Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Incel trait: No talents

Vlone

Vlone

$, first time user here, been on forums for a year
★★
Remember in school the age old icebreaker question about "Your name and one special talent you have"? I was absolutely never able to answer that question and usually gave some retarded answer about eating or something.

I was thinking about it and I have absolutely 0 unique or special talents. The most I can say for myself is I'm above average in video games, intelligence, and maybe a couple other things. However, through my whole life there has never been something that I'm good at.

I'm also an utterly talentless hack. You're not alone, opie. This is a genuine incel trait.

@Vlone You joined exactly one month before me we're like sisters or someting :feelsahh:

I have zero talents or things I am above average in

This is truest of truest incel trait. Talent is a very good cope but I don't have it, unfortunately.

Can relate.

I wish my parents had taught me a craft or a job since childhood, or motivated me to do some sports or some other outdoors activity. If I could reproduce, I would teach the kid a thing or two about my hobbies or my future job (if I ever escape wageslavery) so to give the kid a sense of meaning or belonging.

I don't see the correlation to being ugly, I don't remember the name but there was a turkish incel who was really smart and good at many things, I truly respected him. Just because you are ugly doesn't mean you are bad at stuff so I wouldn't say it's an incel trait. I play many instruments and speak a lot of languages, you should learn something too, not because "cope" or to statusmaxx or something, but because you truly enjoy it and it makes you happy

Talented incels are still incels.

I don't see the correlation to being ugly, I don't remember the name but there was a turkish incel who was really smart and good at many things, I truly respected him. Just because you are ugly doesn't mean you are bad at stuff so I wouldn't say it's an incel trait. I play many instruments and speak a lot of languages, you should learn something too, not because "cope" or to statusmaxx or something, but because you truly enjoy it and it makes you happy

I have to agree on that. It's always good to learn new things for the pleasure of doing them, regardless of inceldom. But what I felt from OP's post is that having a skill your peers appreciate or need but don't have or having a talent(a natural inclination to success in a specific area) is in a way neither "cope" nor statusmaxxing, but actually a good tool for "fitting in" or socialcirclemaxxing. Two good ways of attracting people and keeping them close are: being someone to whom they aspire to be equal or meeting their needs in some sense.

With this in mind, accumulating knowledge and different tastes and experiences, even if you really enjoy it are not moving you into interaction with others as they are things you usually enjoy alone. Also, positive feedback from others gives a boost in motivation as they give you a feeling of belonging. Interest in lonely activities, if motivated solely on the person's pleasure or satisfaction with said activities, tend to fade with time. Has ever ocurred to you that for some time you're interested in subject X, but months later your new interest in Y starts to take the time for the previous one?

That happened to me a lot. Lack of talent or skill is not necessarily related to inceldom, but I think it may affect a large number of incels.

This is true. I have no special talents whatsoever. I'm okay at Donkey Kong, but that's about it. It just compounds my own sense of uselessness and worthlessness, tbh, and seems fitting.

Talent gets you status. Status can get you women, even if lacking in other areas. So it makes complete sense that talentlessness is an incel trait.

Has ever ocurred to you that for some time you're interested in subject X, but months later your new interest in Y starts to take the time for the previous one?
Not really, I make time for everything I love and I don't leave stuff back. I get what you say about people but I think that counts as statusmaxxing, at least the way I see it. I've taken many courses and I am usually better than the rest of the class at most things I do, yet that never helped me at making friends, maybe I have the worst social skills ever.

Not really, I make time for everything I love and I don't leave stuff back. I get what you say about people but I think that counts as statusmaxxing, at least the way I see it. I've taken many courses and I am usually better than the rest of the class at most things I do, yet that never helped me at making friends, maybe I have the worst social skills ever.

It seems you don't lack self discipline. I tried teaching myself other languages but never improved beyond beginner level. Same with philosophy, which I suspect might be another interest of yours. Do you think your interest in this areas would be any different if they actually made you more socially 'included' or even statusmaxxed? What if they brought possible job-related benefits and not just friendship/romance related prospects?

memory problems due to side effects of meds have little talent but i can fix cars when i am not buzzed out on meds and can be a real smartass at times as well as i am good at video games and i can cope with long periods of stress, and one weird trait is when i am so angry past the point of rage i can create art not sure why but when calm i can,t create a thing and i like photography

not true.

I know several talented truecels

It seems you don't lack self discipline. I tried teaching myself other languages but never improved beyond beginner level. Same with philosophy, which I suspect might be another interest of yours. Do you think your interest in this areas would be any different if they actually made you more socially 'included' or even statusmaxxed? What if they brought possible job-related benefits and not just friendship/romance related prospects?
I do lack self discipline but if I really like something I don't need to make an effort to do it everyday. You know, most people don't need discipline to use social media, I think is the same principle with me, but I am very lazy if I don't like something but I have to do it anyway and it's very hard for me to be disciplined :feelsbadman:
Yes, I love philosophy. To answer your question I don't think my interest would change if they help me climb the social ladder because I put my feelings first and everything else is secondary, if it was something that would help me achieve success but I don't like maybe I would try it but it would be harder for me to be disciplined.
As far as languages are concerned, it's easy to me because I learn pretty fast and it makes me happy to make progress so it becomes some sort of obsession. English is the only language I kind of suck at because I never liked it so I never studied it. I may help you trying to focus on what you have learned so far so it makes you want to learn more

Last edited:
The most I can say for myself is I'm above average in video games, intelligence, and maybe a couple other things.
Mogs me. All I do is play video games and I'm utter trash at them. Also dumb as bricks. I'm literally bad at everything

Not even rotting is my talent, because I have to slave the whole day

I have a talent

making foid's pussy dry up.