Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is being high inhib due to genetics?

war_with_myself

war_with_myself

Overlord
★★★★★
Yes, I think so.

no it's because you tip toed around your neurotic mother to not make her angry now you are hypersensitive to all stimuli so you high inhib

I don't think this is a genetic explanation.

My high inhib comes from my hypersensitivity, which is a symptom of ADHD. So yes.

when u were a kid, did ur parents and old people in ur family describe u as good quite kid?

To a lesser degree yes,being high inhib is mostly due to the experiences you go through in your childhood.
Treated good by scumciety= high self esteem,low inhib.
Treated like trash by scumciety= low self esteem,high inhib.

Partially, yes. It's mostly determined by your upbringing, the feedback from your environment, reinforcement learning (again, from the environment i.e., you try action x, positive event y occurs, you continue doing action x), and people's natural propensity towards risk-aversion.

when u were a kid, did ur parents and old people in ur family describe u as good quite kid?
Now that i think about it, I was talkative as a kid and then puberty hit, that's where i became high inhib.

You could say so, but I think your genetics determined for the most part that you won't be accepted, and high inhib is a result of that, not because high inhib was coded in you.