Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is creationism/Abrahamic religion technically a conspiracy theory?

GhostedPhantom

GhostedPhantom

Gray (he/him)
★★★★
Conspiracy theory: "These complex events align and seem to match the interests of this group of people, therefore it was all orchestrated/directed/influenced by them. They have a plan for us to obey them. If there's any scientific evidence that points otherwise, it's because they paid the scientists/media to cover it up."

Creationism: "Nature is intricate and complex, it must have been designed. God has a plan for us to worship him. If there's any evidence that disproves this, it's either been created by God as a test for us, or Satan is trying to deceive us."

I know a single god can't conspire with himself (unless you consider the Holy Trinity as separate entities) but then again, in practice, conspiracy theories can involve a single person corrupting others as far as I know.

I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war but it probably will regardless. Still, I think this parallel is too obvious for me not to mention it. The only difference is that conspiracy theorists are enemies of said group of people while people of Abrahamic religions seek to worship their god.

Many conspiracy theories end up being real, that's why they're called theories. E.g.: MK Ultra and PRISM.

Many conspiracy theories end up being real, that's why they're called theories. E.g.: MK Ultra and PRISM.
That really is what the scientific term "theory" means and many of them are true, but some of them carry the label "theory" despite having almost all of the evidence stacked against them. I'd say creationism is of the latter kind.

religions are humanity's original coping method

The true conspiracy theory is thinking that all the historical occurrences, testemonies and events pertaining to early Christianity were carefully planned/faked thousands of years before remotely modern tecniques of media existed.

I'd rather obey the God than goverment