Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm thinking about giving up video games?

Serpents reign

Serpents reign

Mythic
★★★★★
I just think they are time wasters with no true purpose other than to entertain you in a virtual reality that doesn't exist it distracts me with at least trying to ascend I'm thinking about giving them up I do however watch a lot of streams from other people and I love to hear what they have to say

i've never been interested in videogames. they're only fun with friends and i dont have any

All copes get boring when you have nobody else and have to repeatedly do them alone.

They don't entertain me anymore

Only play older games and problem solved, the reality is that anything made since the mid 2010s is probably not worth your time, stick to the classic stuff

i've never been interested in videogames. they're only fun with friends and i dont have any
It sounds like you're likely referring to games like shooter co ops. I find that those games tend to be quite shallow. They're essentially pure gameplay.

You should try some single player, heavy story RPGs like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher.

Limit your usage sure but vidya is still better than doomscrolling

Only play older games and problem solved, the reality is that anything made since the mid 2010s is probably not worth your time, stick to the classic stuff
:yes:

I only play games released on Dreamcast and earlier, and at no point did I feel that I was wasting my time playing Sonic adventure, because every minute I spent on it allowed me to learn more about the lore, and the gameplay was gratifying because it offered a challenge unlike modern gaymes which are normie-friendly.

What else is there to do ?

It sounds like you're likely referring to games like shooter co ops. I find that those games tend to be quite shallow. They're essentially pure gameplay.

You should try some single player, heavy story RPGs like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher.
ill try them if i ever get a pc.

I've been playing videogames so much that when i close my eyes i can see the afterimage of the screen flickers because of refresh rate. videogames are trash nowadays they don't make me happy anymore. i only play the klassics only out of nostalgia

If they make you at least slightly happier then that's all that matters, mang. What else is there to do? There's the real life that is basically your job, hobbies and social life. But we all know how an incel's social life looks like, so why care? Normies technically waste their time all the time when going to parties and shit. It's virtual but we have nothing better to do, except maybe naturemaxxing or hobbies that are not virtual.

It's a hobby like anything else. Some people like to waste their time fishing.

i have a mac laptop.
Play Sid Meier's Civilization 6, mang. It's available on MacOS.

It's a good strategy game for incels. You can make all your opponents foids, then go to war with them :feelsdevil:

Pillage their cities, nuke their cities :feelsdevil: