Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious if you get headaches with your LED monitor crank brightness up to 100

microDongCityUSA

microDongCityUSA

Major
★★★★★
You need to lower brightness via graphics card control panel settings instead of the monitors.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1362457985
How to avoid flicker on your existing monitor
So, what if I already own one or more monitors, you probably ask yourself by now. You can actually do something to the PWM issue. Start by setting the brightness setting to 100 % and perform the camera test. If you see no lines PWM is not used at maximum brightness. If you still see lines at 100 % brightness you cannot use the method described below.

You monitor is probably too bright at 100 % brightness but you can “cheat” it and have it run at lower brightness without changing anything in the actual monitor menus. Instead, you into your graphic card settings menu and proceed to the advanced options (typically be right clicking on your desktop and selecting screen settings). In the advanced settings menu you can often lower the brightness level, telling to monitor to display less intense colors. In practice the monitor translates this into a procedure where it uses the liquid crystals in the panel to block more backlight. However, it has a negative effect on contrast so is not a long-term solution.

wouldnt that make it worse

wouldnt that make it worse

Weirdly no, LED uses something called PWM to lower brightness but this causes flickering. From what i've read BenQ and Viewsonic use some alternate method DC to properly lower brightness to not cause flickering.

Returned my Samsung monitor back to Amazon, got a Benq coming and see if i feel like a zombie after using it for a short bit. Was also thinking of going back to LCD displays back in the 2012 and older era.

Weirdly no, LED uses something called PWM to lower brightness but this causes flickering. From what i've read BenQ and Viewsonic use some alternate method DC to properly lower brightness to not cause flickering.

Returned my Samsung monitor back to Amazon, got a Benq coming and see if i feel like a zombie after using it for a short bit. Was also thinking of going back to LCD displays back in the 2012 and older era.

interadasting

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back