Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm starting to think that my isolation and lack of social interaction has been a huge mistake.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I don't like interacting with people, I'm anxious being around them and since I was a kid I always wanted to just go home.

I still just want to be home and don't want friends, but being alone all the time... it does things to your mind. You get stuck in a certain cycle of thinking that's very hard to get out of. When people interact they usually influence each other, they uplift each other's moods. Being alone all the time makes it hard to get out of a depressive thought pattern.

Quite the pickle. I don't like interacting with people and at the same time being alone has made an anxious, depressed mess.

Was being alone wholly or even mostly actually your choice though?

When and why did you start isolating yourself from the others?

Was being alone wholly or even mostly actually your choice though?
It actually was largely my fault. I know it's hard to believe, but my entire life I've avoided people. For example, even in ~3rd grade, I gave somebody in my class my number, and when they called me I didn't answer. They even called me out on it. I did this kind of stuff all the time, until eventually of course I became a person nobody even wanted to call.
When and why did you start isolating yourself from the others?
By the time I was ~13/14 I was already depressed, never going out of the house except for school. Although at an earlier age kids don't even go out of the house that much, I was always alone in front of my PC even as a young child.

IKTF

I'm so fucking energy drained I'd do the LEAST necessarily. I'd stay on bed, lurking and shitposting for eternity, however time flies, and I don't wanna wake up a 35 y/o loser (although that's my destiny but the difference between being a hobo and living in trailer park are huge), so just gonna do the LEAST productive as I can go. Thx

It's called avoidant personality disorder boyo. Lots of mentalcels seem to have it.

I've gotten fed up with people in the past and chose to isolate myself due to being ostracized repeatedly, not being cool enough type bullying. The first week or so is great but we are social creatures and need social interaction in order to be healthy and happy.

It's better to deal with people.

Extroverts revel in social gatherings and need it for their energy, a massive benefit in our society. Introverts loose energy from social interactions despite its necessity, and they regain it from being alone. They each can become more like the other, but never fully

Last edited:
I enjoy being bymyself

It actually was largely my fault. I know it's hard to believe, but my entire life I've avoided people. For example, even in ~3rd grade, I gave somebody in my class my number, and when they called me I didn't answer. They even called me out on it. I did this kind of stuff all the time, until eventually of course I became a person nobody even wanted to call.

By the time I was ~13/14 I was already depressed, never going out of the house except for school. Although at an earlier age kids don't even go out of the house that much, I was always alone in front of my PC even as a young child.
It's not hard to believe. I think it's called an "avoidant personality". I did very similar things in my teenage when I prefered to play video games rather than confront myself with the real world, while other kids were playing hockey or other outside activities. In college it became worst. And I phone ghosted a lot of people too and lost quite some friends years after years, ending up almost friendless.

I thought the same too.

Now that I spend lots of time around other people at my work it's even worse being around other people. If you're not Chad and anyone notices anything different/socially awkward about you you're outcast, picked on and can potentially lose your job.

I can relate the only reason i ended up in a slightly better spot is because i have a sister ( quit ironic isn't it) who almost forced me to hang arround wither her friends which helped me a lot.

I can relate the only reason i ended up in a slightly better spot is because i have a sister ( quit ironic isn't it) who almost forced me to hang arround wither her friends which helped me a lot.
Why did she force you?

Are we the same person? I'm literally having the same epiphany as you. I got so used to playing on my computer alone, that I didn't want to be around other people most of the time.

Volcel tbhtbh

Extroverts revel in social gatherings and need it for their energy, a massive benefit in our society. Introverts loose energy from social interactions despite its necessity, and they regain it from being alone. They each can become more like the other, but never fully

Very true.

My solitude is my Sanctuary.
Being in a crowd, is like walking trough Hell itself.

Not to mention that if you're isolated as an adult, it's nearly impossible to fully recover from that. As finding a social circle when you have no connections at all is unreasonably difficult if you're not in school. Which isn't even getting into the difficulty of communicating normally after having been isolated for so long, and even finding the willpower to attempt to escape your comfort zone.

I'm the same, not the first time I can relate with you.
I don't know if there is a solution for people like us.

Yeh bro I feel your pain, am basically socially fucked at this point, and my social skills are getting worse

I think a lot of people can relate to that, I've been isolating myself from others for nearly my entire life. It's mainly because I simply do not enjoy social interaction but I suppose it's also a bit of fear of being hurt. It's easier to just avoid those kind of experiences than endure the mental anguish that can come from them.

I can actually be really talkative and extroverted when I meet people whose interests and personality match mine, the problem is that I rarely meet those kind of people. Most people I encounter are turbo-normalfags who only care about retarded trends so it's a bit hard to improve my social skills when I cannot "practice" them with people I actually like talking to.

Well then at this point you have to make a decision about your lifestyle. Myself and I'm sure others on this forum have found a way to make some peace with themselves being isolated (of course to an extent, I still get out of the house every couple of weeks for things besides work and food).

If you can't make peace with that, then you have to go out and try to socialize or do something outside your PC that interests you. Unless you want to rope within the next couple of years, doing nothing about your situation will only lead to that.

I don't like interacting with people and at the same time being alone has made an anxious, depressed mess.
that's my mind since i was 24 and it never goes away

Im always alone, everyone ive tried to befriend has rejected me, fuck this world

i just came back from watching a movie with 2 work mates on friday night, and honestly, i think it all comes down to luck.
it was stupid and boring and has absolutely done nothing for my mental state, or put me any closer to any girls.

it really just comes down to dumb luck and maybe a few mm of bone, whether you will succeed and be happy or not.

which is still unacceptable.

why can't i bash in some retarded zoomer's face and take his 17 year old gf that walks around with G-cups sticking out of her sun dress. he's done fuck all to get her and can do fuck all to defend his prize.

it's just dumb luck. and you're supposed to deal with it.

You have to blame your parents man. I can relate with you , not at 100% but I was terrible depressed and never my parents send me to spycologist or with my problems with my acne they never send me to a dermathologist, I think your parents are the ones to blame more.

i just came back from watching a movie with 2 work mates on friday night, and honestly, i think it all comes down to luck.
it was stupid and boring and has absolutely done nothing for my mental state, or put me any closer to any girls.

it really just comes down to dumb luck and maybe a few mm of bone, whether you will succeed and be happy or not.

which is still unacceptable.

why can't i bash in some retarded zoomer's face and take his 17 year old gf that walks around with G-cups sticking out of her sun dress. he's done fuck all to get her and can do fuck all to defend his prize.

it's just dumb luck. and you're supposed to deal with it.

Not to mention that if you're isolated as an adult, it's nearly impossible to fully recover from that. As finding a social circle when you have no connections at all is unreasonably difficult if you're not in school. Which isn't even getting into the difficulty of communicating normally after having been isolated for so long, and even finding the willpower to attempt to escape your comfort zone.
This.

Plus when you are old you will suddenly realize you need help! If you can't afford to buy such help you're doomed. Because no one will give enough shit about you to help for free!

The thing a lot of Incels are missing - besides love - is "social capital."

To gain social capital you have to invest TIME. And the older you get, the less time you - and everyone else - has for building this vital thing.

In the old days there was this thing called, "community." Today it's like starving dogs fighting over a rabbit roadkill. Instead of working together to run up enough rabbits for everyone.

We have been divided to our smallest unit. The individual. It's all about selfies and getting an extra slice of the pie.

Get OUT!
IN REAL LIFE!
While you still can! While you still have...

Time.