Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is AI nothing more than a web-scraper of search engines?

ethniccel1

ethniccel1

Sir ethnic cel the 1st lord of landwhales, grannys
★★★★★
I use Chatgpt. Nothing amazing about it. It simply summarizes 3-4 websites.

There is other AI that can write code but thats code you find in online tutorials. Like the Microsoft C# programming language has really deep in-depth tutorials , so whats fancy if an AI copy pases code from there?

OK you may say self driving cars? Whats new there? We have had self flying planes since if I am not wrong the 80's same technology.

Do people mean more advanced computer chips when they say AI? Because an advanced computer chip can perform millions of mathematical calculations in a second and automate multiple tasks in a second. AI is nothing but I think its super computer(chips) that people mean. Like who can compete against a super computer that can control thousand s of robots? No need for humans in the workforce if chips become really advanced

AI is just a buzzword, somethin that was just a software thing now is called AI

JMydpyj

AI is much more than just a web-scraper of search engines. While web scraping involves extracting data from websites, AI encompasses a wide range of capabilities beyond data extraction.
Here are some key differences:
  1. Learning and Adaptation: AI can learn from data and improve over time. It can adapt to new information and make decisions based on patterns and insights1.
  2. Reasoning and Problem-Solving: AI can perform tasks that require reasoning and problem-solving, such as playing chess, diagnosing diseases, or driving cars1.
  3. Natural Language Processing (NLP): AI can understand and generate human language, enabling it to engage in conversations, translate languages, and analyze text1.
  4. Image and Speech Recognition: AI can recognize and interpret images and speech, which is used in applications like facial recognition and voice assistants2.
In contrast, web scraping is a specific technique used to gather data from websites, often using predefined rules and patterns. AI can enhance web scraping by making it more adaptive and efficient, but its capabilities extend far beyond this single application34.
Does this help clarify the distinction for you?

idk it could be another hype train like blockchain. Just billions of $ wasted in promise of the next driver for world economic growth. And then we have a recession when people with money realize it's not what was advertized

They're highly advanced LLMs (Language models) that collect data and put them together through readable words called 'Tokens'. They are not true AI whatsoever even if it seems that way.

idk it could be another hype train like blockchain. Just billions of $ wasted in promise of the next driver for world economic growth. And then we have a recession when people with money realize it's not what was advertized
Everything was a buble before. When the internet got big in the late 90's and early 00's it was the big hype then the bubble burst, recently it was blockchain then that bubble burst, also renewable energies is the big hype but whats new? We have been using water mills and wind mills since thousands of years already and to charge EV's we STILL BURN COAL

To me it just looks like marketing to suck up the $$$$$$$$$

They're highly advanced LLMs (Language models) that collect data and put them together through readable words called 'Tokens'. They are not true AI whatsoever even if it seems that way.
Okay gotya. I know what you mean, you can find 1000's of tutorials online to programm that stuff in python

I use Chatgpt. Nothing amazing about it. It simply summarizes 3-4 websites.

There is other AI that can write code but thats code you find in online tutorials. Like the Microsoft C# programming language has really deep in-depth tutorials , so whats fancy if an AI copy pases code from there?

OK you may say self driving cars? Whats new there? We have had self flying planes since if I am not wrong the 80's same technology.

Do people mean more advanced computer chips when they say AI? Because an advanced computer chip can perform millions of mathematical calculations in a second and automate multiple tasks in a second. AI is nothing but I think its super computer(chips) that people mean. Like who can compete against a super computer that can control thousand s of robots? No need for humans in the workforce if chips become really advanced
They are more free space in the sky and planes still need a pilot just there so they can sleep

Neuromorphic AI still has a long way to go before it reaches AGI levels

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back