Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is anyone else here functionally illiterate?

Ryo_Hazuki

Ryo_Hazuki

Mythic
★★★
My reading comprehension is abysmal.  My literacy skills are on par with the average 12 year old's.  Possibly worse.  

It's not just reading though.  My language comprehension in general are really bad.  Even when I'm listening very closely or reading very carefully, I won't understand what someone is trying to say.  People think I'm not paying attention when I'm genuinely trying my hardest to follow what they're saying.  I need everything dumbed down to the extreme.  This has actually been a serious problem for me my entire life.

Ryo Hazuki said:
My reading comprehension is abysmal.  My literacy skills are on par with the average 12 year old's.  Possibly worse.  

It's not just reading though.  My language comprehension in general are really bad.  Even when I'm listening very closely or reading very carefully, I won't understand what someone is trying to say.  People think I'm not paying attention when I'm genuinely trying my hardest to follow what they're saying.  I need everything dumbed down to the extreme.  This has actually been a serious problem for me my entire life.

Yes, on account of brain fog from my disability. I've always struggled keeping up with verbal conversations and sometimes reading as well. Though I wouldn't go so far with the description you've made for myself. I think it's much too far for you too. You come across as being very intelligent and socially competent at least through text. You seem a lot smarter than most.

You may have ADHD. I have it and I am too suffering from poor reading comprehension, inability to follow basic tasks, can't concentrate properly, make stupid mistakes all the time. The list goes on but you get the idea. It could also be Brain Fog which is state that could be induced by constant computer use.

Either way living like a functioning, self-aware retard is hell on earth. Especially if combined with inceldom.

Sounds like incelitis. It's caused by not getting pussy. You're brain shrinks because of it.

I've become more illiterate as the years go by as a shut in/LDAR practitioner. There is no doubt the effects of seclusion includes decrease of IQ.

You've never come across as even slightly "illiterate" to me.

You always say that, but you come across really eloquent and rather intelligent. Maybe is only shows in rl situations.

It honestly takes me 6-8 hours to write a 2 page paper on anything!