense. What's life all about if we don't value things from our past and what makes us who we are.

But that's just me. To them it's extraneous and I'm just overly sentimental I guess.

Maybe I should simply try to find new people who do value me more. But wow if it didn't work that time I find it hard to believe it will next time which is why I wonder if most people just don't care much about others full stop. Other than possibly immediate family.

Yes, parents or death really

you can only find real friends while you are still young, people will care about you if they have known you for a long time, once you are older it's expected that you have already formed a friend group and developed social connections.

No one cares about you lol

I care about u

I think parents are the only people who care about you, due to their instincts. Everything else is transactional in some way or another
This. I would extend this to other family members if you're close. My mom and my sister are the only people in the whole world who give a shit if I live or die. Romantic love is most likely an illusion. If you did have a girlfriend she'd only be with you for what you can provide, not for who you are. I think men are capable of loving women but I don't think women are capable of loving men other than their sons.