Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I'm Glad I'm An Adult Incel In This Era Rather Than The Era's When Music Was Beautiful

BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

Self-banned
-
IDK but for me, the music of the 70's and especially the 80's and 90's, were the best that music ever was, the songs were amazing, mostly melodic, not the trash we hear today

It must have been complete suifuel being an incel in that era when music was playing

Today all the music is so "raunchy", "grungy" and "robotic" sounding, no melody at all, so it barely invokes any feeling in the average person at all, well other than raw sexuality or maybe violent/energetic thoughts, but music today doesn't really make you "feel" anything deeply, and that's the saving grace of music in this era for me

The average song that plays today that revolves around sex and relationships (or anything really) is trash, and its too upbeat to actually encapsulate what its supposed to convey in most cases

Compare that to a song like:

OR

OR

Its not even close

Are there "slow type" love songs being made today, sure, but they never capture the same vibe, its like its "robotic", there's no actual feeling in it, there are songs from those eras that have nothing to do with love that invoke more feeling than any love song made today, and to me, that's a good thing

SERIOUSLY, THANK GOD AT LEAST THE MUSIC TODAY IS SHIT

Seriously imagine being and incel an living through these eras that were the peak of music, all these songs on the radio all the time, you'd be depressed 24/7, you'd want to die all the time, I can't imagine myself surviving in those times, I'd have roped before I even reached the age I am now

I listen to some of these songs every now and then because it sounds great, but not for too long because it always leads to depression when I start thinking about life, and music like this always makes you think about life

Last edited:
Being Incel back in the 50 or 60s would've been pure SuiFuel without the benefit of having all of the entertainment we have nowadays to keep our mind off of it.

What the hell happened to music? why does it suck so much nowadays? it's like there are no good artists anymore.

Agreed, although I don't see how it would matter whether it you play it now or in the past, you're still hearing it on a constant basis. I only listen to classical and 70s tbh

Last edited:
Music peaked in the late 19th century. 60s/70s/80s is peak, drug fueled, rock n roll hypergamy era

Being Incel back in the 50 or 60s would've been pure SuiFuel without the benefit of having all of the entertainment we have nowadays to keep our mind off of it.

Fuck, that blonde JB...

Agreed, although I don't see how it would matter whether it you play it now or in the past, you're still hearing it on a constant basis

1. You have to choose to listen to it

2. You don't see couples around you everyday listening to it, cuddling to it, dancing to it, etc (which doubles the depressing effect the emotive power of the music would have on you)

Its something that you have to now expose yourself to, rather than just always be in the midst of

Be careful linking stuff like that

Music of the 70s (Genesis, ELO, PF) was amazing

Music on the radio sucks yea

I fucking love 80s music, I don't listen to anything else much, honestly. You got good taste in songs. Today's music is indeed garbage, I can't stand that shit.

But honestly, you'd have to be a literal deformed truecel to be incel back then. If you look at pictures of married boomers when they were younger, you can tell that they wouldn't be able to stand a chance today. If incel forums were a thing in the 80s, there would maybe be like 3 or 4 actual active truecel users here.
Music peaked in the late 19th century. 60s/70s/80s is peak, drug fueled, rock n roll hypergamy era
Hypergamy? Maybe social and status, but it wasn't over for the majority of men like it is today.

I fucking love 80s music, I don't listen to anything else much, honestly. You got good taste in songs. Today's music is indeed garbage, I can't stand that shit.

But honestly, you'd have to be a literal deformed truecel to be incel back then. If you look at pictures of married boomers when they were younger, you can tell that they wouldn't be able to stand a chance today. If incel forums were a thing in the 80s, there would maybe be like 3 or 4 actual active truecel users here.

Hypergamy? Maybe social and status, but it wasn't over for the majority of men like it is today.

Yeah that's what I meant. Those 60-80s rock stars could have a crowd of 10000 fans, say 5000 would be women, they could pick and choose to fuck any of them, that is the abominationimo.

people alive in the 80s said 80s music sucks

I only listen to german classic music and heavy metal tbh

What are your thoughts on death / black metal?

What are your thoughts on death / black metal?

Depends on the song I guess, but for the most part it just sounds like crap, you can't even hear the lyrics or follow the beat of the music, its as if someone wanted to do heavy metal music, but they wanted to become the instruments used in dubstep, that's what death metal sounds like JFL.

Depends on the song I guess, but for the most part it just sounds like crap, you can't even hear the lyrics or follow the beat of the music, its as if someone wanted to do heavy metal music, but they wanted to become the instruments used in dubstep, that's what death metal sounds like JFL.
I always can hear words. You have to get used to it. And i have to tell you that lyrics is very important to me.
If band has good music but bad lyrics im not gonna listen to it.
That is why i discared "Death" ' - music is good but lyrics is horroble ( except Leprocy).

It is VERY hard to find desent death metal band. Unfortunately they often sing about conventional boleshit like satan and crosses.

I don't seriously understand the "you can't even understand the lyrics" argument against metal tbh, So by that logic opera music sucks too. So just like opera music, the main reason for the vocals are creating harmorny for the music so it doesn't really matter if you can't understand them or not. If you really care about the lyrics you can easily find it.

And your second point is true many death metal musicians are shit who don't know anything and just make death metal because they want to create something heavy but there are amazing death metal musicians too. Just look at the songs Blood Mantra, Defying the Sacred, Crystal mountain, Lashed to the slave stick etc. Those are one of my favorites death metal songs

And if you can't keep tempo to death metal blame your ear not the music, many of death metal is easily followable

This x1000000

I don't seriously understand the "you can't even understand the lyrics" argument against metal tbh, So by that logic opera music sucks too. So just like opera music, the main reason for the vocals are creating harmorny for the music so it doesn't really matter if you can't understand them or not. If you really care about the lyrics you can easily find it.

And your second point is true many death metal musicians are shit who don't know anything and just make death metal because they want to create something heavy but there are amazing death metal musicians too. Just look at the songs Blood Mantra, Defying the Sacred, Crystal mountain, Lashed to the slave stick etc. Those are one of my favorites death metal songs

And if you can't keep tempo to death metal blame your ear not the music, many of death metal is easily followable

I'll check out some of the songs you suggested, but most I've ever heard just sounds like mindless screeching, death metal doesn't sound like someone trying to make music, it sounds like someone trying to "sound scary", and that in a way takes away from the music, a song can sound scary without all the weird screeches and growls, if they did a heavy metal version of most death metal songs they could have probably been hits, but death metal is about "the image" more than "the music" from what I've observed

Those 3 songs are some of the most evocative ever. I remember them growing up. They lit up my emotions and made me feel as if the world was a wonderful place, full of hope and promise. I miss feeling like that.

Here are a few others from that era that stir your soul:

And, here's one from Italy:

Last edited:
All pop music has a trigger sound that makes people want to listen to it and gets inside their heads so it is memorable.. literal mind control. A guy on YouTube did a video exposing it.

Wow hearing this again hit a very raw nerve. I'm an oldcel ( 55 ) and remember watching this film in the early 80's when I was a teenager.
I used to sit on my own in the canteen on my breaks at the shop I worked in and my foid co workers gathered on the next table would sing this to humiliate me.

Metalcore wasn't around back then, so not for me

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back