Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I’m so hurt I’m listening to gospel music

• Thread starter Rabbi Schneerson
  • Start date
Rabbi Schneerson

Rabbi Schneerson

I <3 Ice Spice
★★★★★
Title : gospel music makes me feel not lonely

But Rabbi, why would God make me an ugly subhuman with a high propensity to kill themselves?

based
God remembers us.

But Rabbi, why would God make me an ugly subhuman with a high propensity to kill themselves?
I don’t think our physical appearances have anything to do with god

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI5Y9l2NHIo

The liturgical season of The Passion is upon us again and I find myself appreciating once more how the numinous allegory of The Passion was presenced in liturgical music from the Graduale Christus Factus Est to Vittoria’s Popule meus, quid feci tibi – Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός, Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός, Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος, ἐλέησον ἡμᾶς – to Scarlatti’s Stabat Mater to JS Bach’s St John and Matthew Passions. And I reminded so movingly of – when a monk – singing Tenebrae amid the flickering then extinguished light of candles…

So much human suffering for so many millennia which the allegory of The Passion of Jesus of Nazareth reminded so many of, century after century; as it reminded me several times in the depths of myself. In comparison with such numinous music, liturgical and otherwise, what is my own wordy weltanschauung worth?

Very little it now seems to me, if anything at all.