Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

im so fucking bored of all the games

• Thread starter blackbabooneykiller
  • Start date
blackbabooneykiller

blackbabooneykiller

Anti-hedonistic-utilitarian DESTROYER
Im going to be the first human being on dying of boredom

'anything that feels good is good and should be done repeatedly' -you frequently, before anhedonia makes you rope in 2 years time

'anything that feels good is good and should be done repeatedly' -you frequently, before anhedonia makes you rope in 2 years time
I explained multiple times my shit yet you misrepresent it. Also i never said such thing

I explained multiple times my shit yet you misrepresent it. Also i never said such thing
i didn't misrepresent it, that was literally the title, and the contents of the thread we're both speaking about

i don't get how you have confidence in your thoughts when you're so mind numbingly stupid your own posts contradict one another
'i am a hedonist and anti hedonists are cucked'
'im bored with all my games'
JFL
if i were you i'd just type out those thoughts, realize they were stupid and delete them, yet you subject others to your retarded opinions
i am not even anti hedonist, you just have no clue how adaptation works

i don't get how you have confidence in your thoughts when you're so mind numbingly stupid your own posts contradict one another
'i am a hedonist and anti hedonists are cucked'
'im bored with all my games'
JFL
if i were you i'd just type out those thoughts, realize they were stupid and delete them, yet you subject others to your retarded opinions
i am not even anti hedonist, you just have no clue how adaptation works
you are confusing hedonism with folk hedonism. im not going to explain philosophic shit im not no ones teacher

When the term “hedonism” is used in modern literature, or by non-philosophers in their everyday talk, its meaning is quite different from the meaning it takes when used in the discussions of philosophers. Non-philosophers tend to think of a hedonist as a person who seeks out pleasure for themselves without any particular regard for their own future well-being or for the well-being of others. According to non-philosophers, then, a stereotypical hedonist is someone who never misses an opportunity to indulge of the pleasures of sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll, even if the indulgences are likely to lead to relationship problems, health problems, regrets, or sadness for themselves or others. Philosophers commonly refer to this everyday understanding of hedonism as “Folk Hedonism.” Folk Hedonism is a rough combination of Motivational Hedonism, Hedonistic Egoism, and a reckless lack of foresight.

@laanda
Hedonistic Utilitarianism is the theory that the right action is the one that produces (or is most likely to produce) the greatest net happiness for all concerned. Hedonistic Utilitarianism is often considered fairer than Hedonistic Egoism because the happiness of everyone involved (everyone who is affected or likely to be affected) is taken into account and given equal weight. Hedonistic Utilitarians, then, tend to advocate not stealing from needy orphans because to do so would usually leave the orphan far less happy and the (probably better-off) thief only slightly happier (assuming he felt no guilt). Despite treating all individuals equally, Hedonistic Utilitarianism is still seen as objectionable by some because it assigns no intrinsic moral value to justice, friendship, truth, or any of the many other goods that are thought by some to be irreducibly valuable. For example, a Hedonistic Utilitarian would be morally obliged to publicly execute an innocent friend of theirs if doing so was the only way to promote the greatest happiness overall. Although unlikely, such a situation might arise if a child was murdered in a small town and the lack of suspects was causing large-scale inter-ethnic violence. Some philosophers argue that executing an innocent friend is immoral precisely because it ignores the intrinsic values of justice, friendship, and possibly truth.

Hedonistic Utilitarianism is rarely endorsed by philosophers, but mainly because of its reliance on Prudential Hedonism as opposed to its utilitarian element. Non-hedonistic versions of utilitarianism are about as popular as the other leading theories of right action, especially when it is the actions of institutions that are being considered.

also you won't be the first because if you knew a shred of philosophy you'd know humans adapt to their surroundings and this has been written about for thousands of years

the biggest idiots can never see their own idiocy. The fact you don't even accept this thread contradicts the one I've been quoting is insane bias

also you won't be the first because if you knew a shred of philosophy you'd know humans adapt to their surroundings and this has been written about for thousands of years
Im aware of hedonic treadmill tolerance etc. Neuroscience stuff. Im just saying im bored because my pleasure receptors are fried. but my philosophy is hedonistic utilitarianism

you can claim that but your own words contradict it :feelsjuice:
It is not a lie what i said. Pleasure is intrinsically good and pain intrinsically bad.

Im aware of hedonic treadmill tolerance etc. Neuroscience stuff. Im just saying im bored because my pleasure receptors are fried. but my philosophy is hedonistic utilitarianism
Pleasure is intrinsically good. Pain is intrinsically bad. This is the hedonist philosophy. Argue back if you disagree.
make a single comment on this contradiction before you reply again

It is not a lie what i said. Pleasure is intrinsically good and pain intrinsically bad.
so you're aware of the hedonistic treadmill, your pleasure receptors are fried, you admit both of these things, you're bored of all your games, and funnily enough your philosophy isn't actually hedonistic utilitarianism because you don't care about other peoples hedony and only ever post about yourself. And you think there is nothing wrong with the idea that pleasure is intrinsically good. What a fucking giant retard I can't believe you can't admit you are stupid. Oh wait yes I can believe that. Because you're prioritizing not looking dumb on the internet over actually being correct, which is something copers do. Lmao.

make a single comment on this contradiction before you reply again
It is not a contradiction. The fact that pleasure is intrinsically good and pain is intrinsically bad doesnt contradict that the human brain is designed in a way you cant get pleasure surplus.

It is not a contradiction. The fact that pleasure is intrinsically good and pain is intrinsically bad doesnt contradict that the human brain is designed in a way you cant get pleasure surplus.
i'll lay this out very simply for your walnut brain: Pleasure cannot be intrinsically good if you're admitting it fried your dopamine receptors to the point you can't even find a game you find enjoyable. That means abusing pleasure led to something bad. In your own life.
You simply refuse to be wrong on the internet because it would hurt your feelings

so you're aware of the hedonistic treadmill, your pleasure receptors are fried, you admit both of these things, you're bored of all your games, and funnily enough your philosophy isn't actually hedonistic utilitarianism because you don't care about other peoples hedony and only ever post about yourself. And you think there is nothing wrong with the idea that pleasure is intrinsically good. What a fucking giant retard I can't believe you can't admit you are stupid. Oh wait yes I can believe that. Because you're prioritizing not looking dumb on the internet over actually being correct, which is something copers do. Lmao.
Holy shit im not going to a fucking formal logical arguement. I was trying to engage with you respectfully yet you come and insult me calling me retard etc. You can go fuck yourself anti hedonistic scum hopefully shot by a firing squad of 12 gauge mossbergs pointing at your abdomen to cut you in half, in arma 3.

Holy shit im not going to a fucking formal logical arguement.
:yes:i agree, your logic is bad.

If your only point you have left is that you 'were being respectful and I was heckin mean' then you really do find it impossible to be wrong on the internet no matter how stupid you are being

i'll lay this out very simply for your walnut brain: Pleasure cannot be intrinsically good if you're admitting it fried your dopamine receptors to the point you can't even find a game you find enjoyable. That means abusing pleasure led to something bad. In your own life.
You simply refuse to be wrong on the internet because it would hurt your feelings
Again insulting. get fucking shot by a firing squad you fucking scumbag.

Again insulting. get fucking shot by a firing squad you fucking scumbag.

you're simultaneously ignoring the point and insulting me because i proved you wrong
could you be more of a hypocrite

if you can't prove this wrong then you were incorrect and should face it and if you won't then i'll stop
Pleasure cannot be intrinsically good if you're admitting it fried your dopamine receptors to the point you can't even find a game you find enjoyable. That means abusing pleasure led to something bad. In your own life.

Thats a logical fallacy called Ad silentio. im not going to engage more with scum so get lost
are you saying you committed that fallacy because that's what I said you did, you ignored my point. Meanwhile I engaged every one of your arguments, lol

last point, this is the gaming subforum, not the 'i'm a giant retard who doesn't know how adaptation works' subforum, put it in ID next time, this is an incel problem after all.
what were you hoping for someone to randomly suggest a game that beats anhedonia? Or just to discuss how you don't like games, in a gaming subforum?
Actually, final point, you're the biggest example I've ever seen of googling terminology to sound smart, but not applying it correctly. You don't know what hedonistic utilitarianism is and if you even read the description properly, you'd know you are infact the folk hedonist because the only point in your philosophy is 'pleasure = good' :feelstastyman: which is what hedonistic utilitarianism rises above to instead come to a form of social commentary, because it's a philosophy, not a zoomer buzzword for you to use to excuse your own actions. Lol

well, this thread was interesting xD

well, this thread was interesting xD
Yeah :feelskek:

Was about to recommend something before I read the responses here and just backed away slowly, questioning my entire existence.

How about try some new genres of games? Or even return to something like Arcade games Mame/Teknoparrot can play a lot of them now.

games are boring tbh

many of them are basically just a series of chores

Jfl

Reading threads like these really makes you wonder how the fuck did I ever end up here

Im going to be the first human being on dying of boredom
Get the fuck out of your comfort and try new games with emulator if you don't want to spend money play games like persona or smt 4