Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

is a psycholosist worth it?

theonlytruecel

theonlytruecel

Banned
-
so i have obvious social problems

i would say i have sever social anxiety and antisocial behavior

perhaps schizoid personality or something similar

can a psychologist lead me to the correct way

at least make some friends?

only by the mere thought of socializing i get nervous

whats wrong with me?!??

No. PsycoloGISTS are quacks making money off pseudoscience. They are also in their majority liberals and feminists, so if you go to see one, he or she will pull your strings to make you even worse off. Their endgame is creation of soft dependency, kind of like a drug, so you keep coming and paying. Destroying your masculinity and subtle indoctrination is a lovely bonus.

Going to a psyCHIATRIST will result in an immediate, and permanent, mark on your health records. They are MDs who are trained to sedate potential crazies with drugs (and convincing said crazies that they need these drugs for life = $$$), and to sound appropriate alarms so you can be forcibly committed if necessary. In either case, having ever had treatment for mental issues becomes a matter of record that will absolutely preclude you from ever obtaining a firearm (in the US at least) and can float up in background checks, reducing your available opportunities.

TLDR: don't go to either unless you feel like you are going to rope or go ER, and want to prevent that.

Psychologists are quacks. They will most likely not help you. Any help that you did get would most likely be unrelated to the time spent with a psychologist.

Unless your psychologist is also a plastic surgeon, you are unlikely to experience an increase in social ability. Social ability is directly correlated with how good looking you are i.e. the prettiest people are those that can socialize the best.

Definitely not. Don't waste your money

No. PsycoloGISTS are quacks making money off pseudoscience. They are also in their majority liberals and feminists, so if you go to see one, he or she will pull your strings to make you even worse off. Their endgame is creation of soft dependency, kind of like a drug, so you keep coming and paying. Destroying your masculinity and subtle indoctrination is a lovely bonus.

Going to a psyCHIATRIST will result in an immediate, and permanent, mark on your health records. They are MDs who are trained to sedate potential crazies with drugs (and convincing said crazies that they need these drugs for life = $$$), and to sound appropriate alarms so you can be forcibly committed if necessary. In either case, having ever had treatment for mental issues becomes a matter of record that will absolutely preclude you from ever obtaining a firearm (in the US at least) and can float up in background checks, reducing your available opportunities.

TLDR: don't go to either unless you feel like you are going to rope or go ER, and want to prevent that.

i like psychology as a science but you are right....

no i want a firearm even though i live in greece i was born in Miami and i am also murican so i want my guns ...

Just go to a prostitute. You can fuck her then talk to her to.

They make you worse.

I have never had a therapist although my family suggest it constantly. However my cousin is a psychologist so he deals with understanding why people behave in a certain way rather than treating them and is an expert in the whole field. I believe most of the so called therapy is a moneymaking quack but in his case his cause is noble, he's 15 years older than me and his brother committed suicide when he was very young over issues similar to ours so he wants to help people by understanding why people would feel this way.

I have confided in him about my "inceldom" and he has outlined to me several approaches that a therapist may treat you with but none of them seem they would help me tbh. In summary they seem to be:-

- It is all in your mind i.e. girls don't check out these other guys an ignore you or look at you in disgust
- Try a different approach/environment
- Concentrate on other things that are more important
- Stop valuing looks so much in other people

So the usual copes basically. He also said that they help to build up your mental strength so that the situations which upset you don't affect you as much anymore and hopefully not at all eventually although in my eyes I can only see how this would work if you are upset about something completely irrational. Being worthless to women and being triggered by situations which make that clear is perfectly rational to me.

Besides that there are meds they may give you but personally I don't want to feel happy about being invisible to all women because that is a normal human reaction in my eyes. Should a person feel happy about being kicked in the balls every day?

I think you mean a psychiatrist. They are only useful if you want high-quality Jew pills to mask the pain of being an ugly male, and more so, to get a diagnosis which gets you NEETbux.

Any of the stuff you're hoping to obtain, no. You need to have value to make friends.

They can't help you with inceldom. If you have legit anxiety issues and other stuff then you should get some help

You should do it OP but don't ask them for help about anything to do with inceldom

If it's covered by insurance, sure.