Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is anyone else the backup friend?

eurocel

eurocel

Officer
★★★★★
Like being the last one to call when everyone else is busy?

I'm the school friend: talk to him at school but never actually spend time with him when it's not necessary.

I always hit up my friends, barely the other way around. And when they do hit me up, I'm asleep.

I don't have any friends anymore. I haven't for years.

Framecel222 said:
I'm the school friend: talk to him at school but never actually spend time with him when it's not necessary.

This hits close to home..

Nope.
No firends.
I talked to people in school during breaks and that's about it.
Have only two numbers in my phone, but they're from work collegues and only for work related issues.

I was like this in highschool. I used to get calls at like 11-12 pm on weekends telling me to come somewhere. I was called to fill up the gaps.

CamelBlueFilters said:
I was like this in highschool. I used to get calls at like 11-12 pm on weekends telling me to come somewhere. I was called to fill up the gaps.

holy shit this, pretty much only late minute things.

i don't even know if i have any sort of friends

I used to be like this in high school, I'd be the butt of every "gay" and "pussy with no girlfriend" joke too.

Now I just have no (irl) friends.

I haven't had "friends" since high school.

Framecel222 said:

So was I until I got to college. Now I'm just there and I do not care at all.

I don't think I have friends

Nope. I used to have three friends.

It was always me who had to call them and arrange meetings etc. so one day I stopped doing that.
It's been 2 years since I last heard of them.

Only one friend bothers to text me.

I have only 1 friend since I was 13... Fucking lol.

usually if theres a 10 person board game, i'm the "tenth person" because someone's girlfriend couldn't make it

lol at having friends

I never tried to maintain friendships enough to know this. I always had about one or two friends in my life. My current friends just accept that I prefer to be alone and never invite me to shit because they know I'll decline.

This was me in high school.

I was the backup friend in the jock, nerd and poor city trash cliques.

They would call me a few times per year to do stuff, and when I did it was always weird because I wasn't really a part of any of their groups. I was just... there. A faceless being that existed to stand next to the valuable people and raise their status.

LonelyButterfly said:
Nope. I used to have three friends.

It was always me who had to call them and arrange meetings etc. so one day I stopped doing that.
It's been 2 years since I last heard of them.

Only one friend bothers to text me.

This is literally me. I used to have two groups of "friends", but I had to always ask what they were doing and if I could join. One day I stopped doing that, it's been 5 years since anyone contacted me. No text messages, I think only one of them said "hi" on Normiebook at some point a few years ago.