Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Incompetency and arrogance of admins is what's preventing technical improvement of the site

incelerated

incelerated

Looks don't matter, luck does
★★★★★
[Read the TLDR if this is too long for your taste]

As you may know the Dark Banana 2019 theme is a popular theme here. But it has some issues such as profile and media commenting not working.
Last year, as someone who does programming as a hobby and an avid user of Dark Banana 2019 I decided to write a script to fix these issues.
The resulting script was this: https://incels.is/threads/user-scri...a-commenting-problem-bananacels-gtfih.299083/

After I posted that thread I was hoping saint serge would offer to incorporate that script into the website, but after @mental_out tagged him he refused to even comment. To me this meant that he either has no interest in fixing the theme or he does not trust me and lacks the necessary knowledge to read the code and make sure it doesn't do anything harmful.
A bunch of users actually installed it, including @mental_out himself and nothing happened to them so that must have been enough evidence that the fix was harmless but still no response from serge.

A while later I wrote some CSS that fixed the thread prefix icons for the banana theme. This time serge actually responded and after we talked in PMs he actually added the CSS to the site which fixed the issue. A CSS cannot do any harm and this strengthened my suspicion that the reason he isn't applying the script is because he cannot trust me, and cannot investigate the script for himself.

A while later I offered to modify his username colors addon, so that the stars will be the same color as usernames. To my surprise he agreed and installed my updated addon. I don't know if anyone noticed it but the stars used to be a different color before. (They are still broken on dark banana 2019 because he refused to apply the fix to the 2019 theme. He implied he was too busy, but I had a feeling he preferred users to migrate to the new theme).

There were other things as well like a custom tags script and an old emoji menu script, and some other minor things.

Fast forward to when globohomo struck and saints serge and master left.

I thought to myself: this is the best time. The old admins are gone and some random dude has taken control of the server and some new mod is now the admin. It might be my chance to get admin access and become the "technical guy" of the site.
So I message @Fat Link, I tell him I would be more than happy to help with site maintenance etc, etc. And guess what? He didn't even reply to my PM. Ignored me just like that. A while later I messaged both him and @Robtical again asking them to let me fix the banana theme but I was again ignored without even getting a reply.

Serge was the guy who built this site from the ground up so I had respect for him, and if he didn't want my help or didn't trust me I couldn't really complain.
But with the new admins it's different. I was being polite so far but let me be frank: Who the fuck even is @Infinity? Who the fuck is @Fat Link? What makes you more truthworthy than I am?
I am the only one on this forum who has been in a position to obliterate the site. Serge installed my addon, I don't know if he knew this or not, but I could have ruined the site with that addon. You can do anything you want, you have full access. But I didn't. How many other people have been tested like that before?

Then after I saw people were leaving due to fear of getting doxxed, I offered to help with hiding IP addresses and encrypting the posts so they don't appear in server logs. But again I got no serious answer. Just a couple brief answers from @Robtical basically telling me it's not possible, without showing any real interest in the idea.
It's ridiculous how absolutely nothing was done, or at least tried, to protect the users further after globohomo strike.

TLDR: In short, I wanted to let everyone know that the reason Fast Banana 2019 is still broken and many suggestions with high upvotes are not implemented is because the admins of the site do not know how to do it, and they are too arrogant to let someone who is genuinely interested in improving the site help them.

Of course the offer if off now and even if they ask me to help them with anything now I am going to refuse. I've kissed asses enough.
I'm just making this thread to let everyone know, because it was really heartbreaking to be so enthusiastic about this site and see such cold reactions from people in charge.

I dont see reason why they didnt let you help, they were also regular users few months ago. Being a transitional time they should have accepted all the help available.

Last edited:
Not only are people leaving because they fear getting doxxed, but also because they're demoralized by the number of infiltrators and fakecels who have been getting away with just a slap on the wrist. It's hopeless.

I appreciate your work and I find it interesting. I used to make a lot of userscripts because they're so good at molding everything according to my preferences. I don't use Fast/Dark Banana 2019 though.

Then after I saw people were leaving due to fear of getting doxxed, I offered to help with hiding IP addresses and encrypting the posts so they don't appear in server logs. But again I got no serious answer. Just a couple brief answers from @[UWSL] /data/avatars/s/2/2637.jpg?1589169884 [/UWSL]@Robtical basically telling me it's not possible, without showing any real interest in the idea.
It's a shame they don't see encryption as viable. Maybe the forum framework itself doesn't have that as a feature. Otherwise, if it does, I'm all for it, although it's not 100% perfect because the admin (or whoever else knows the decryption key) could still betray us. I have an idea for an incel-related project where encryption can be handled by the individual users themselves if they want to (which carries its own quite significant limitations).

Pool closed due to incels.

I remember that script, it was very useful.

I know for sure that @Fat Link cannot be trusted. He's just a neo nazi with power fetish.
He has no knowledge or skill required to run or improve this website

Then after I saw people were leaving due to fear of getting doxxed, I offered to help with hiding IP addresses and encrypting the posts so they don't appear in server logs. But again I got no serious answer. Just a couple brief answers from @[UWSL] /data/avatars/s/2/2637.jpg?1646379055 [/UWSL]@Robtical basically telling me it's not possible, without showing any real interest in the idea.
It's ridiculous how absolutely nothing was done, or at least tried, to protect the users further after globohomo strike.
seems a bit suspicious huh :feelsLSD:

This reminds me of Joshua Moon(Iban, IbanX, IbanZ, Frontier Psychiatrist):

Daddy

Stop bumping this thread it's not relevant anymore.