Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Incel trait: maladaptive daydreaming

StepyAkermanskie

StepyAkermanskie

Philosophymaxxer and whitepill enjoyer
★★★
Title. In most cases it starts as a way to cope with the harsh reality, but it can also be a way of escaping from some trauma. In my case I started to daydream in the primary school, because I was tired of the real world (my toxic family and bullying at school, although it stopped later after I have beaten one of the bullies), but to this day sometimes I am "turning myself off" in Uni class, free time etc without much control

Yeah I daydream constantly to escape my reality.

I thought I was the only one suffering from maladaptive daydreaming. Maladaptive daydreaming destroys lives. I want to escape from this, but I just can't. I've been pacing up and down the room laughing and playing music all day. I'm so desperate to escape, but I'm willing to risk the shame and ask Reddit for help (r/maladaptive daydreaming), but they don't have any solutions either. I need to turn off the damn music and study, but I just can't do it.

I'm a huge daydreamer. I wish I could just NEET living with a working tall blonde girlfriend who buys even a car like some 2008 BMW just like they do for chad who occassionally even brag from something like that on the internet. That would be serene especially when I couldn't get a job again yesterday.

I thought I was the only one suffering from maladaptive daydreaming. Maladaptive daydreaming destroys lives. I want to escape from this, but I just can't. I've been pacing up and down the room laughing and playing music all day. I'm so desperate to escape, but I'm willing to risk the shame and ask Reddit for help (r/maladaptive daydreaming), but they don't have any solutions either. I need to turn off the damn music and study, but I just can't do it.
Sorry to hear that, maybe try some meditating, because in case of maladaptive daydreaming I heard that it can help to control it more later

Same thing that happens with me, I have Adhd so that dosen't help either, all of it fucking sucks.

Sorry to hear that, maybe try some meditating, because in case of maladaptive daydreaming I heard that it can help to control it more later

You're a good poster.

I can't control my daydreams. Never have been able to. I've failed several classes because I can't make myself focus no matter how much I try

I maladaptive day dream everyday. Its harsh

Ironically, it started for me with being a fan of alternate history.
If I can escape into a timeline where things aren't so shit, my brain does - I can't help that.

Now my mind creates elaborate fantasy worlds where I have friends, a social life, I go out, I'm valued and liked by others. I become completely immersed in an alternate reality that does not exist.

It's automatic and meshes automatically.

Systematic variations of the block design task were given to 20 autistic, 33 normal and 12 mildly retarded subjects. Designs were contrasted which were either "whole" or segmented, rotated or unrotated, and which did or did not contain obliques. Only segmentation, but neither of the spatial orientation factors, revealed a significant group difference. Autistic subjects, regardless of age and ability, performed better than controls when presented with unsegmented designs. This result suggests that they need less of the normally required effort to segment a gestalt, and thus supports the hypothesis of weak central coherence as a characteristic of information processing in autism.

Systemizing is genetically correlated with autism and is genetically distinct from social autistic traits​

The hypersystemizing theory of autism suggests that autistic individuals, on average, have superior attention to detail, and a stronger drive to systemize. Systemizing involves identifying input-operation-output relationships. Here, we report the results of genome-wide association studies (GWAS) of systemizing measured using the Systemizing Quotient - Revised in n = 51,564 individuals. We identify three genome-wide significant loci: Two of these were significant in the non-stratified GWAS: rs4146336 on chromosome 3 (P = 2.58×10−8) and rs1559586 on chromosome 18 (P = 4.78×10−8). In addition, we also identified a significant locus in the males-only GWAS (rs8005092 on chromosome 14, P = 3.74×10−8). We find that 12%± 1.2 of the variance in systemizing is captured by SNPs (P=1.2×10−20). We identify a positive genetic correlation between autism and systemizing (rg = 0.26±0.06; P = 3.35×10−5), which is independent of genetic contribution to educational attainment. We further demonstrate that genetic risk for autism from systemizing is genetically distinct from genetic risk emerging from social autistic traits, suggesting distinct shared genetics between autism and social and non-social traits. Our results highlight the importance of considering both social and non-social autistic traits in elucidating the genetic architecture of autism.
These initial clinical observations have been quantified using different measures. For example, on a self-report measure of systemizing (the Systemizing Quotient – Revised, or the SQ-R)4, autistic adults, on average, score significantly higher than non-autistic individuals4,5. The same pattern of results is seen in autistic children, using the parent-report version of the SQ6. Systemizing is also highly correlated with aptitude in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)7. Fathers and grandfathers of children with autism are significantly overrepresented in the field of engineering8. The same is true of mothers9. This is in line with higher rates of autism in geographical regions that have higher rates of people working in fields such as information technology, like Eindhoven in the Netherlands10. Further, autistic individuals are more likely to enrol in STEM majors (34.31%) compared to the general population (22.8%) and other learning disabilities (18.6%)11. STEM professionals also score significantly higher on measures of autistic traits (mean = 21.92, SD = 8.92) compared non-STEM professionals (mean = 18.92, SD = 8.48)12. Finally, unpublished work from Sweden suggests that high technical IQ in fathers increases risk for autism in children. A few studies have also investigated systemizing in other psychiatric traits and conditions, including schizotypy13 and anorexia nervosa14.

Rs8005092 Systemizing