Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is ignorance bliss?

Deleted member 195

Deleted member 195

Self-banned
-
I remember a time where I was completely ignorant to all the problems that surrounded me. That's when I was the happiest I guess. I didn't care how people felt about me, I didn't worry about these problems beyond my control, I just focused on the things that I loved and cherished.

Now, it's an entirely different story. I don't know why, but I started to develop the urge to seek out the opinions of others for the things I enjoyed to get a "general consensus" for whatever it was. It was never positive. This led me into completely changing my behavior and my view of people as a whole.

People always told me to "change your way of thinking" if I got overly negative, but that's easier said than done of course. What if the negative perception of yourself or the world is influenced by "facts"? What are you supposed to do then? Is it possible to go from "knowing" to "not knowing"?

Anyone else think this way?

Do you actually think Cucks are happy? Every time u cope u know deep down ur coping

Ignorance is for cucks. I'd rather be aware of everything.

KV3 said:
Do you actually think Vick’s are happy? Every time u cope u know deep down ur coping

But what if there's no reason to cope? If you aren't aware of anything, how can you be upset?

Stanx22 said:

If you had the option to permanently remove certain memories or could go back to a mindset that  mostly positive but unaware of certain hard hitting problems, you wouldn't do it?

yes but then you are prone to cuckoldry which will just lead to unhappiness

Salutextm said:
But what if there's no reason to cope? If you aren't aware of anything, how can you be upset?

If you had the option to permanently remove certain memories or could go back to a mindset that  mostly positive but unaware of certain hard hitting problems, you wouldn't do it?

Yes because i'd still be fucked regardless. I'd rather know why i'm fucked than be confused and deluded.

It is , noone can hurt you when you think like that. You probably went to the darkest hell , but atleast you got a mindset which settles you up and prepares you for thelife after it. When there is noone who likes you, why should you try to be liked? It will always fail, no matter what youre doing.

KV3 said:
Do you actually think Cucks are happy? Every time u cope u know deep down ur coping

Depends on the level of coping.

Sometimes, when you ignore your surroundings, you just sometimes feel more at peace with yourself.

Depends on context.

DestroyedLife said:
It is , noone can hurt you when you think like that. You probably went to the darkest hell , but atleast you got a mindset which settles you up and prepares you for thelife after it. When there is noone who likes you, why should you try to be liked? It will always fail, no matter what youre doing.

This is how i'm starting to view things. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to go from "knowing" to "not knowing". Coping isn't possible if you're either overly negative or your negativity is influenced by things you cannot change. That's why I would have  NO problems with deleting my current mindset and replacing it with an ignorant one

Not even slightly bliss

Salutextm said:
How come?

Depending on what it is, somethings yes and some no, but with this they will eventually became apparent. I believe it only applies to something that you will never know of.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Sometimes, when you ignore your surroundings, you just sometimes feel more at peace with yourself.

I agree, so I'll ask you the same question I pondered over. If you had the option to permanently remove certain memories even if they completely shaped who you are and go back to a mindset that's  mostly positive but unaware of certain hard hitting problems, would you do it?

QuantumDummy said:
Depends on context.

That's right but it's too hard to change when you are aware of things that are factual that just so happen to be negative or not to your liking.

I see no other way of combating this other than to not now about these things from the get go and remain ignorant.

Salutextm said:
idkwattodowithlife said:
I agree, so I'll ask you the same question I pondered over. If you had the option to permanently remove certain memories even if they completely shaped who you are and go back to a mindset that's mostly positive but unaware of certain hard hitting problems, would you do it?
If I altered my past for the better, worst is still yet to come, perhaps something much more worse may occur? And leaving things as this be, is better for me :). My new future would be unpredictable, but my old future would be more predictable and I prefer it to be that way. So the answer to your question is no.

So what about you? :)

It may be bliss but it will damage you in the long run.

Stanx22 said:

Truth right here, better knowing whats truly the case instead of being ignorant.

Salutextm said:
That's right but it's too hard to change when you are aware of things that are factual that just so happen to be negative or not to your liking.

I see no other way of combating this other than to not now about these things from the get go and remain ignorant.

It's literally impossible to go back.

I've been very self-aware since I was in my teens.

idkwattodowithlife said:
If I altered my past for the better, worst is still yet to come, perhaps something much more worse may occur? And leaving things as this be, is better for me :). My new future would be unpredictable, but my old future would be more predictable and I prefer it to be that way. So the answer to your question is no.

So what about you? :)

I think I'm understanding. It's because you feel your memories shaped who you are and you'd rather stick with them than to risk becoming something a whole lot worse right?

I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how low I think of myself. If I feel things can't get any worse, I guess I would

I'd like to go back to when I was still too young to care about sexual life. THAT would be bliss.

Nah. Being ignorant like that is living the life of an animal. We are human.

Not being ugly is bliss

Weirdcel said:
Nah. Being ignorant like that is living the life of an animal. We are human.

I was ignorant to a lot of things that pertained to me when I was young. I'd say that's the happiest I've been.

King_of_morons said:
It may be bliss but it will damage you in the long run.

How come?

VLÖ said:
I'd like to go back to when I was still too young to care about sexual life. THAT would be bliss.

I pretty much feel the same way except the sexual part. I would love to go back to my younger mindset. It would be a blessing.

UncannyValley said:
Not being ugly is bliss

I guess the The question now is, when were you aware of how "ugly" you are and when did you actually start to care?

Ignorance is cope

Salutextm said:
I was ignorant to a lot of things that pertained to me when I was young. I'd say that's the happiest I've been.

How come?

Say you had symptoms for a disease that is hard to cure in it’s later stage. It’s better to find out why you have those symptoms earlier instead of ignoring them hoping they’ll go away.

Say you had symptoms for a disease that is hard to cure in it’s later stage. It’s better to find out why you have those symptoms earlier instead of ignoring them hoping they’ll go away.

True. I see the upsides of not being oblivious to everything. I guess I mean traumatizing memories.

The truth hurts. You wouldn't be happier if you never found out about it?

Im an aspie in regards to truth, I dislike lying and rather know the truth even if it hurts tbh.

ignorance is bliss but you have to grow out of it or the world will take advantage of you. its the sad truth

When incel, you can only be ignorant for so long.

I never want to return to those days of my teenage years constantly asking myself "What am I doing wrong?".

When incel, you can only be ignorant for so long.

I never want to return to those days of my teenage years constantly asking myself "What am I doing wrong?".
This, and then normie retards spout platitudes that dont work for genetic trash so we are confused and pay taxes and not shoot up the fucking place to support stacy chad and the elites lavish degenerste lifestyles, fuck this shit.

Ignorance is bliss indeed, this is why it might be good to be mentally retarded

shit man, you're right actually. That was awful.