Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is doom still relevant?

Dr. Autismo

Dr. Autismo

Foid punchER
★★★★★
the first doom was massively controversial when it first came out because it triggered boomer politicians who accused it of encouraging violent behaviour in america's younglings.
Christians also fucking hated it for its metal soundtrack and satanic imagery, which is pretty ironic because its a game where you go around shooting and killing demons from hell.
and of course, the game got blamed for the columbine massacre, because mr harris and mr klebold were fans of the game.

the first doom itself revolutionized the fps genre, and inspired many clones after it, so its pretty novel for gaming.
even today, doom 1 has a massive fanbase and mods and levels still get made for it to this very day.
after doom 3, the series disappeared for a while, but game back with a sequel/reboot with doom 2016 and its sequel doom eternal.
personally, i would have switched the words around and just called it eternal doom tbh.

and pretty much no controversy was kicked off over doom 2016, eternal and most likely not even the dark ages, aside from ids mistreatment of the composer.
we're more used to violent content, usage of guns and more demonic stuff now than back in '93, i personally believe one of the keys to doom 1s success was how many people it triggered.
because it gave the game free publicity via the media and word of mouth.
same thing for mortal kombat around the same time, and in the 2000s with gta, mass effect, manhunt 1 and 2, bully and cod mw2.
these dumbshit news reporters, lawyers and power hungry politicians didn't seem to get the by accusing these games of negatively influencing people, they give the games they hate free publicity and make themselves little like total idiots.

so, yeah, the new doom games are pretty popular, but thats likely because normies can play it and feel like outsiders because its an fps thats not call of duty or battlefield.
people praise doom 1 for being revolutionary, subversive, controversial and rebellious, but can we really say the same for doom 2016, eternal and the dark ages?

btw, i never played 2016, eternal and won't play the dark ages, but i did play the bfg collection back in 2015.
this is just an observation i've made.

its just a fun game negro

don't know, don't care,

why does it even mattER

30090.jpg

Classic Doom will always be relevant

Idk a bit, depends on the current gen, the newer games are overhyped but at least it's brilliant gameplay is where it shines. Doom gameplay is way too underrated, no one understands it yet.

It's still relevant since new games are played by people same as old ones they still receive WADs and Doom 1+2 just got a remaster on Steam/consoles. 2016 kinda sucked due how easy it was, but i loved Eternal due the shaked up combat which forced you to use different guns and reposition, so i will play the next game for sure if it will be as fun as the Eternal.

Last edited:
It's still relevant since new games are played by people same as old ones they still receive WADs and Doom 1+2 just got a remaster on Steam/consoles. 2016 kinda sucked due how easy it was, but i loved Eternal i will play the next game for sure.
i saw the trailer for dark ages out of curiosity.
dooms one of those games where you never played, but you know a lot about it.
i think that boomerang shield with the chainsaw blades is pretty cool, same with that gun that crunches skulls and fires the shrapnel.

i saw the trailer for dark ages out of curiosity.
dooms one of those games where you never played, but you know a lot about it.
i think that boomerang shield with the chainsaw blades is pretty cool, same with that gun that crunches skulls and fires the shrapnel.
Honestly with that look it should be a Quake reboot but i guess they rejected that idea since they thought normies wouldn't buy it since Quake Wars and Champions flopped.

Honestly with that look it should be a Quake reboot but i guess they rejected that idea since they thought normies wouldn't buy it since Quake Wars and Champions flopped.
maybe this is a tribute to that game, if dark ages sells well and people dig the look of it, maybe they'll do a quake reboot.

The speedrun side of doom still somewhat active

the first doom was massively controversial when it first came out because it triggered boomer politicians who accused it of encouraging violent behaviour in america's younglings.
Christians also fucking hated it for its metal soundtrack and satanic imagery, which is pretty ironic because its a game where you go around shooting and killing demons from hell.
and of course, the game got blamed for the columbine massacre, because mr harris and mr klebold were fans of the game.

the first doom itself revolutionized the fps genre, and inspired many clones after it, so its pretty novel for gaming.
even today, doom 1 has a massive fanbase and mods and levels still get made for it to this very day.
after doom 3, the series disappeared for a while, but game back with a sequel/reboot with doom 2016 and its sequel doom eternal.
personally, i would have switched the words around and just called it eternal doom tbh.

and pretty much no controversy was kicked off over doom 2016, eternal and most likely not even the dark ages, aside from ids mistreatment of the composer.
we're more used to violent content, usage of guns and more demonic stuff now than back in '93, i personally believe one of the keys to doom 1s success was how many people it triggered.
because it gave the game free publicity via the media and word of mouth.
same thing for mortal kombat around the same time, and in the 2000s with gta, mass effect, manhunt 1 and 2, bully and cod mw2.
these dumbshit news reporters, lawyers and power hungry politicians didn't seem to get the by accusing these games of negatively influencing people, they give the games they hate free publicity and make themselves little like total idiots.

so, yeah, the new doom games are pretty popular, but thats likely because normies can play it and feel like outsiders because its an fps thats not call of duty or battlefield.
people praise doom 1 for being revolutionary, subversive, controversial and rebellious, but can we really say the same for doom 2016, eternal and the dark ages?

btw, i never played 2016, eternal and won't play the dark ages, but i did play the bfg collection back in 2015.
this is just an observation i've made.
Nah man doom enternal made people by adding a skill check called marauder and yes people are hype about doom look at doom dark age

It's still relevant since new games are played by people same as old ones they still receive WADs and Doom 1+2 just got a remaster on Steam/consoles. 2016 kinda sucked due how easy it was, but i loved Eternal due the shaked up combat which forced you to use different guns and reposition, so i will play the next game for sure if it will be as fun as the Eternal.
Did you beat 2016 on nightmare or ultra violence