Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Incel trait: Fucked up sleep.

VideoGameCoper

VideoGameCoper

Admiral
I believe an underrated struggle of inceldom is how difficult it is to sleep. My mind is so fucked up from all the loneliness, touch starvation, and other problems in my life that my brain refuses to shut down to let me sleep. It also doesn’t help that I have other chronic physical health issues too and have to take medications that make insomnia worse. Lately it has been taking me 1-2 hours it’s to fall asleep and I wake up around 2-3 times a night. The night before last I only was able to sleep I hour and barely made it through the day. I was so tired I fell asleep almost instantly, but my shitty body woke me up after only 4 hours and I took an hour to get back to sleep. I woke up again a half hour later. I am absolutely exhausted and desperately need sleep, but so far after trying for four hours I STILL CAN’T FUCKING SLEEP. It’s so goddamn brutal and this insomnia is literally destroying my life. This lack of sleep prevents me from enjoying the few things I look forward to, like going to my parents cabin. You can’t enjoy anything when you are brutally overtired from not sleeping.

What are your health conditions?

I believe an underrated struggle of inceldom is how difficult it is to sleep. My mind is so fucked up from all the loneliness, touch starvation, and other problems in my life that my brain refuses to shut down to let me sleep. It also doesn’t help that I have other chronic physical health issues too and have to take medications that make insomnia worse. Lately it has been taking me 1-2 hours it’s to fall asleep and I wake up around 2-3 times a night. The night before last I only was able to sleep I hour and barely made it through the day. I was so tired I fell asleep almost instantly, but my shitty body woke me up after only 4 hours and I took an hour to get back to sleep. I woke up again a half hour later. I am absolutely exhausted and desperately need sleep, but so far after trying for four hours I STILL CAN’T FUCKING SLEEP. It’s so goddamn brutal and this insomnia is literally destroying my life. This lack of sleep prevents me from enjoying the few things I look forward to, like going to my parents cabin. You can’t enjoy anything when you are brutally overtired from not sleeping.
if i wake up i am up forever and it takes a long time for me to go to bed.

What are your health conditions?
I have low blood pressure and need to take a corticosteroid every day to keep my blood pressure normal. This medication is known to cause insomnia. I also have an intestinal condition that requires laxatives every day to keep my system going, and it causes bad burning pain in my gut sometimes.

if i wake up i am up forever and it takes a long time for me to go to bed.
Yeah, it’s the same way for me. When I wake up during the night I lie in bed for a long time before falling back asleep. That shit gets frustrating

I have low blood pressure and need to take a corticosteroid every day to keep my blood pressure normal. This medication is known to cause insomnia. I also have an intestinal condition that requires laxatives every day to keep my system going, and it causes bad burning pain in my gut sometimes.
My condolences brocel... :fuk:

i have periods where i only sleep once or twice in a week, aint fun

I have severe sleep apnea despite being ectomorphic framecel.

It's presumably caused by my recessed chin.

Yeah back in Highschool maybe.

1. Heres a few tips: Regulary go to sleep at 10 pm, Regulary wake up at either 5.30 am or 6 am in order to get 7-8 hours sleep.

2. Have the same sleep schedule all week.

3. Shower before you go to bed.

4. Use a Red light before going to sleep - was a game changer for me.

5. Stop doom scrolling before sleep.

6. Drink a cup of warm milk with honey at night.

7. Change your bed sheets every 7 days.

8. Always sleep at the same room - if possible do not have your TV or Computer setup in your room (unfortunately i do, since its just a 42 sqm Apartment)

9. Do a 10 minute night time workout - before you shower, I usually do this at 21:30.

10. Prepare for the next day - if your a NEET that step is irrelevant - have your clothes ready, know your morning schedule, get your stuff packed.

melatonin helps my shitty sleep

melatonin helps my shitty sleep
I try it sometimes to fall asleep, but it doesn’t help me stay asleep. I legit only sleep straight through a couple times a year, and it feels so amazing when it happens. Most of the time I wake up around 1-2 times each night no matter what I do

I have severe sleep apnea despite being ectomorphic framecel.

It's presumably caused by my recessed chin.
I used to have that too until I got this thing in my neck.

Now I have perfectly restful sleep. :feelsokman:

Brutal man, but didn't knew normies could sleep faster than inkwell but yeah we are just diffERent species at this point

Sleep is one of the few things I enjoy. I rarely have any trouble sleeping. The only negative aspect is that I often dream, and my dreams are usually miserable.

i wake up at 4pm

I sleep well as long as I don't eat 3 hours before bed.

My issue during the summer months is I want to stay up later and later because nights are comfy, so my sleeping schedule turns into 3-11am.

JFL, I'd rather have bad sleep than have a literal blowhole in my neck.

That said, I'm not fat, in fact I'm skinny, so I don't understand why I deserve this fate tbh. I should be able to sleep normally. God has cursed me.
Well other than the bad visual I can tell you it surprisingly doesn’t even feel like anything is there.

The only maintenancing I have to do is change the gauze every single day and replace the neck tie holding the contraption in place after I wash my face and hair and after some practice it’s all become simple enough but initially it was a nightmare and I needed help.

Brutal man, but didn't knew normies could sleep faster than inkwell but yeah we are just diffERent species at this point
We almost are different species. I believe it’s only natural that Mormons would sleep far better because their lives are better. They don’t have crippling loneliness keeping them awake. I also read somewhere that always sleeping alone like we do isn’t as good for sleep quality as cuddling up with a gf while you sleep. Human touch from a woman can literally release the happy chemicals in your brain and make you rest easier.