Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is drowning peaceful or painful?

TheGrayWolf

TheGrayWolf

1/10 | 5'4 | I am Tired and I am weak
★★★★★
I have heard (read) much about both: for some it's peaceful, for others it's not. Maybe it's more peaceful if you want to die?

From what I've gathered, you feel pain first as you hold your breath and as your lungs begin to fill with water (once you cannot hold your breath any longer). Then you feel calm, content, and then you become unconscious, and then you die. That would be nice.

I'd take a few minutes of pain, bc my life is already painful and it will definitely NOT get better...

Also would taking a lot of pain medication before sinking help?

I can swim, not for long bc I don't have a lot of endurance/stamina, but I can swim. I'll probably not sleep for days before I exit, then swim out to the middle of a big lake, then get drunk in the middle of a lake, then drown.

Man it's painful when you're out of breath, its only peaceful in the last moments, and drowning can take a lot of time

i've heard it's one of the most painful deaths

Man it's painful when you're out of breath, its only peaceful in the last moments, and drowning can take a lot of time
I figured so thanks for your input bro.

Wrap a big wet rag around your nose and mouth and see what’s it’s like for yourself OP

It's painful. Waterboarding is literally a form of torture that's supposed to emulate drowning. :feelsjuice:

i've heard it's one of the most painful deaths
Yes same. That's the thing. Some describe it as painful, others not (they felt good while drowning, just before they were saved from death).

I can't jump from a height or shoot myself, both are too risky. Also driving a car into a wall is too risky. What I know is, I'm 26, KHHV, with no hope of ever ascending, I'm ugly without social skills or friends, I'm autistic. It's like a life in jail. I'll never be happy.

I'd take a few minutes of pain instead of decades of (mental) and often also physical pain (like now, thinking about my past, present and future is literally gut wrenching)

Exit bag in Minecraft Bedrock Edition

I almost drowned because i am retarded subhuman who cant swim and my father puled me out of the pool jfl.

i think its better than suffocating by rope.

i dont think its that bad tbh, but its not peaceful.

perhaps jumping into the cold north atlantic and quickly freezing to death is better, where your whole body is numb

I can't jump from a height or shoot myself, both are too risky. Also driving a car into a wall is too risky.
what do you mean by ''too risky''? what's the difference between shooting yourself or drowning, other than the 1st option being quicker, less painful and higher lethal rate?

Hanging is better than drowning it water it doesn't get up the nose and fill your body with water

Last edited:
what do you mean by ''too risky''? what's the difference between shooting yourself or drowning, other than the 1st option being quicker, less painful and higher lethal rate?
True... it's quicker and less painful (if at all) if I get the angle right. I have a big head, thick skull. What if I mess up?

I have one shot. If I jump from a height that is 100% lethal that would would help but I don't have the guts for that.

Hanging is better than drowning it water it doesn't get up the nose and fill your body with water.
Difficult. If it snaps my neck right away, that's good. But that's probably hard. Otherwise I'd choke to death

You don’t die instantly, you suffer briefly as your brain loses consciousness, though it will seem like an eternity. Jumping off a cliff is much faster and doesn’t require a pool

You don’t die instantly, you suffer briefly as your brain loses consciousness, though it will seem like an eternity. Jumping off a cliff is much faster and doesn’t require a pool
True, but I'd do it in a lake, a big one. There are a few close to me (not that it matters to me if they're close or not).

Jumping off a cliff was my go-to thought for months, but ironically I'm really afraid of heights, the only cliff I know has a bottom that is angled downwards, not flat (so at the bottom of the cliff, the ground is more diagonal then horizontal, but height of cliff is like 150m/492 feet

Just overdose on a sedative and you will go out peacefully while sleeping

Not worth it . If some fuckwit somehow saves u can be left with permanent brain damage .

one of the most painful ways to die. for challenge try holding your breath as long as possible. at the worst point where you absolutely have to breath in you still have at least a minute to go

one of the most painful ways to die. for challenge try holding your breath as long as possible. at the worst point where you absolutely have to breath in you still have at least a minute to go
That is absolutely true. The trick is to inhale water right away. Holding your breath and your lungs filling with water will hurt. But soon, once you inhale apparently after a while it is peaceful, then you fall unconscious then you die. I’ve never drowned myself but I read it from people who were saved just before unconsciousness

Must be painful ngl

That is absolutely true. The trick is to inhale water right away. Holding your breath and your lungs filling with water will hurt. But soon, once you inhale apparently after a while it is peaceful, then you fall unconscious then you die. I’ve never drowned myself but I read it from people who were saved just before unconsciousness
I've inhaled water sometimes I don't think it's peaceful. you're basically "attacking" one of your vital organs. It's gonna hurt more than bleeding to death

I have heard (read) much about both: for some it's peaceful, for others it's not. Maybe it's more peaceful if you want to die?

From what I've gathered, you feel pain first as you hold your breath and as your lungs begin to fill with water (once you cannot hold your breath any longer). Then you feel calm, content, and then you become unconscious, and then you die. That would be nice.

I'd take a few minutes of pain, bc my life is already painful and it will definitely NOT get better...

Also would taking a lot of pain medication before sinking help?

I can swim, not for long bc I don't have a lot of endurance/stamina, but I can swim. I'll probably not sleep for days before I exit, then swim out to the middle of a big lake, then get drunk in the middle of a lake, then drown.
I almost drowned at church camp, the panic was bad, but it wasn't really painful.

I almost drowned at church camp, the panic was bad, but it wasn't really painful.
Good to know. Are you glad you didn’t die?

Very painful, every death is painful unless it’s dying from natural old age catching up with you in your sleep, or a quick gunshot wound to your brain stem

Probably one of the worst ways you can go.

The closest thing to a "peaceful death" is either you falling asleep, or an asteroid/nuclear bomb hitting near your homie residence!
- That´s ENOUGH.

it actually depends wheter you can swim before or not
if you can hold your breath for a lot of time then you will suffer a lot since your lungs will be exposed to more water for a longer time but if you can't do that and you're not really active in your life then you will die faster and easier

How would anyone know if it’s peaceful or painful to die from drowning? Everyone who has gone through it is dead and can’t be asked :feelsseriously:

Drowning is a terrible way to die unless you’re unconscious while doing so

How would anyone know if it’s peaceful or painful to die from drowning? Everyone who has gone through it is dead and can’t be asked :feelsseriously:
Not quite true bc you fall unconscious before you die. People were saved while in that state

Not quite true bc you fall unconscious before you die. People were saved while in that state
So they didn’t die. They know if it’s peaceful or painful to fall unconscious in water. Not die jfl

Dont do it man drowning is hell i remember almost dying from choking mobths ago i couldnt breathe it was terrifying

Anything but peaceful, JFL

@TheGrayWolf How old are you?

Dont do it man drowning is hell i remember almost dying from choking mobths ago i couldnt breathe it was terrifying
Wow ok, I see. Thanks bro

No its brootal you start panicking and you cant do nothing