Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is drawing genetic

Ye or nay

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Weeee

Weeee

Officer
★★★★★
What I mean is having artistic ability genetic? Just say yes or no.

20% talent, 80% trained skill.

My drawing is abysmal. Looks like I had a cocaine fueled seizure tbh.

100% talent, I can do isometric drawings with right angles and straight edges because Im aspie but anything else just lol

Probably both bro

100% talent, I can do isometric drawings with right angles and straight edges because Im aspie but anything else just lol
Trees are the only thing I can draw for some reason.

I'm just lazy af and I should be a lot better by now but, Like grinding anatomy for even an hour a day makes me wanna shoot myself. So I'm taking way too much time off.

I knew dudes who could draw legendary looking shit when they were like 10 or 11. I think yes, it is, to some extent.

I don't believe so.

Drawing is genetic in the same sense that writing is- someone without the requisite traits (e.g., adequate IQ, conscientiousness, proper executive function) will never be a good writer. Though a person who is capable of writing well is probably capable of doing other productive things too.

Well, the same is true of drawing. There is some base level of ability needed to become a good artist. Whatever this threshold is probably depends on your standards for what a good artist is.

Personally I have always been really bad at drawing. I have a very hard time picturing things in my head. It seems obvious that that is genetic. There is no environmental factor (aside from maybe proper childhood care in the form of education and nutrition, which I got) which is going to allow me to picture objects in my head better.

I struggle with drawing stick figures

I can barely draw a straight line, its for the same reason my handwriting is terrible, can't steady my hands, combined with poor coordination. It's a shame too, as I'm pretty decent at visualization.

Who knows? There are also many different drawing form e.g. impressionist, geometric, realistic, etc.

i think anyone can draw after a picture, but out of their head? thats genetic