Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Ignoring users is more effective than I originally thought.

G

Gremlincel

a
-
Back when I joined the forum first, if I remember correctly, the ignore function did not behave as it does now.
Now, when you ignore a user, their threads and comments are hidden almost entirely. The 'show ignored content' command is very non-intrusive and subtle at the bottom right side of a thread, hard to even notice if you aren't looking. The only time that you will be reminded they even exist, as far as I can tell, is when they have made the most recent post on Inceldom Discussion, Off Topic, or Meta & Feedback, where their icons will still appear on the main page.
I'm glad I tried it again and found this out. I suppose some consider ignoring a weak move, but really, it's nice to have the option to never see the posts of those who constantly humble brag and repeatedly write the most irritating crap, overall lessening your enjoyment here.
Definitely keeping an eye on the users who get on my nerves every time they post, with the ignore function in mind, from now on. :feelsokman:

there's an ignore function?

it's nice to have the option to never see the posts of those who constantly humble brag and repeatedly write the most irritating crap
I like spamming them with anime pics they seem to hate it and I can see why

1a775e970748bf5bc26698d5397b43fb1454381846 large

don't do that because i like using my cuck pic folder to reply
That kind of thing rarely bothers me, lol, and never in either of your cases. Honestly as of now I only have two users blocked (not revealing who they are, don't ask) and I ignored them out of little but a strong disliking of their characters. I'm not convinced either are really incel, and both frequently brag about physical attributes in their posts. (not to a report-worthy degree, but enough to piss me off)
Not sure if anyone else will be ignored, as of now, but, I'll keep it in mind should similar annoyances arise.
I just wanted to make this thread to let others know the function actually works effectively, tbh. :feelswhere:

Last edited:
Anime avatars need to be banned. I used to be for them but every time I see Asuka I want to fap.

Good to know. I haven't put anyone on ignore (yet).

Yes this option is so useful though. I also have some users ignored

The ignore function saves my nerves every day. It's a godsend.

Kek I joined here very early and have 0 ignored users in my list. :feelsahh:

Some users piss me off but I don't ignore them. I like to fight lol.

I would never ignore anyone tbh, it's doesn't fell right to do that.

Some users piss me off but I don't ignore them. I like to fight lol.
I'm certainly not against discussion, argument, or even petty insults and fighting at times, and I wouldn't propose the ignore button is used out of simply disagreeing or disliking someone. But, I think it is warranted in some cases.. no need to let someone degrade your overall experience on the site if you are not interested with interacting with them at all.
We'll see how they like it!
if you can't beat them join them theory

Last edited:
I have someone it's because that user insulted me without any argument and speaks like a broken machine translation english, even google translate is better.

Back when I joined the forum first, if I remember correctly, the ignore function did not behave as it does now.
Now, when you ignore a user, their threads and comments are hidden almost entirely. The 'show ignored content' command is very non-intrusive and subtle at the bottom right side of a thread, hard to even notice if you aren't looking. The only time that you will be reminded they even exist, as far as I can tell, is when they have made the most recent post on Inceldom Discussion, Off Topic, or Meta & Feedback, where their icons will still appear on the main page.
I'm glad I tried it again and found this out. I suppose some consider ignoring a weak move, but really, it's nice to have the option to never see the posts of those who constantly humble brag and repeatedly write the most irritating crap, overall lessening your enjoyment here.
Definitely keeping an eye on the users who get on my nerves every time they post, with the ignore function in mind, from now on. :feelsokman:
Yes this option is so useful though. I also have some users ignored
The ignore function saves my nerves every day. It's a godsend.
:soy::soy::soy::soy::soy:Just keep blocking out the negativity!

:soy::soy::soy::soy::soy:Just keep blocking out the negativity!
İt's not a soyboy stuff.Here is only place ı come for coping of my life and talking with people.but some users tried trolling me because ı'm Turkish so ı had to ignore them

İt's not a soyboy stuff.Here is only place ı come for coping of my life and talking with people.but some users tried trolling me because ı'm Turkish so ı had to ignore them
Who bullied you?

I dislike the ignore function.

I prefer to see the garbage some users post

Who bullied you?

I won't give you specific names .Some users tried roast me cuz ı'm Turkish and nothing else and call me roach. They can't call me like this if they see me irl but internet is a powerful thing and make people feel like they're Gods

I won't give you specific names .Some users tried roast me cuz ı'm Turkish and nothing else and call me roach. They can't call me like this if they see me irl but internet is a powerful thing and make people feel like they're Gods
It's simple don't give a single fuck how someone calls you online. Don't let it bother you.

I hope I'm not ignored by any1 :feelscry:

I hope I'm not ignored by any1 :feelscry:
I wish that too, i hate that feeling, i wish that feature wouldn't exist, it's reminds me how we where isolated in HS from friend circles and we rotted alone:feelsbadman:

:feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsahh:epic.

Fuucckk. I am probably blocked by dozens of people here.
:feelstrash::feelstrash::feelstrash:
I know the feeling sucks, it's like the cool kids that don't want some of us. I hate this feature tbh.:feelsbadman:

I'm used to being ignored.

Yeah, its a useful tool for keeping the faggots away

I am a mod and mods should never ignore users. The function is extremely useful though

Mods do a great job at deleting annoying threads and banning bad users tbh so there's no need to ignore anyone.

I'm certainly not against discussion, argument, or even petty insults and fighting at times, and I wouldn't propose the ignore button is used out of simply disagreeing or disliking someone. But, I think it is warranted in some cases.. no need to let someone degrade your overall experience on the site if you are not interested with interacting with them at all.

if you can't beat them join them theory

I remember the ignore button used to be useless. Now I can finally ignore the larpers that aren’t banned. Out of sight out of mind.

I remember the ignore button used to be useless. Now I can finally ignore the larpers that aren’t banned. Out of sight out of mind.
Originally it really was useless, yeah.