Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Interesting article I found on bullying and how it effects your genetics

war_with_myself

war_with_myself

Overlord
★★★★★

New research shows that the chemical structure surrounding part of the genetic blueprint of a young child is physically changed by bullying, leaving the victim less able to respond properly to the stress and possibly paving the way for mental problems later in life.
The findings challenge the popular assumption that DNA is largely immutable, remaining basically unchanged throughout a person's life. But what does change, according to the research, is how one critical gene known to be involved in regulating mood is crippled, leaving the victim unable to deal with the stress.
Overreacting to stress can be harmful, of course, but failing to react in a reasonable manner isn't healthy either, she added. Her previous research shows that "children who were bullied or maltreated showed less reactivity to stress and had more problems in social interaction and had more externalized problems, such as aggression."
:whatfeels: Sounds like 90% of this forum.

Wow who knew being bullied can make you mentally fucked up.

everyone knows that; but changes at a genetic level due to bullying is a bit surprising, at least for me.

everyone knows that; but changes at a genetic level due to bullying is a bit surprising, at least for me.
Yeah I guess so, but it's a good thing though, you need to channel that stress into anger and get revenge on soyciety.

Interesting how everything affects your genes. Food, bullying, environment, etc.

I already heard this before, yet now it's reinforced. I hate people.

are you fucking serious? have you ever been bullied in your life? should you even be on this site?

Interesting how everything affects your genes. Food, bullying, environment, etc.
i do wonder though, if typical inkwell experiences like prolonged exposure to isolation, or repeated rejections can have an effect on genetics. and if it does, what kind of effect does it have?

I know about how doing certain activities can turn Genes on and off. For example, if a person rides a bike for 20 minutes, it turns on metabolism Genes or something. Maybe the bullies turn off certain Genes

i do wonder though, if typical inkwell experiences like prolonged exposure to isolation, or repeated rejections can have an effect on genetics. and if it does, what kind of effect does it have?
Not a good one I imagine. The input of oldcels aged 50+ would be needed and a lot of it. Doubt we’ll find out

experiencing it and seeing it are too different things
If you don't have sub-50IQ, you can tell by just looking bullying is harmful. There will be normies that say bullying is helpful or that the victims deserved it, because they want to delude themselves that they're not bad people, so they make up excuses that justifies their bullying in a half-assed way.

If you don't have sub-50IQ, you can tell by just looking bullying is harmful. There will be normies that say bullying is helpful or that the victims deserved it, because they want to delude themselves that they're not bad people, so they make up excuses that justifies their bullying in a half-assed way.
yep I know, they always have some form of excuse for their bullshit. verbal or physical and the worst part about it is that they get away with it the majority of the time.

yep I know, they always have some form of excuse for their bullshit. verbal or physical and the worst part about it is that they get away with it the majority of the time.
It's because they're the majority and they're more liked than the victims.

I wonder if alienation and social isolation has an effect on your genes too. I was never really bullied only occasionally made fun of, but nothing too serious or frequent. I pretty much always was somewhat of an outcast in school though especially with girls being the quiet kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back