Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Incel Movie Review: Past Lives

Mayocel

Mayocel

Apostle of the Grey Pill
★★★
Introducing Past Lives: A movie that is both so cucked and blackpilled, it is physically painful to watch.
So we have a Korean guy having oneitis towards a girl that moves to U.S. in her childhood. Classic love story.
Past Lives Firstlove GIF by A24

He manages to contact her, basically confesses to her, then she drops him due to muh career, and fucks and marries a White guy for a greencard(literally, I'm not joking).
Past Lives Gretalee GIF by A24

The cucked part is that the Korean beta is a Korean GigaChang
while the "white" guy is a shlubby Jew.
Past Lives Nyc GIF by A24

The central theme of the movie is Fate in a Korean interpretation Buddhism, e.g. if you marry, it means you met 8000 times in past lives. It felt forced.

The rest of the movie is just the Korean guy crying to his oneitis and the viewer getting bashed over the head with "wow this is such a deconstruction, she ended up with a ugly jew instead of her childhood love!!"

I don't know how to rate it. On one hand, this is different from the usual Hollywood slop, but as someone who sees almost a 100 of international movies a year it seems pretentious.

You can tell it was a directorial debut, the Korean guy Teo Yoo is a terrific actor, but everything else feels lacking.

Last edited:
Sounds riveting

but as someone who sees almost a 100 of international movies a year it seems pretentious.
You weird. I snore through even one movie a year. If you're blackpilled, how can you watch movies like that? You can predict what will happen successfully.

I like books a little more because text doesn't have a jawline or blue eyes, so no looks halo that reveals how the story ends.

You weird. I snore through even one movie a year. If you're blackpilled, how can you watch movies like that? You can predict what will happen successfully.

I like books a little more because text doesn't have a jawline or blue eyes, so no looks halo that reveals how the story ends.
Tbh I don't often watch hollywood movies due to this reason.
There are hipster cinemas and festivals that exclusively show European and Asian indie movies.
Usually those have an unusual story structure and experimental cinematography which keeps going entertained.

Comparing slop like Marvel and something like The Zone of Interest, where the presentation itself tells a story of its's own is like comparing Twilight to Animal Farm.