Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is 1985's "The New Kids" An Under The Radar Incel Horror ?

Tranquil Fury

Tranquil Fury

Chad Basher
★★★★
Was revisiting some older movies from when I was a kid and had come across this gem that was brought to us by the same director that did the original "Friday the 13th". Will try to keep it as spoiler free as possible for those who have not seen it and may want to.

The movie follows a chad and his stacy sister, who after losing their parents, have to live with an aunt and uncle in Florida. Upon enrolling in high school, they catch the attention of a group of guys who are socially awkward, do alot of drugs, play with guns, and pretty much do all the shit that would probably get their houses raided by today's standards. They all decide to place bets on who can fuck the sister, and as they literally have no skills in talking to girls, they end up getting rejected, which they take personally to the point they start beefing with chad brother. Throughout the movie they harass, assault, vandalize, commit animal cruelty, and eventually try and rape the sister, which culminates in a battle on a fairground between the siblings and the group of guys who may or may not be considered incels by today's standards. Ending is predictable in terms of typical hollywood standards of the time.

I was never able to say this to anyone, but I remember this movie very well as it was in regular rotation when my family moved to some shithole neighborhood into a somewhat more suburban part of town and the previous owners left us a cable box. Lost track of how many times I used to fantasize about being the leader of the gang in that movie and would very often fantasize about how cool it would be to do some of the stuff the gang does in the movie to several preppy boys and cooler kids who were able to get girls real easily in middle school.

I was gonna link a youtube video to a channel that had the complete version but I think either the movie or the channel may no longer exist. For those able to stream or rent, it's "The New Kids" and came out in 1985 starring James Spader, Eric Stoltz, and Lori Loughlin, when they were just getting their start in hollywood. It's pretty dated in terms of how most if not all the things that happened in that movie would be impossible to pull off with the ease they did nowadays, (ie beating up chad brother and sexually harassing the sister in front of other students).

Slightly off topic, but this, along with several other movies from the 20th century that I remember fondly as a kid and teen, seem to have almost predicted us, I intend to do further research into that but could definitely use your input as you guys could probably spot these things better than me and we could have a discussion that could, at the very least, open up some eyes to our plight and how this may have been the plan all along. That is all.

Edit : The only thing I could find on youtube was a channel that broke the movie up into 10 parts, and it's about 90 minutes the last I remember, to anyone interested, hope you enjoy :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DpkxwYOAQc&list=FL6nZiUTvxTyPDMpfEgdl6zg&index=10