Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I'm in an abusive relationship with x64 assembly

IngsocSimp

IngsocSimp

Officer
★★
I find x64 strangely addictive yet I shouldn't. It is hugely inconvenient, difficult to read, and an inefficient use of my time compared with something like c. I spent some 8 hours last night trying to debug a minor issue in my program I'm making with it that would've taken minutes in c.

But this feeling of having total control over the computer on a hardware level, and being able to speak with it on its own terms and understand what's happening in it, it's so satisfying. It's like the computer equivalent of driving a truck on manual or something. It's so... raw and authentic.

What you think about arm assembly
I don't know enough about it to say my feelings on it with any certainty, although I've heard risc-based architectures are designed so they best work with assembly code while x86/x64 is meant to be compiled to from a higher level language. As such I would be interested in learning more about arm/risc assembly, but the info I have tried to find on it is scarce on the web.

I find x64 strangely addictive yet I shouldn't. It is hugely inconvenient, difficult to read, and an inefficient use of my time compared with something like c. I spent some 8 hours last night trying to debug a minor issue in my program I'm making with it that would've taken minutes in c.

But this feeling of having total control over the computer on a hardware level, and being able to speak with it on its own terms and understand what's happening in it, it's so satisfying. It's like the computer equivalent of driving a truck on manual or something. It's so... raw and authentic.
Based ITcel
What language would you recommend for fellow ITcels like myself
I'm tryna get the bag cuhz and there are a lot of choices, many choices, Analysis Paralysis

Based ITcel
What language would you recommend for fellow ITcels like myself
I'm tryna get the bag cuhz and there are a lot of choices, many choices, Analysis Paralysis
For making applications/programs that are actually useful to people (e.g. games or software used by non-computer experts), java. For web-browser stuff, html and javascript. For low-level programming (stuff more related to the hardware of the computer itself), C. Python is best for learning the basics but isn't extremely useful beyond that.

C is pretty much just "assembly without the bullshit." It's capable of just about anything you'd use assembly for but it's much easier to program in, additionally linux and all the software it uses to manage hardware is coded in C and is meant to be communicated with via a C program (although other languages can be used but it's clunky and requires some patchwork so to speak).

I'd recommend starting with python, then going to C, then Java, then Javascript.

Last edited:
For making applications/programs that are actually useful to people (e.g. games or software used by non-computer experts), java. For web-browser stuff, html and javascript. For low-level programming (stuff more related to the hardware of the computer itself), C.

C is pretty much just "assembly without the bullshit." It's capable of just about anything you'd use assembly for but it's much easier to program in, additionally linux and all the software it uses to manage hardware is coded in C and is meant to be communicated with via a C program (although other languages can be used but it's clunky and requires some patchwork so to speak).
Interesting I thought games and software should be made in C++/C# or something like that
About the web browser, I thought about using React but Idek If I wanna go into web shit I don't think It has a good future
C is good for the stuff you said I mean you seem way more experienced than me so yeah

Interesting I thought games and software should be made in C++/C# or something like that
About the web browser, I thought about using React but Idek If I wanna go into web shit I don't think It has a good future
C is good for the stuff you said I mean you seem way more experienced than me so yeah
C++ and c# are used because they have these features called, "classes," and, "objects," which are basically how various entities in games are described to the computer (e.g. enemies, vehicles, items). C# also has cross-compatibility by basically turning code into a "common language" that different types of computers can understand with their own "translators".

Both of these languages are used in popular game engines which is a huge reason why they're recommended for game development. Not sure why they're always chosen though.

Java, in my opinion, is better for coding a game from scratch. It has a better quality and more widespread cross-compatibility than c#. Additionally Java code doesn't go obsolete anywhere near as fast as C#'s. C#'s goes out of date very quickly because kikerosoft is constantly changing its features and inner workings. Java also has classes and objects just like C++ and C#, although it's a bit slower because of how it handles the cross-compatibility, compared to C#. Java code doesn't run straight on the computer, but instead a sort of "simulated computer" that's the same on every computer that has Java regardless of hardware. A big thing Java has going for it is that it has so many more features built into it right out of the box. Unlike C++ for instance, it can produce graphical programs without needing any extra stuff downloaded additionally.

Note that Minecraft, the best selling game of all time, was coded in (and runs in) Java. So don't be closed off to using it. Java is very good for making games despite what people tell you.

I don't know too much about react and webdev. I haven't paid it much attention. But I do know that browser cross-compatibility is as good as, if not better than even Java. So a website or browser program you write will run on any computer that has that browser.

Funny enough I've only been learning programming seriously for about a year. And it only took me about 4 months to go from my first hello world program in python to writing working c++ programs. Within another 3 I was writing simple graphical programs in Java. Keep in mind I wasn't even spending that much time learning it. If you really put your mind to it and study it constantly, you could become very adept at multiple programming languages very quickly.

C++ and c# are used because they have these features called, "classes," and, "objects," which are basically how various entities in games are described to the computer (e.g. enemies, vehicles, items). C# also has cross-compatibility by basically turning code into a "common language" that different types of computers can understand with their own "translators".

Both of these languages are used in popular game engines which is a huge reason why they're recommended for game development. Not sure why they're always chosen though.

Java, in my opinion, is better for coding a game from scratch. It has a better quality and more widespread cross-compatibility than c#. Additionally Java code doesn't go obsolete anywhere near as fast as C#'s. C#'s goes out of date very quickly because kikerosoft is constantly changing its features and inner workings. Java also has classes and objects just like C++ and C#, although it's a bit slower because of how it handles the cross-compatibility, compared to C#. Java code doesn't run straight on the computer, but instead a sort of "simulated computer" that's the same on every computer that has Java regardless of hardware. A big thing Java has going for it is that it has so many more features built into it right out of the box. Unlike C++ for instance, it can produce graphical programs without needing any extra stuff downloaded additionally.

Note that Minecraft, the best selling game of all time, was coded in (and runs in) Java. So don't be closed off to using it. Java is very good for making games despite what people tell you.

I don't know too much about react and webdev. I haven't paid it much attention. But I do know that browser cross-compatibility is as good as, if not better than even Java. So a website or browser program you write will run on any computer that has that browser.

Funny enough I've only been learning programming seriously for about a year. And it only took me about 4 months to go from my first hello world program in python to writing working c++ programs. Within another 3 I was writing simple graphical programs in Java. Keep in mind I wasn't even spending that much time learning it. If you really put your mind to it and study it constantly, you could become very adept at multiple programming languages very quickly.
:feelsokman: :feelsokman: :feelsokman: :feelsokman:
I will take the things you said into account
Thanks for the reply

Holy C specifically

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back