Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL “Incels don’t understand the movie Joker”

ForeverGrey

ForeverGrey

Greycel
★★
I’m seeing more and more people lately saying that incels didn’t understand the point of Joker, and I have one word with this…

“Incels are too poopy head to get the point of Joker, me brain big big, only I understood movie. :feelstastyman:

There is no “point” in the movie. It’s a nihilistic 1:1 of what it is to be “a mentally ill loner” in modern day society packing a misanthropic punch with no meaning other than having the lost connection of comedy and tragedy as its central focus (like how Joker had been long before the movie even existed with the exception of it being much more on the nose this time around). It’s not like it was once in a century work of fiction that delved into the themes of severe isolation, mental illness, etc. (all of which we’ve had first hand experiences with) and was willing to tackle them without any sugarcoating or anything.

There is nothing to “get” about it from a normie perspective, and if anything, you’re the one who didn’t get that it has no message based on morality or a lack thereof. I won’t be surprised one bit if they thought the movie was some fucking autobiography of a black single mother getting murdered by an incel, indicating that we should protect women at all cost and continue bashing down societally neglected men. :feelskek:

Attachments

• 48602 (2).gif
    48602 (2).gif
    878.5 KB · Views: 10
jfl yeah Redditors are ridiculous with their retarded 'media literacy' meme

'no goyim the giant bugs are the good guys, the film is an analogy about how fascism is bad because it kills large bugs'
'no goyim fight club is about how toxic masculinity is le bad''

literally who gives a shit about whatever 'depth' these filmmakers or authors have? it's not like these are masterpieces of art which have any highly sophisticated message

people can just enjoy art without making reference to the author's 'moral,' morals are for children

le Redditor a few centuries ago:

'blake you have no MEDIA LITERACY, of course Milton wasn't of the devil's party, don't you know that he was a CHRISTIAN????'

And if you dare to suggest otherwise, they’ll just tell you that “you didn’t understand it! :feels:

literally who gives a shit about whatever 'depth' these filmmakers or authors have? it's not like these are masterpieces of art which have any highly sophisticated message
people can just enjoy art without making reference to the author's 'moral,' morals are for children
High IQ. Anything that’s morally ambiguous fucks with their heads. They have to boil it down to one simplified explanation (which also happens to be politically correct, like every time).

They actually expose their own low IQ by assuming everyone who consumes a piece of entertainment has to mindlessly agree or watch it for the message its creators gave it. Yes, we know the intended point the creators had but it doesn't mean we don't relate to or see certain characters as cool, nor do we necessarily agree with the point.

'no goyim the giant bugs are the good guys, the film is an analogy about how fascism is bad because it kills large bugs'

This.

They actually expose their own low IQ by assuming everyone who consumes a piece of entertainment has to mindlessly agree or watch it for the message its creators gave it. Yes, we know the intended point the creators had but it doesn't mean we don't relate to or see certain characters as cool, nor do we necessarily agree with the point.

They actually expose their own low IQ by assuming everyone who consumes a piece of entertainment has to mindlessly agree or watch it for the message its creators gave it.
I think a lot of it is a western thing. The idea of it having one definitive narrative that we all have to mindlessly agree on is peak western ideology. The way Americans discern art is: you have to consume and appreciate every little thing that tries to hammer home “the message.”

I think a lot of it is a western thing. The idea of it having one definitive narrative that we all have to mindlessly agree on is peak western ideology. The way Americans discern art is: you have to consume and appreciate every little thing that tries to hammer home “the message.”
No, that's just how humans work. It's tribalism. It's always been that way.

No, that's just how humans work. It's tribalism. It's always been that way.
I wouldn’t be so sure of it if non-western slops weren’t so open to interpretation but yeah, maybe you’re right. It’s this weird elysian sense that something has to always have a bigger picture with human beings.

Anything that’s morally ambiguous fucks with their heads. They have to boil it down to one simplified explanation (which also happens to be politically correct, like every time).
TV Tropes is a good example of this, extremely cucked website

Joker shows how fucked up society is, and that one single sparkle in the machine can spread in the eyes of millions of oppressed people.

I related hard to the Joker.

He's a retard.
He's poor.
He gets bullied.
No one cares about him.
He daydreams about having a girlfriend.
He daydreams about being cool and accepted in society.

He's literally me. I loved the movie.

Too bad they will ruin everything with Joker 2. Literally everything I've heard about that movie is bad.

"It only takes one bad day to turn the sanest man into a lunatic" Based movie and joker went ER:feelsokman:

Even if i think Joker is just a fun comic book movie, i agree with this opinion that people should have their own interpretation of shit unless it's made in such a way that can't be seen in any other way than the one intended.

Any respectable artist understands that art is about what you take away from it. These tards would crumble if they applied the same logic to artists they disagree with
HRZn7Iwc6b4cl6B7glm_P942QCRKeMNBqDCLBvtQU3M.jpg

It's the same logic as "ehm akshually a wahmen created the word incel so how can women not be incel"-crowd. I don't give a shit what was meant by a movie, who created it, how much they hate white people, if they accidentally made something very based I'll like the movie.

It's just sad that I can't see their stupid face as I laugh at them while explaining this. They think it's such a good argument "ehm akshually the matrix was created by trannies so you love trannies if you love the Matrix" uhh no I don't love trannies and I do like the matrix and you'll never be a woman, pedofaggot.