Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm dreading my 23rd birthday.

Wilmoty_95

Wilmoty_95

Recruit
★★★★
I'm turning 23 next month with nothing to show for my efforts. A job I hate, still zero romantic successes (virgin), and I fear not my birthday, but how desperately sad I will be when it comes to pass. I have no one to celebrate it with except for my mother, and even then, I probably won't be getting any presents. Fine, I'm 23, presents are for literal children, but the prospect of having a mediocre lunch somewhere with a parent and then coming home to the realisation I don't have any friends, or maybe even a future, hurts me deeply.

but the prospect of having a mediocre lunch somewhere with a parent and then coming home to the realisation I don't have any friends, or maybe even a future, hurts me deeply.
This is where it really fucking hits, the bleakness sets in. It's just another year going by waiting for your fate unless by some miracle you ascend

This is where it really fucking hits, the bleakness sets in. It's just another year going by waiting for your fate unless by some miracle you ascend
What annoys me are people who say "Stop comparing yourself." "Some people prefer having online friends."
I tried to make friends, I even worked in construction for free, and got absolutely nothing in return. No friends, no long-term contact.

"Mindset" cannot correct something that seems terminal. Empty quotes are just that, empty. It feels like the walls are closing in. My mother is 57 a day before me, recurrent health issues, contingencies must be considered.

Last edited:
What annoys me are people who say "Stop comparing yourself." "Some people prefer having online friends."
I tried to make friends, I even worked in construction for free, and got absolutely nothing in return. No friends, no long-term contact.

"Mindset" cannot correct something that seems terminal. Empty quotes are just that, empty.
It's impossible to stop comparing yourself, it's simply human nature. Apparently your personality is set in stone by age 8 so it's kind of impossible to make up for so much lost social milestones if you were already an inept autist.

congrats I'm turning 30 next month so kind of envy you tbh.

It's impossible to stop comparing yourself, it's simply human nature. Apparently your personality is set in stone by age 8 so it's kind of impossible to make up for so much lost social milestones if you were already an inept autist.
I can't even remember my 16th, I went to an Aquarium for my 18th with my sister's boyfriend, and then a Zoo for my 21st with my parent and sibling from memory.

A Zoo. For my 21st. I had yet to realise that I didn't have friends, I was terminally online, it didn't seem to matter. A job? who cares, the future doesn't matter. I got a job, and I hate it.

The first time? I can let that slide. My 18th? no matter, surely it will get better. 20th, marred by OCD. 21st, even more dire, 22nd, depressing. The 23rd I imagine will be consistent with the above trend. After your twenty-first it is "Put up sunshine, you're an adult now." even though I didn't even enjoy, or experience, my late adolescence to begin with.

Last edited:
iam turning 23 in december and it will be about the same for me.

Oh boy me too, i still have over half a year but man if it comes and im still virgin its gonna be a depressing day. Wont accept anything except a cake with family at home

Stopped giving a shit about muh birthdays at 17 tbh, now at 25 every year is just the same old shit, but a bit worse as time progresses

I only care about my 21st birthday and that'll be the last time i care for my birthday

I haven't celebrated my birthday in years

You need to compare yourself from time to time for a reality check.

"Mindset" cannot correct something that seems terminal. Empty quotes are just that, empty. It feels like the walls are closing in. My mother is 57 a day before me, recurrent health issues, contingencies must be considered.
Don’t expect anything if you’re a low value male.

Take it from someone a lil older don’t b so hard on yourself bout shit

Seeing shit from a higher perspective isn’t the easiest but idk shit can get better

Well, it turned out just as bleak as I thought it would.

Half the family forgot, or didn't say anything, got birthday wishes from about three people, one of which was over PM's on Facebook. One person posted on my timeline, the one person who I thought was my friend in the local city hasn't said anything.

No birthday party, no nothing. My mother, who I love dearly, is at work, so home alone. Maybe lunch with my sister, which is alright, but still disappointing.

Everything is so terminally shit.

Last edited:
Be thankful for that while your mother is alive, some people don't even have that.

Friendships don't exist after childhood is over.
True brocel, but I still feel bitter and lonely.

Hold on a minute