Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I'm unable to concentrate on anything

• Thread starter Deleted member 11159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11159

Self-banned
-
I was never able to focus on my school work because it never seemed interesting to me, but I remember 4 years ago I was able to shut myself in my bedroom for an entire summer and happily play video-games, watch movies and shitpost all day, everyday. Now I cannot do that. Video games are boring and any movie I try to watch turns out to be shit or I just start thinking about something else while watching it and I end up losing track of what is happening.
When a family member tries speaking to me I go into autopilot mode and nod or say "yeah" every few seconds.
The only thing that is still relatively enjoyable is going to a restaurant in the early morning or late at night when there's no one there and eat (cope) in peace.

Inceldom is literally killing my brain cells :feelsrope:

tldr?

Seriously tho it must be pretty shit. I don't personally have that problem, but sometimes my experiences are similar to yours when I'm not really with it and feeling very depressed or tired that day. I can't imagine living like that my entire life, though.

Do you daydream OP?

I read somewhere that this happens when u fap too much

All the time about having a gf.
If you daydream a lot, about whatever you might have maladaptive daydreaming like I do. If you have it badly, shit can ruin your life and you won't be able to control your brain from daydreaming all the time. It's almost like OCD where your brain just cannot stay in the present and is always wanting to daydream.

Could explain why you can't concentrate on anything (ded srs) because I suffer from the same problem. It's a result of life not being stimulating enough or trauma, most likely the former due to isolation.

Try NoFap, seriously. It won't completely solve the problem but it does improve your attention-span by a lot. I used to have the same problem and it helped me a lot.
But you should also change your mindset a bit. You have to realise that things like videogames and movies were made for entertainment, if you try to force yourself and act like it's some task you have to complete, then of course you won't enjoy it. I used to keep a backlog of anime I wanted to watch and would treat it like something I had to get through which made me enjoy it less. Once I stopped doing that and treated it like a hobby and took my time with it, I could enjoy it again.

If you daydream a lot, about whatever you might have maladaptive daydreaming like I do. If you have it badly, shit can ruin your life and you won't be able to control your brain from daydreaming all the time. It's almost like OCD where your brain just cannot stay in the present and is always wanting to daydream.

Could explain why you can't concentrate on anything (ded srs) because I suffer from the same problem. It's a result of life not being stimulating enough or trauma, most likely the former due to isolation.

Idk bro, could be some sort of inferiority complex. In my early teens I used to daydream about becoming a great leader and taking rights away from femoids. Now I think about being a popular highschool jock in America, a richcel or just thinking about the past when things weren't so bad.

You’re missing out on sex, fun, etc. No surprise there.

Try NoFap, seriously. It won't completely solve the problem but it does improve your attention-span by a lot. I used to have the same problem and it helped me a lot.
But you should also change your mindset a bit. You have to realise that things like videogames and movies were made for entertainment, if you try to force yourself and act like it's some task you have to complete, then of course you won't enjoy it. I used to keep a backlog of anime I wanted to watch and would treat it like something I had to get through which made me enjoy it less. Once I stopped doing that and treated it like a hobby and took my time with it, I could enjoy it again.

I tried it before and although there were some improvements, I just daydreamed about fucking foids all the time, especially in class. Seeing a foid's ass was enough to set me off.

fV7EPJn.gif

You have depression