Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Incels.is accent poll

Title

• Total voters
I don't really have an accent. I just sound dead inside.

Aspie Accent

Mother has a Southern U.S accent from Arkansas.

- Mother's mother came from Arkansas. Her father came from Arkansas.

- My other parent's family also comes from Arkansas.

Aspie Accent

Mother has a Southern U.S accent from Arkansas.

- Mother's mother came from Arkansas. Her father came from Arkansas.

- My other parent's family also comes from Arkansas.
So how did you end up in Wisconsin?

You rank among the best non native speakers, kek

Because it's a Germanic language, Dutch people consistently rank #1 and Danes #2, why? Because Dutch is a West Germanic language like English, in fact an Englishman that doesn't speak Dutch and a Dutchman that doesn't speak English can both understand a Frisian without much issue. Danish is a North Germanic language which is why they're #2, Sweden is a but more further removed which is why they're usually #3 or #4 (depending on where Norway ranks).

No such thing as "Canadian". Just Americans in denial.

I'm curious though, for those here that live outside the Anglosphere, is your English speech closer to American English or British English?

Of course, I expect Latin Americans to adopt American English, but I also see some non-English-native Europeans speaking with both either American-influenced or British-influenced accents too.

Last edited:
I'm curious though, for those here that live outside the Anglosphere, is your English speech closer to American English or British English?

Of course, I expect Latin Americans to adopt American English, but I also see some non-English-native Europeans speaking with both either American-influenced or British-influenced accents too.
Some people used to say I have a Brit accent although I’ve never done any accent training, kek

Some people used to say I have a Brit accent although I’ve never done any accent training, kek
Were you formally taught English like at school? Or did you entirely learned it off from the Internet?

Do you usually use American spelling and vocabulary or British spelling and vocabulary when you write in English?

Were you formally taught English like at school? Or did you entirely learned it off from the Internet?

Do you usually use American spelling and vocabulary or British spelling and vocabulary when you write in English?
In Cuckmany we usually teach British English at school, guess that’s where I picked up the accent unconsciously (never cared about it tho because no accent for my face ).

In Cuckmany we usually teach British English at school, guess that’s where I picked up the accent unconsciously (never cared about it tho because no accent for my face ).
I see.

Also, where in Germany do you live and do you also speak a local dialect of German?