Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Incel Trait: You tried avoiding getting glasses when you were younger.

Incelius Savage

Incelius Savage

The Godfather of Inceldom and Suffering in Life
-
I remember i was like 8-9 when street lights first started getting blurry for me. I used to sit in the back of the class and couldnt make a word out on the board without squinting. Even the teacher called on me to read something on the projector board and because i was shy and afraid to tell the truth i tried reading the words out and she took me as a smartass like i was messing the words up on purpose. I guess i did it to look cool. She said “class we arent doing this now since incelius wants to act that way”

Eventually my mother called and and they moved me to the front of the class but i still could barely see.

But eventually i had to get glasses cuz i couldnt make out anything on the eye chart board. I remember i held back from wearing them for a few days but finally brought them to school and put them on and my oneitis inside laughed cuz even she knew it was over for me.

Glasses = death sentence.

Last edited:
Hurtful unscientific comments from people of same age saying $hit like, 'You need glasses because you look at screens too often' messed with my head. Doubles down on an already negative experience.

No. It was one of my favorite experiences.

I stopped wearing mine when I was around 10. Back then, the lenses needed for my poor eyesight were so damn thick and I looked like such a fucking dork. I stopped wearing them, and suffered with occasional headaches, sensitivity to lights, and generally a difficult time reading from like 5 feet away from me. It wasn't until highschool that I finally got a prescription for contact lens.

Nowadays, I wear contacts daily, but I still have a pair of glasses that I'll occasionally wear if my eyes are dry.

I stopped wearing mine when I was around 10. Back then, the lenses needed for my poor eyesight were so damn thick and I looked like such a fucking dork. I stopped wearing them, and suffered with occasional headaches, sensitivity to lights, and generally a difficult time reading from like 5 feet away from me. It wasn't until highschool that I finally got a prescription for contact lens.

Nowadays, I wear contacts daily, but I still have a pair of glasses that I'll occasionally wear if my eyes are dry.
I guess the reason i was so shy is because i didn’t have a father to uplift me and encourage me in life, instead i had a schizophrenic mentally ill single mother who collected food stamps and welfare off us.

I guess the reason i was so shy is because i didn’t have a father to uplift me and encourage me in life, instead i had a schizophrenic mentally ill single mother who collected food stamps and welfare off us.

Brutal. My father was always present in my life, and although he was encouraging and generally well-liked by most people, and extroverted. He sort of "gave up" on me before he died when I was 23. What I mean is. I seriously think that he knew that I would struggle in life socially and especially with women.

Some times I'm glad he's gone, so as not to see how much of a social pariah I've actually become.